Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well the days events were total BS, ride 50 miles to an appointment, have a letter states appt is 2:30 but need to be there 20 minutes early

show up early and am informed my appt is at 3pm "but I have this paper" well the probably meant appt is t 3 and you need to be here at 2:30

Pretty sure I can read and comprehend english but I digress...................3pm still setting out front waiting, so I ask receptionist How much longer

Oh theres still 2 patients in front of you,  Not in front of me there isnt, How long will that take ?  shoulders shrug Not sure,  so I explain the actual appt time again and that its unacceptable and contrary to there beliefs I to have a life and it does not include following there failures to be on time

Tell receptionist I am not waiting she asks do you want to cancel,  Uh no I think I am standing here,  do you want to reschedule, I did not schedule this appt.........Finally tell her to do what she wants I am leaving.............Out I walk

What the hell is it with Dr offices they will charge you for a missed appointment if you are 15 minutes late and force you to reschedule,  Yet they are under the impression they can dick you around to there content, They also tell me I will be seeing a CMA, this is who is supposed to refute what my 2 Licensed MD have said :blink: 

I am convinced I will hear they claimed I missed the appt

Hell with it I am enjoying Tracy Chapman :D  

• Like 3

Another perfect day here today, currently 62, with a high of 80!

I will run an errand this morning, then get away from work for a "spirited" motorcycle ride to the southeast part of the state. Don't tell my boss :D

Every year around this time I try to get away for a few days and go down to the Knoxville Tn area to ride their spectacular roads. Hwy 129 (Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon) is on the list. In a 11 mile stretch of that road, there are 317 turns! Pretty darn amazing on a bike. Cherokee National Forest, the Skyway are also great areas around Knoxville and northwest NC. 

Have fun today….

• Like 9

Thanks for posting that Steve, I hadn't seen that previously.

We had the same issue at our house Luther.  The oak trees in the front yard suck up all the water out of the ground which shrinks the soil and allows the foundation to settle.  I ended up having the foundation fixed and cutting down the trees.

• Like 5

mornin' guys ...just checking in. More rain today but that's okay. We go through long dry spells and need to build up the reservoirs.

Luther ... have you looked into homeowners insurance as a possible resource for the foundation issues?

Ceptorman ... you have a perfect plan for spending your Thursday. Enjoy.

• Like 6

• Moderators
Wardsweb, on 22 Oct 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

Well we are finally getting some rain. My house needs it. The ground is so dry, it has shifted my house foundation causing cracks in the walls, around door frames and cracked a large picture window. Ya'll have a great day.

That's crazy, sorry to hear this, I will stop complaining about no rain here, it's not as bad as that.

• Like 5

Morning Gang

80+ yet again.

Farm work yesterday, so today is a day off.

Mailbox Alarm electronics, last piece i was waiting for came in yesterday, so i dove in.

The indoor Alarm device is now complete, waiting on LED/Photocell for mailbox portion.

I suppose i should make a video, there is just no way i can explain i was gutting a Gopher at midnight, (not a real Gopher).

I'll make a video after a Nap, three cups and not even fazed.

post-57941-0-32860000-1445525361_thumb.j

• Like 6

• Moderators
'Ceptorman', on 22 Oct 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Every year around this time I try to get away for a few days and go down to the Knoxville Tn area to ride their spectacular roads. Hwy 129 (Deals Gap, Tail of the Dragon) is on the list. In a 11 mile stretch of that road, there are 317 turns! Pretty darn amazing on a bike. Cherokee National Forest, the Skyway are also great areas around Knoxville and northwest NC.

Did the same thing last year but in Aug,(not as colorful) try to go check out the waterfall close to the end of the Skyway it's easy to get to and pretty big. I can't remember the name but there is a sign it's on the Tellico side of the parkway. We spent one Saturday just parked on the Dragon watching cars and bikes pass buy, our daughter and husband rode there bikes a few times on the tail.

post-9700-0-90860000-1445525564_thumb.jp

• Like 5

'Ceptorman', on 22 Oct 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Did the same thing last year but in Aug,(not as colorful) try to go check out the waterfall close to the end of the Skyway it's easy to get to and pretty big. I can't remember the name but there is a sign it's on the Tellico side of the parkway. We spent one Saturday just parked on the Dragon watching cars and bikes pass buy, our daughter and husband rode there bikes a few times on the tail.

I've ridden that area quite a bit, but I haven't scratched the surface of all the great scenery. I'm thinking about retiring around there.

• Like 3

Well we are finally getting some rain. My house needs it. The ground is so dry, it has shifted my house foundation causing cracks in the walls, around door frames and cracked a large picture window. Ya'll have a great day.

A little moisture in the soil is actually a good thing for your home's foundation. Soil with no moisture isn't very sturdy. There are ways of confronting this problem during original construction. Half of our country has to worry about frost lines and heaving, but that frost does make soil that's more stabile against soil settling and erosion.

• Like 4

• Moderators
Ceptorman, on 22 Oct 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

dtel, on 22 Oct 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

'Ceptorman', on 22 Oct 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:'Ceptorman', on 22 Oct 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

I've ridden that area quite a bit, but I haven't scratched the surface of all the great scenery. I'm thinking about retiring around there.

I wouldn't blame you at all, it's a great looking area. We have been there a lot but like you there is much more we haven't seen, my favorite time of the year is fall with the colors.

Since you will be in the area Fontana dam is nice and a very curvy road to get there. https://www.tva.gov/Energy/Our-Power-System/Hydroelectric/Fontana-Reservoir

post-9700-0-36340000-1445528898_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-74140000-1445528925_thumb.jp

• Like 11

Morning all! Or happy lunch hour on the east coast - low 20's here this morning, still no snow. Tar Heel you're on page 616 and well on the way to 15k posts! I raise my coffee mug to you for a well thought out thread that has found longevity and brought a smile to many of us for a good while now! Cheers!

• Like 11