Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Having a San Miguel at the moment (being 7:43 PM here in the Philippines). Trying to stay cool. Left to go shopping at 5:00 am today, so we could buy everything and get back to the houe befoe the traffic got too bad.

• Like 5

Watching a local news special about "digital addiction" last night.  Folks are now being treated for their addiction to smart phones and computers.  Some folks report checking their email 200 times a day :o

Shoot I don't even check the Klipsch Forums that much :mellow:

So LF may be back this Sunday with a B&O turntable still unwrapped and B&O separates,  plus a box of albums.  She is calling me today to see which albums to bring as car space is limited.  These were some of the late husbands toys that he never got around to using :o

Toby the Bassett is on his way by now.  Best wishes.......

Hang in there worker bees.....tomorrow is Friday.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 6

You could always have some good Guinness Stout.

Myself I have never had a good Guinness in my life. :o Just don't like that kind of beer at all.

It's kinda like drinking a loaf of bread... i like it aot, ut it costs too much and I'm full after one of them.

Bruce

• Like 5

Good morning!

Well, the Imperial IPA was good, but I won't be buying it again soon at $3.65/bottle, even if it is ~10% alcohol.  

I try to purchase all my beer and 2% milk from the convenience store in my neighborhood.  I want them to stay in business to be there when something else is needed in an emergency.  They have tough competition from a 24 hour Meijer (Midwest counterpart to Wal-Mart with groceries).  I know the owners by name, in fact they're customers of mine also.  I'm sure alcohol and tobacco make up most of their sales.  I'm no help regarding tobacco and very little help with alcohol.

For such a small store, they have a remarkably large selection of boutique beers.  I'll have to ask Dave, the owner, how sales of the Imperial IPA are doing.  Don't forget, at $3.65/bottle, that's just a penny a day if you sip it very slowly.

PS:  I feel bad.  I forgot to vote on Tuesday.  Now I can't complain about the City Commission or the Library Board.

post-6832-0-55940000-1446731016_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 5

Good morning all. Well after playing 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 16 years, my rack of SAE audio in my office, finally failed. Specifically the preamp started just turning itself off and resetting everything to zero. Now to determine if I want to replace the SAE P102 pre or just put a smaller system in my office. Decisions decisions. For the moment, I'm just streaming Pandora.

Ya'll have a great day.

office110107.jpg

• Like 10

Morning gang

41 currently, bit nippy considering it was 80 last week, 61 max today and dry as hell.

They, The "Weather BS Artist" say a little rain by sunday.

Just like to see one year without Skeeters after every rain.

Could make a farm run, nut crop is in and processed, the wife will be in nut heven.

Turkey/Avacado/Club sounding pretty good, even for breakfast  :emotion-21:

post-57941-0-80380000-1446733681_thumb.j

• Like 8

Good morning all. Well after playing 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 16 years, my rack of SAE audio in my office, finally failed. Specifically the preamp started just turning itself off and resetting everything to zero. Now to determine if I want to replace the SAE P102 pre or just put a smaller system in my office. Decisions decisions. For the moment, I'm just streaming Pandora.

Ya'll have a great day.

office110107.jpg

Id fix it, just as new, then give it away (Drawing) at the xmas party.

Meanwile shop for a new "BadBoy", everybody wins.

• Like 8

Just went through a rack of LPs with the LF on the phone.  We limited the take to 3 egg crates.  She named the artist and I would tell her the titles to look for.  Think I amazed her at knowing so many but told her those titles were standard issue for any old hippies....

If all LPs were on hand I often took the more obscure.  Did ask her to bring all the Beatles and Stones as some may be collectable. The "White" album was unopened!!  Tull's "Aqualung" also unopened.

I asked about the condition of the covers and she said they all look like new. 

This is going to be fun :P

• Like 8

Good grief ...there's a lot to catch up on since yesterday ...

We got a taste of winter with a dusting of snow preceeded by rain. Shirt sleeves yesterday and coats today. Not even going over 50 degrees today.

Interesting discussion of 'OC'. Different world than mine and I'm good with that!

Wardsweb ... looks like a perfect excuse to shop for a new toy. I've never run equipment so hard that it just died so I had to find other reasons to replace it, like moving it to Better Half's art studio as a 'gift' in her system. Making such a gift, of course, forced me to buy a new Parasound separates for my system.

Cheers, guys.

• Like 7

Chuck....it would be fun to go to Luther's place just to admire the "toys" :)   That guy is incredible!

Thanks Steve.....I'll take pictures of the album haul when she gets back.  Oh and the B&O gear as well.

Good idea Carl.....I would hate to break up that rack of gear.  Can't make out the initials on the speakers.  JBL?

• Like 7

You could always have some good Guinness Stout.

Myself I have never had a good Guinness in my life. :o Just don't like that kind of beer at all. 

Not sure but I'd swear they don't sell us the "real" Guinness here in the states.   Might have to travel to a pub in Ireland to be sure!

I was enjoying some Guinness at a pub in London many years ago on New Years eve.  There was no loud music playing so people could actually carry on conversations.  Nobody was paying attention to the time so it was 10 minutes after midnight when somebody noticed it was the new year.  We all stopped to have our own countdown and auld lang syne.  

Side note:  This wasn't long after the horrible subway fire at King's cross that killed a bunch of people.  One of the patrons at the bar was a fireman and described his experience and the carnage.  He seemed to be pretty distressed by it still but it didn't keep him from hitting on the girl I was with.  I came close to straightening his tie for him.

• Like 6

Now to determine if I want to replace the SAE P102 pre or just put a smaller system in my office.

Just send it to Paul Hovenga, a forum member.  He'll have it as good (or better) than new.

Excellent advice!  You might not want to get rid of it once you get it back thoug.

• Like 5

Chuck....it would be fun to go to Luther's place just to admire the "toys" :)   That guy is incredible!

You have an open invitation. If you ever make it up this way, let me know and we can have great time playing with all the toys.

Speaking of toys, I just ordered the new Auralic Aries Mini to put in my main 2-channel rig.

• Like 6

Thanks Steve.....I'll take pictures of the album haul when she gets back.  Oh and the B&O gear as well.

Good idea Carl.....I would hate to break up that rack of gear.  Can't make out the initials on the speakers.  JBL?

Agreed. Also anxious to see pics of your B&O gear. I bought a B&O TT in the early 80's and had it for many years. Really nice unit. The only issue with them today may be cartridge availability, at least according to one of our local stereo shops. I can't vouch for that, but you might want to check it out.

• Like 5

As to the drinking of Guinness, there is a long standing theory, to which I subscribe, that the closer to Dublin, the better the taste. At the Gravity bar at Saint James Gate, it was excellent. Also while carousing in the Temple Bar district.

• Like 6

Good Morning yet again gang

Up from morning Nap.

Wife unit killed the pot wile i was napping, oh well, waffle time.

Farm run Friday morning, day of rest/movies sounds pretty dam nice.

We are up to 49 degrees, and we call that winter. most leaves are still on the trees that are Freaking out.

post-57941-0-05100000-1446745247_thumb.g

• Like 5