**A Big Thank You!!**

Rick

...To an anonymous forum member for an incredibly generous random act of kindness [:D]

Here's the scoop:

I was recently browsing the garage sale section of the forum when I saw a nice Yamaha universal disc player that Jeff (jhoak) had posted for sale. I replied to the thread to wish Jeff luck with the sale, and mentioned that I'd love to have had the unit, but couldn't justify spending the money for it because I have recently gotten laid off from my job. I had sold my Oppo BDP-83 player and the few DVD-Audio discs I had in my collection nearly a year ago, but since then I have aquired some more DVD-A discs (most notably a few from Rush's "Sectors" box sets), so I've been wishing for another player capable of playing them in their full high resolution glory...

Next thing I know (within a very short period of time), I got a PM from Jeff saying that another forum member had purchased the unit from him, and had instructed him to get my address and ship it to me, and that the person wished to remain anonymous. Needless to say, I was very happy to hear this, and deeply touched by the gesture...

A day or two later Jeff PM'd me saying that he was sorry that he had not been able to ship it to me yet, because he had been fighting the flu. I replied to him that I was not in a hurry, and that I hoped he would soon be feeling back to normal. Jeff is a great guy, and for him to feel like he had to apologize to me for not shipping it to me yet, because he was sick, when it didn't cost me a dime... Well, that says a lot about Jeff's character as well... Members like Jeff and the person who did this for me are why this is such a great comminity, and I'm proud to be a member here...

The unit arrived today, and it's a beauty, and it is in just like new condition. And BTW, nice packing job Jeff, looks like something I might have packed myself. I was familiar with this particular unit already, having drooled over it back when it cost $750 new, and could not afford it at the time. It is a good looking and solidly built unit, as I find most Yamaha products tend to be. Anyhow, enough rambling, it is time to hook this bad boy up and give it a listen!!

Once more, a big THANK YOU to the member who did this very kind and heartwarming thing for me!! [:D]

This forum is the best!! [H][Y][Y]

very nice Rick and very cool, too. I've met some of the best people I know on this forum. Some very generous folks, too.

Years ago I'd said that the Klipsch forum was the closest thing to genuine community I'd run across on the internet. That was before I'd seen and experienced this sort of generosity.

It's an humbling thing. sounds corny, but to me it's all in the spirit of Mr. Paul. Considering his character and the kind of man, not really so surprising.

What goes around comes around. You must have done something good somewhere. [:D]

Sometime? [:|]

Somehow? [:^)]

[:|]

Ok, maybe this forum is simply populated with extraordinarily nice people!!! [<:o)]

Kudo's to all involved, definately a top notch transaction [Y]

It was an absolute pleasure Rick. I’m very happy to have had a small part in it.

A couple of months ago I was the recipient of the generosity of this forum. I received a pair of Heresys courtesy of neo33. As if that wasn’t enough several of the members contributed money to fully cover the fuel cost of the 17 hour trip to retrieve them. I am extremely grateful to the members here whose generosity made this happen.

I listen to those Heresys every day. Every day I think about how lucky I am to be involved with such a great group of folks many of whom I’ve never met.

Rick, I hope you enjoy the player as much as I did.