Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1. Jackson is in my thoughts Sancho...!

Hang in there

Mow that grass

Be careful

Work in the cards for me this w/e of course.

Super brought up the scanner word again.

Last time I rebelled.

This time, my mind may rebel again.

For a technical guy, I hate learning new things of late.

This may be the beginning of the end of my work there...I shall see.

Good stuff Joe!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 7

Husqavarna used to make good motocross and enduro motorcycles in the 60's & 70's.  I think they make pretty good chain saws now too.  I don't have 1st hand experience though, my chain saws are all Stihl.  I would take it back to Lowes and tell them to exchange it or you will never go to Lowes again and tell them you will give all your business to Home Depot or Menards.  Rat bastards!   :angry:  

• Like 7

Hey Ben I think that cartridge is for 78rpm....not sure.

Not stock, but a .6 mil 78 stylus is available.  I believe they are green.

I have one somewhere.  Works nicely for 78, but found the Stanton 550 DJ model with 78 stylus to be just as good and a bit more robust.  Able to track at 6 grams nicely.

Dave

• Like 6

Chuck,

M94E  M44E is an elliptical but I think a 79 78 RPM stylus is available for it.  Not sure if still available but at one time one could get a 78 RPM stylus for v15 type 5 MR so 78 stylus  probably available for any Shure cartridge  

STYLUS MODEL

N44E Replacement : Grip Color-Brown

ELLIPTICAL SHAPED DIAMOND TIP

.0004 inch (10 microns) side contact radii

,0007 inch (17.8 microns) frontal radius

.0010 inch (25.4 microns) between points

of contact with groove

Thanks for Dave for catching my SNAFUBAR M44E not M94E!... thought M94PE didn't seem quite right. 

Edited by blsamuel
  • Like 6

Husqavarna used to make good motocross and enduro motorcycles in the 60's & 70's.  I think they make pretty good chain saws now too.  I don't have 1st hand experience though, my chain saws are all Stihl.  I would take it back to Lowes and tell them to exchange it or you will never go to Lowes again and tell them you will give all your business to Home Depot or Menards.  Rat bastards!   :angry:  

Husqavarna still makes pretty good chainsaws.  My brothers ex-wife's step son's significant other, Scott,  is/was a lumberjack and said Husqvarna was one of the best along with Jonsered which is what we had since 1978 until around 1998 when we bought a new one after Dad passed away.  The old Jonsered still going strong but could no longer get parts though I think Mike's co-worker and pastor made what he needed.  he place where Dad purchased it still had on file that Dad had bought it in 1978.  Wore out the ancient McCulloch.  Got  new one.  Killed it in a year or two.  Dad bought the Jonsered.  It cut through hard dried maple better than the new McCulloch could cut soft green wood.

Never saw anybody as good with a chainsaw as Scott.  Had almost forgotten that they're supposed to produce shavings and not saw dust when cutting.  Saw a bit.  Sharpen chain.  Continue.   Somebody stole our new Jonsered a few years back so Mike bought another pro grade from a different store but son of long time friend of Dad's.   I think Scott said that  Husqvarna, Jonsered and this other brand now all made by the same company?

Love our Stihl straight shaft string trimmer and think of them as maker of very good trimmers, chain saws, etc. 

• Like 5

Not stock, but a .6 mil 78 stylus is available.  I believe they are green.

I have one somewhere.  Works nicely for 78, but found the Stanton 550 DJ model with 78 stylus to be just as good and a bit more robust.  Able to track at 6 grams nicely.

Dave

When I got the v15type5MR over 25 years ago to replace my Shure M97HEAH (adjustable headsheel for S shaped tone arms which I still have) I thought I should get a 78 RPM stylus for the v15 or the M97 and never did. 

I don't know much about 78 but aren't the RIAA type of EQ curves different for just about every record company?  At least for the earlier 78s?

Edited by blsamuel
  • Like 5

Steve - take camera to Heart and get at least one pic with them or at least a selfie on your phone. 

Hey Ben, nice to see you.  I’ll take one with the gals for memories sake. This will actually be the first time meeting them; but, i know Brian May, who i’ve met and talked to several times, said once (not about me) sometimes he’d rather someone approach him as a friend and just shake hands and say “hello” rather than want a photo or an autograph. makes sense to me. i will not ask for autographs or photos…i’ll let someone sign something if they offer; but, i will not ask.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 7

I think one with you in the middle and Ann & Nancy on either side of you kissing you on the cheeks would be one you may hold dear to your Heart forever.   :wub:  :blush2:

my heart yes…their husband’s hearts….that’s another story.

They knew the job was dangerous when they took it.

• Like 7

Jackson going back NOW to the ER to check his white blood count. He has an infection & low fever, but is already on antibiotics.

IF his White Cells are Too High, he'll have to stay for an antibiotic drip...

still praying for him.  hope you and your wife are staying strong--that is quite a load to carry.

• Like 9

On a high note, my wife called Lowes Corporate and they said they will warranty it. The local people don't have a clue, so the corporate customer support said to give anyone who questions it their 800 number and they will handle it. They have logged it in their system, so anyone can pull the support ticket. I guess you have figured out from this that my wife is my better half and the one who takes care of me and she like audio. I love this woman.

I did cut the wood for the the new turntable base. It is marblewood. It cuts like oak. I still need to add some corner supports that will house the spike feet and a cutout for an IEC power connector. Here is a quick picture during the mockup process using a little homemade jig.

base.jpg

• Like 10