Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang.....

Getting ready for 2nd cup.....

Ahhhhh yesssssss another nice cool day today... great working weather for sure.

Will be finishing up a Jeep Liberty for the used car guys today. I did rear pads rotors and parking brake shoes.....talk about a pain in the a$$...... here on the East coast there's lots of rust to deal with and this Jeep was no exception....

If I had to work on Jeeps all the time I would do something else.... I'm spoiled with the Honda gig....

Chuck....alittle late....but ya might have been able to fix the hose with a "barb" fitting and hose clamps. I use them to fix air hoses at the shop....

OK gotta roll out.... a good day to all..

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Great weather continues here
 well Chuck--i'm experiencing one of the drawbacks of not watching the news...walk out of the house this morning in a short sleeve shirt...it's generally warm around here...and it's pouring rain.  And of course this is the day that the tire pressure monitor on my car comes on and tells me that i have a low tire....needless to say, i'm at work, i'm soaked, and it's chilly in here. 
  • Like 6

• Moderators

I am loving the cooler weather. My wife and I took a little drive last night, with the top down, to go get some ice cream. This morning the top down continued when I took the grandson to school.

Don't blame you at all, anyway it's just a push of a button away, not like the old days. You were talking about the top on the car I presume ? :o  :D

• Like 5

• Moderators

Great weather continues here
 well Chuck--i'm experiencing one of the drawbacks of not watching the news...walk out of the house this morning in a short sleeve shirt...it's generally warm around here...and it's pouring rain.  And of course this is the day that the tire pressure monitor on my car comes on and tells me that i have a low tire....needless to say, i'm at work, i'm soaked, and it's chilly in here. 

I thought it never rained in California ? :mellow:  I know, it's a bad day if the sunglasses are not required, :(

• Like 6

time for full disclosure...i had to make a trip to the store and grabbed an umbrella from the office.  I feel like such a sissy.  But, please understand...this is not a Hollywood special effect....actual water is falling from the sky.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 8

time for full disclosure...i had to make a trip to the store and grabbed an umbrella from the office.  I feel like such a sissy.  But, please understand...this is not a Hollywood special effect....actual water is falling from the sky.

Yep BSM its raining cats and dogs here in Temecula. I sure hope there getting some of this up north on the fire areas.

How's about it MinerMark you getting wet up there?

• Like 8

• Moderators

Yep BSM its raining cats and dogs here in Temecula. I sure hope there getting some of this up north on the fire areas.

How's about it MinerMark you getting wet up ther?

Actual water is falling, :blink:  and Jerry Brown has not called a state of emergency, :o  he must be out of state or something ?

• Like 3

How's about it MinerMark you getting wet up there?

Mark's probably taking a nap.  I don't know if they got wet up there or not.  Hopefully, the Russian River didn't float him away. 

79 and just got done shooting some simi/flat black inside one of the MCMs that is sitting on a picnic table out back.

Couple sprinkles here this morning, wind is the biggie in norcal right now. 10 to 15 knts. gusts.

Wind does not bother me when painting, spraying w/Binks 18, Puuurfect. besides im only shooting the "Insides" of the Bins.

Upol bed liner, dont know when, i suppose i could do that today too.

• Like 8

Good evening my friends!   Well, I am here, going through a couple of pages and getting a BIG laugh with all the fun coffee banter :lol:!

Work wise, I have been knee deep in DIGITAL control systems with a pipe organ believe it or not.   Three days to get the computers upgraded...  BUT, very cool, as the engineers in Virginia simply send me updated operating systems and files for the organ via my laptop, then I shuffle them back onto an SD card and plug that back into the organ system and BANG, upgrades done.  

But, having to do all the programing and setting takes days of work..........but, after 3 days, it is finally done.   The organist can now record her performances and play them back via the new MIDI record and playback system...  ^_^

Ok, that is my work tales so far this week.

Tomorrow (Wed.) we begin work on the Tanglewood concert hall organ!, pulling major components out INCLUDING hundreds of pipes which will all go back to our shop for restoration etc.   We will be BUSY!

Enjoy your evening everyone...........stay in touch  :)

............Gary

PS.  Chuck, I hope you get your pressure washer up and running..........my Honda unit just got all new '0' seals in the hose couplings AND sprayer..   These 3100 psi units really push it to the edge! 

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 8

How's about it MinerMark you getting wet up ther?

Actual water is falling, :blink:  and Jerry Brown has not called a state of emergency, :o  he must be out of state or something ?

i think it’s the “or something."

• Like 7