Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Yes Chuck, that list and more are some of my favorite groups, plus some more, of course.

When a kid my older sisters spun some vinyl, and we had a local play all radio station in our small town.

Maybe a little odd but, for a kid, listening to rock/country, whatever was at least something to do. Kept it to myself but, would sing all the country hits. Still do to this day when driving on the weekends, or at home washing dishes. Picture a kid singing Saginaw, Michigan, or 500 miles...

Alright it is weird! :)

• Like 6

Top of the evening to you all...... Just to keep it on point, I ordered 2 6' stereo pair of RCA brand premium interconnects today on Amazon.... This will be for the restored cassette deck and the Teac R to R...

Cross posting my current listen from the RTM forum..... Some top Hammond players on this SACD (in two channel mode) B3 Jazz Grooves (0:

Here is a real time photo.. Got my SC Merlot here to relax with as well...

Enjoy your evening my friends ;0)image.jpg1_113.jpg

• Like 6

Thank you !

JL, the lamp was just noticed over in RTM as well.... It is called the Eiffel Tower with its triangular globe (0: Part of the collection of lamps made in China.... The real Lava brand display is organized on a rack in the second floor living room. There are over 70 lamps in the house, two are from the original company which still exists to this day just outside London... One was personally purchased by me at the dedicated Mathmos shop, down town London... Have a step up converter as they run on 240 volts! I still can't get over the size of those huge plugs in the UK !

• Like 3

Good evening guys,

Just caught up on all the posts. Let me start off with a happy "B" day to my man Dave :-)

Next....yes Joe I work for my self, it's just me and the wife. We have had the auto shop for the past 16+ years. I have been with Honda since 1986. The shop is home for one set of my KP362's.....yea we jam most every day lol lol. We still work week to week like most folk.

Now for the coffee......only one cup today........cuz today was my Krav-Maga level 3 test.....oh chit it was over 4 hours of punishment.

I was getting hit, kicked, choked and all kinds of other attacks. But I worked through it and I'm able to lay in bed with a ice pack on my shin lol lol.

Back to you dave....your now 40, I started Kenpo Karate when I was 40. It was one of the best things I ever did. I did about 5 years of Kenpo then I found Krav-Maga. It is a work-out like no other. It's not about being a "bad @ss" cuz I am not. I challenge my self to do this stuff. After a test like today I am on a "High", I really feel great. Yes I did pass.....and they fail people, they don't give advancements out. My dad is 75 years old.....and he trains with me......yes he does and that's no BS. My dad is not your avarage 75 year old man.......he's a "F"ing nut. I'll tell you all about him later.

Anyway dave....eat good and work out a few time a week....it does make a difference in how you feel imho.

OK gang I'm chillin out, check-in......in the am. A good nite to all

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Nice post MKP ;0)

Ok, over in RTM now listening to a 24/192 DVD-A edition of a Paul Klipsch jazz recording from 1955/57 ....amazing sound AND in stereo too !

Here is looking toward the right channel in an 'after dark' listening mode here in Music Hall....

Dtel, thanks, but those are real Conn 'pipe speakers' There six 'ranks' of them in this listening space, and they are part of a concert organ not usually seen in a house! Sometime, I will get photos of it all to share with the group... ;0)image.jpg1_115.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators

Elden…think i read you are taking another trip...have a safe trip…and have fun.

Yes thanks, were leaving in the morning and we will be safe and most of all have fun. Going where we can snorkel and hang out on some beaches under palm trees which are close to bars with thatch roofs, we all can't live close to the beach in sunny California. :D  

• Like 3

• Moderators
Dtel, thanks, but those are real Conn 'pipe speakers' There six 'ranks' of them in this listening space, and they are part of a concert organ not usually seen in a house! Sometime, I will get photos of it all to share with the group... ;0)

Oh, I thought they were just because they look cool, very nice, you do need to share the story one day. Even better than I was thinking. :emotion-21:

• Like 4

After catching up on the post since I last checked in I must say I'm impressed with the talented and interesting folks here in our coffee klatch.  Many stories to tell.  Here is my recent story.

I have an old (82) Dutch friend who is a retired psychiatrist.  I worked with him for a few years when I was a case manager at the local mental health center.  Rolf and his wife Maryke use to visit with me and my wife from time to time and tell us about their life in Holland when Holland was occupied by the Germans.  Property was confiscated and many died of hunger.  A very traumatic time. 

Maryke developed pancreatic cancer and in her last days she use to call to see if she could come over to listen to Josh Groban or Andrea Bocelli on my system.  We always said yes. She passed away 7 years ago. 

Anyway I'm getting to my point.  Rolf has always been eccentric and a bit of an odd bird.  Friday I was in my bedroom making a new playlist on Spotify with music blaring at the other end of the house.  I walked down to the music room, laptop in hand and as I entered the doorway I caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye, of someone on my sofa.  I was so startled I almost threw the lap top at.....you guessed it.....Rolf sitting in the sweet spot.  I guess I need to start locking my doors!

He came by again yesterday and brought a record he had just bought.  A new vinyl copy of Graceland by Paul Simon. I cleaned it and played it for him.  He left it with me since he doesn't have a music system.   

So that was my excitement. 

A birthday party for two friends one 65 one 80 last night.  Blew the diet big time.  Back at it tomorrow.

Long winded.....sorry!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gentlemen

• Like 8

Good Sunday morning my friends (0:

SIX clocks in the kitchen reset including the coffee maker which I will begin to brew manually soon as I send this ... HVAC thermo too.... Ok, breakfast soon and get this day started ;0)

Enjoy your morning everyone......

......Gary

• Like 4

Morning guys. 

Late start today, a bit stiff but all is good. My daughter just made the coffee....ahhh it's good. Very cool story Chuck.....thanks.

Yea guys I'm off the diet today......I'm eating some good junk today. I want me some Checkers.... I want a big order of fries, two or three burgers and to wash it down a large "diet Coke" lol lol. 

I started the "junk fest" last night. The wife and I went to the Honey Pig......it's an authentic Korean restaurant. Man it's the bomb. Most of the wait staff barley speak English. You just point at the pic. They cook the food at your table on this convex grill, really cool. I should have taken a few pics for you guys. Next time I will. Ordered two types of meat extra peppers and a seafood pancake and to wash it down.......you guessed it a "diet Coke" lol lol. I don't drink reg soda, I don't like the taste.....it's not a diet thing.

When we got home I ate a HUGE bowl of ice cream. Man I can feel the fat growing on me. After today I'll be back on track.....today is my re-laps lol lol.

OK guys, I'm going to get the 2nd cup. Check in later.

MKP :-) 

• Like 4