Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Greenbush is a Michigan craft brewer.  I like to sample the local products.

At those prices I would expect to feel like the guy on the label but with a smile. 

This is why iv been purchasing the "Costco Case" this month it's Anchor Steam,Six pack of each of four different brews for $23

bucks.

I just do not get all ampped up thinking iv found a new taste, because every micro brew iv found tasty, goes to hell.

They quit making it, or big brewry buys it out and induces their chemicals making it Chit.

Just enjoy wile it's on the cheap :emotion-21:

• Like 4

• Moderators
,Six pack of each of four different brews for $23

That's a good price, I love small brews like that, i really don't like regular label beer enough to even drink it. But off brand small breweries is where it's at, so many different flavors you never have to be stuck with crap.

I just found out we have a small brewery about 30 minutes from here I need to try. I think the wife and I may go take the tour and taste everything.  :emotion-21:  http://lazymagnolia.com/#home

There is another about 30 minutes the other way and I had quite a few of there different beers, need to take that tour also.    https://abita.com/

You know what's crazy in the little town we live in our local grocery sells Red Stripe beer from Jamaica, really in this hole in the wall town, it's  crazy. :wacko:

• Like 3

In the 60s and 70s prodigious quantities of beer were consumed. Lately I agree with dtel, quality is more important. I don't want to waste calories or brain cells on a Bud, PBR, Miller Lite, etc.

My wife was embarrassed at a business related private party when I asked the strolling server if they had any beer that couldn't be mistaken fo a urine specimen. The best they had was Newcastle Brown Ale.

When you only drink a beer a week, it might as well be good.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 3

In the 60s and 70s prodigious quantities of beer were consumed. Lately I agree with dtel, quality is more important. I don't want to waste calories or brain cells on a Bud, PBR, Miller Lite, etc.

My wife was embarrassed at a business related private party when I asked the strolling server if they had any beer that couldn't be mistaken fo a urine specimen. The best they had was Newcastle a Brown Ale.

When you only drink a beer a week, it might as well be good.

You could always have some good Guinness Stout. Until early next year it comes with essence of dried fish bladder for no extra charge. Yum, yum Dried Fish Bladder!

see: http://www.popsci.com/how-is-guinness-going-vegan

• Like 3

It tastes good to me, but then I have a lot of Irish heritage.

Lots of winemakers use egg whites as a fining agent, but no one seems to complain.  Then again my daughter in law is a vegan and will eat egg whites but not the yolks.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 2

Mark, but they warn us when stormaggedon is about to wash us away.  :D

that accident was tragic. i heard about this; but, don’t watch the news...i just saw in that paragraph that Dtel posted that the family did an animal sacrifice...that’s pretty crazy stuff.

animal sacrifice? yeah, the soon to be "Norm" in living in the OC, you will see....... if the  OC dont kill ya first!
i heard that one of the eateries on main street huntington beach, had an animal sacrifice before it opened a several years ago.  place ain’t there no more, so clearly animal sacrifices don’t work.

i’ll make it out of here alive...just watch.

That is what my last Bud said 24 years ago, and he died just before i moved up north.

Everyone i grew up with is dead.

For many reasons, no two the same, but one thing in common, The OC lifestyle.

OK MinerMark and BigStew

Please explain to this Midwestern boy the OC lifestyle. Orange County right?

I've travelled there for business many times, never an issue. What is this lifestyle you refer?

One's personal demise living the OC lifestyle start's with many things, most sneak up on you wile doing well, none you are ready for, and they could be considered "Shape Shifters". Out for one thing, themselfs.

