Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

In case Audiovox executives are reading this thread...

PLEASE continue the Heritage line, particularly Klipschorns.

PLEASE continue to provide parts for Hertige.

PLEASE continue to make Jubs and other special order / custom models available

The above items (and others) make Klipsch unique.

Thanks

The product make in Hope will continue to be made in Hope....

Just like the products that are made by McIntosh in the USA continue to be made in the USA!

It doesn't matter who buy Klipsch, I will continue to buy and own Klipsch ... till death do us part! [:)]

OK enough!

You don't buy a cash cow and send it to the butcher shop. You let it continue to bring in the cash...

If you want to help, go buy some NEW gear and stop pushing the DIY projects that blur the lines between Klipsch product and what ever the bastardized stuff out there is. It's gotten to the point that the CS team has to get S/N before ordering parts for someone because the warranty parts were being depleted due to the DIY folks building their own "klipsch" speakers.

Like PWK said, If you want to build a speaker put your own name on it not mine.

Well said, Trey. My thoughts exactly. And those that promote DIY bastardized Klipsch gear should hang their heads in shame... Buy new; and, buy Klipsch!!!

Guest Anonymous

In case Audiovox executives are reading this thread...

PLEASE continue the Heritage line, particularly Klipschorns.

PLEASE continue to provide parts for Hertige.

PLEASE continue to make Jubs and other special order / custom models available

The above items (and others) make Klipsch unique.

Thanks

WELL SAID, Send them a PM, Two thumbs up!!!!!!![Y][Y]

Guest Anonymous

If you want to help, go buy some NEW gear and stop pushing the DIY projects that blur the lines between Klipsch product and what ever the bastardized stuff out there is. It's gotten to the point that the CS team has to get S/N before ordering parts for someone because the warranty parts were being depleted due to the DIY folks building their own "klipsch" speakers.

SAD, have to agree here....

They bought Klipsch for both, the name and the company.

This is a done deal?!

some posters should do their research before making such inaccurate statements.

Practice what you preach...

Thanks for the correction. Not sure I've seen the previous inaccurate posters admit their guilt yet, eh?

I have to agree with this as well.

A few years ago I posted a rant in a thread because people would ask about the Reference line and numerous members would respond telling the person to look at USED Heritage. At the time I mentioned that used equipment doesn't pay for R+D, the Pilgrammage, or keep the factory open.

Sometimes I hate it if I'm right. [:(]

I don't know about you guys but if I had to buy a new, I would only consider Heritage and I could probably just afford Heresey IIIs. If I had the dough to buy La Scala II or new Khorns, I wonder if I would even consider other competing brands in the same price range. I'm just saying...if there's a guy out there (not from this forum) who's looking to drop $10K on speakers, would La Scala II or KHorns be on top of his list?

• Like 1

The cold, hard truth is that our beloved, traditional 2-channel world of big, honkin' (no pun intended) speakers is ever shrinking. Too many gurlie-men letting their significant others rule the roost, banishing those "big, honkin' speakers to the family room...then the man-cave...and then to the garage on their way to the curb. Too much competition for a smaller pie. Competition from video, gaming, computer this and that. Most younger folk today just don't seem too interested in tradional hi-fi. At least not to the extent that they are willing to lay out big bucks for it instead of throwing money at the latest i-crap.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with this. Would be pretty hard to listen to Cornwalls at the gym, so I have to settle for some of this "i-crap" in the form of Image S4s. Would also be pretty difficult to listen to Cornwalls on the plane as well, thus more "i-crap" in the form of my Custom-3s. Also can't exactly pack a pair of Cornwalls or K-horns in my laptop bag. However, I can easily take a pair of ProMedia 2.0s for such purpose. Yup, more of that "i-crap". I like to listen to my big rig, but I also like to take my tunes with me as well. If I am going to be buying this stuff, it might as well be from Klipsch, where I know I am going to get something really nice for my money from a company that I trust.

Another point: The Klipsch we all know and love was really one man and his vision. Paul W. Klipsch and his mighty klipschorn, the belle klipsch, the la scala, the cornwall, the heresy. NOTHING since those iconic designs has really inspired legions of fans or has been worthy of building a legacy on. I'm not knocking the newer stuff at all, but you know what I mean. Those old models are truly legendary. And even if klipsch pulls the plug on them, not that they will necessarily, but if they did, they will live on as cherished and sought after classics and also I'm sure there would be many diy plans for them available even as there already are for some.