Like Mark accurately said..it starts with many things and if you’re not careful you’ll find yourself in up to your neck.  it’s like quicksand--the harder to work, the quicker you sink.  a lot of money...stupid money. Just saw a bright red Bentley yesterday--one day on my way home saw a lime green one. Pretty sure that’s not a stock color. So you pay a quarter million for a car and then make it as ugly as you can? 16 year olds getting brand new BMWs, Mercedes Benz, and Range Rovers--i would drop my kids off at school and the high school parking lot was full of them. ridiculously expensive homes...$500K gets you about 1100 square feet in a regular neighborhood. Lost mine in the divorce. My friend just had to pay his soon to be ex-wife, six-digit lump sum payment, half of the house when it sells, plus a bunch more cash for child support.  $150 for a round of golf is common. Close to my house is a restaurant FOR DOGS...don’t even ask about traffic...gridlock is not uncommon by 2:30 pm on many freeways. Gangs, self-important millionaires...lots of things to stress you out.  like i said, if you’re not careful, one day you realize that you’ve become a part of the game.  it’s scary when you realize that you have more stuff than you need, more than many and still want more.  So six months ago, i decided to start phase I of my plan to drop out of society.  Ditched the BMW and UPGRADED to a Ford Flex. Now I can toss a guitar in the back, hit the road, and sleep in it too.  Let it wear someone else down from now on--I may be here geographically; but, i’m not one of them...anymore.

• Like 7

Mark, but they warn us when stormaggedon is about to wash us away.  :D

that accident was tragic. i heard about this; but, don’t watch the news...i just saw in that paragraph that Dtel posted that the family did an animal sacrifice...that’s pretty crazy stuff.

animal sacrifice? yeah, the soon to be "Norm" in living in the OC, you will see....... if the  OC dont kill ya first!
i heard that one of the eateries on main street huntington beach, had an animal sacrifice before it opened a several years ago.  place ain’t there no more, so clearly animal sacrifices don’t work.

i’ll make it out of here alive...just watch.

That is what my last Bud said 24 years ago, and he died just before i moved up north.

Everyone i grew up with is dead.

For many reasons, no two the same, but one thing in common, The OC lifestyle.

OK MinerMark and BigStew

Please explain to this Midwestern boy the OC lifestyle. Orange County right?

I've travelled there for business many times, never an issue. What is this lifestyle you refer?

One's personal demise living the OC lifestyle start's with many things, most sneak up on you wile doing well, none you are ready for, and they could be considered "Shape Shifters". Out for one thing, themselfs.

Like Mark accurately said..it starts with many things and if you’re not careful you’ll find yourself in up to your neck.  it’s like quicksand--the harder to work, the quicker you sink.  a lot of money...stupid money. Just saw a bright red Bentley yesterday--one day on my way home saw a lime green one. Pretty sure that’s not a stock color. So you pay a quarter million for a car and then make it as ugly as you can? 16 year olds getting brand new BMWs, Mercedes Benz, and Range Rovers--i would drop my kids off at school and the high school parking lot was full of them. ridiculously expensive homes...$500K gets you about 1100 square feet in a regular neighborhood. Lost mine in the divorce. My friend just had to pay his soon to be ex-wife, six-digit lump sum payment, half of the house when it sells, plus a bunch more cash for child support.  $150 for a round of golf is common. Close to my house is a restaurant FOR DOGS...don’t even ask about traffic...gridlock is not uncommon by 2:30 pm on many freeways. Gangs, self-important millionaires...lots of things to stress you out.  like i said, if you’re not careful, one day you realize that you’ve become a part of the game.  it’s scary when you realize that you have more stuff than you need, more than many and still want more.  So six months ago, i decided to start phase I of my plan to drop out of society.  Ditched the BMW and UPGRADED to a Ford Flex. Now I can toss a guitar in the back, hit the road, and sleep in it too.  Let it wear someone else down from now on--I may be here geographically; but, i’m not one of them...anymore.

That is a little more "In depth", Stew would not have this stated wisdom, without paying his share of the "Dues".

I admire Stew, i could never speak like this untill i was better than a year out of the OC.

• Like 6

Thanks all, went in took a look around and thought "Not sure this is the place for me"  I am sure I will lurk a bit here and there but the tone here seems better

My view on the BS forum is it's the neighborhood bar, same BS, same subject matter, i came for audio as most did, and here i will stay.

I want Bar BS, i will go to my Pub.

P.S.

I do not mind other various hobbys, cars, bars, drinks, women, pets, and the like,  keeps the forum fresh.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 9