Yes, Klipsch did start out as one man's vision, and I am glad the company can continue to produce those speakers as a result of that man's vision, in the form of the Heritage series. However, I disagree with the "Nothing since those iconic designs" statement. Seems we are already seeing something built on the RF-7s (look at the re-releases and now the "RF-7 II" model that seems to be getting a lot of good press both here and in the normal audiophile rags). For many folks, the Heritage is just not practical. For example, if you don't have two good corners in a sizable room, Klipschorns are not going to work out too good. Also many small apartments won't take the likes of LaScalas or Cornwalls to good. Yes, the Heresy's could work in such situations. And as much as people like to deny, but there are, unfortunatly, folks that just dont' like the looks and would prefer something more along the lines of the RF-7s. For my particular application, the RF-7s fits what I need perfectly and I can not be happier, even after listening to many a really nice Heritage based setup. As much as some of you "purists" like to believe otherwise, but the Heritage is NOT the "end-all, be-all" when it comes to speakers.

Do you honostly believe that Klipsch would even still be around had they not come out and produced all of these other models? Hell, even PWK himself knew that! To be really "pure", Klipsch should've never came out with anything other than the Khorn. However, PWK himself knew that in order to get more models to appeal more people, it was necessary to create others such as the Heresy's and the Cornwalls.

Also, just how many speakers does one buy anyway? There are people that have bought speakers over 30 years ago brand-new and still enjoy them like the day they first brought them home! I plan on hanging onto these RF-7s for quite a long time myself. How does the company reach out to such folks and get them to buy new products? Perhaps, like me, these guys want to get headphones as well? Perhaps they want another system for the bedroom? Perhaps they want to get something for the kids to play thier video games on? Perhaps something to use with the computer? So happens that Klipsch makes various products to service all these needs, and delivers the same quality and excellent sound that I would expect from a Klipsch product. Of course, they could find something second-hand, but as was already pointed out, that does not exactly help fund the company that we love so dear and near.

Yes, there are going to be those that think that the only "hi-fi" is playing vinyl records on tube-based equipment through Khorns, but for many of us, that is just not practical, especially considering that a lot of what I like to listen to is not even available on vinyl. I do still buy a lot of new music, although none of it is from any of the current mainstream top-40 artists.

I will probably still get those Cornwalls that I do want to use on my two-channel rig I have down in the basement. I may just end up bucking up and order a brand-new pair of CW-IIIs instead of trying to find something on the used market (which has been pretty dry around here anyway).

very much so.

" ......

...."

Gee Trey, are you absolutely certain that the new gear is a better value than the used stuff? An old Cornwall cabinet with some refreshed caps is only about $500-600. Are any of new Klipsch products going to give you the same bang for the buck?

No, I didn't think so either ....

Do you think Ford Motor Company would discourage folks from hot-rodding an old Mustang?

I understand you are tired of some of the silly speculation in this thread, but let's not beat up on the DIYers and fans of Klipsch equipment from the old days. There is a reason for their passion.

-Tom

Yep I've got to agree. Go buy some NEW Heritaga and support the cause. Besides for all those thinking the sky has already fallen it won't be around long but I doubt that will be the case.

I think FMC would discourage you from hot-rodding an old Mustang if it kept you from buying a new one. Any manufacturer that does not sell product ceases to exist.

Well, Ford recognizes these as different markets. That's why you can buy almost everything you need, including a new body and frame, for a 1966 Mustang, FROM Ford, and drop in a new crate 5.0 engine. FMC actively supports DIY enthusiasts because they know that fervent body of supporters: A) buys new Ford product, B) buys parts, C) acts as their best advertising spokesmen.

KAT's support of the Heritage line doeas much the same ($20K Palladium or $10K KHorn?).

Neither Trey, nor anyone else was referring to pre-loved Heritage. If you can't afford the new stuff, I fully support anyone buying older Klipsch models and restoring them. I believe Klipsch even offers upgrades for some of their older models. It's far removed, however, to designing and building Klipsch-like products and marketing them as 'similar to', or 'just as good as' or 'better than stock models'. I just can't see how individuals can 'improve' on products that a company like Klipsch has spent big $$$$ and hundreds of hours of research. I'm looking forward to the new directions Klipsch will be taking with Audiovox... [Y]