Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

It will Mike.  Someday!  

Thanks for the TV pic!  Yesterday, my Vizio 60" took two hours to get an un-mottled pic.  Started nosin and thunkin last night.  Hit it this morning and the same thing so it's on the way out.  I'm stuck w/a Sony it seems.  It's the only design that has flat support legs that will fit on my TV cabinet, which is 39" wide.  Everything else uses a tri-pod leg spaced wider than the cabinet.  Then started thinking I'd just bring the smaller one down outta the bedroom.  No sports on anyway, don't watch movies so why spend the money now?  

Daughter changed the furnace filter for me last week.  Cold in here yesterday so broke out the lil heater.  Freezing upstairs last nite so hit the electric blanket.  Woke up and really cold in here @ 50 so went down and yup, furnace door was off the safety switch.  Perfect!  Toasty now!  

By golly Tarheel I think you just might have that LF house broken since she came home back home.  Nice that ya cut her loose to play tennis again today!  Riddle me this.  Did she have that smile on when she came home or have that rode hard and put away wet look?  Asking for a friend.

A deposit in my account?  Nope, nope and nope!  It is what it is...

TMI?  Deal...  World news or my news?  May as well share your news too.  Everything else is just news!   😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

A deposit in my account?  Nope, nope and nope!  It is what it is...

😂

Don’t forget - not everyone will qualify for “the check”. Everyone on here with “Big Money” is over qualified - no moola 💰
You know who you are - 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

what else was there to do?  We did a bunch of crazy crap when we were teenagers.

No wonder I didn't anticipate living this long

right there with you ... I remember taking the 4WD out into the desert with the guns for a shooting session. it was hot, so we stopped and jumped off a bridge into the aqueduct to cool off. 

No problem.  A week later, I hear on the news that someone jumped in to swim at that same area and they found the body 20 miles away. Their are some gates or something that are open occasionally and when they are they suck the water in ... this poor soul jumped in on the wrong day and got sucked in. You can't tell when they're open or not. that scared me away from swimming in the aqueduct ever again.  I nearly drowned when I was nine years old -- grandma (who didn't know how to swim) jumped into the pool and got me out as I was underwater already (I couldn't swim either). My uncle jumped in and fished out my brother. 

neither of us could swim but were floating around on an inner tube. asked my younger cousin to give us a push away from the edge of the pool, and he does with his feet, except he pushed down and tipped over the inner tube. Good thing some of the grown ups were in the backyard at the time and noticed what happened. 

they say a cat has nine lives ... I can think of six times that could have easily resulted in my demise. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Okay after eating out of boredom for a few weeks the Atkins diet starts Monday.  Till then got to eat some of the doughnuts dirtmud showed, plus pizza, mac and cheese, and mash potatoes and gravy.....comfort food you see.

Starting Monday........meat, eggs, cheese, and a few veggies.  Not as bad as it sounds.  Steak, wings, fish, shrimp, salads, and turkey.  Two weeks and ten pounds lost!  And with this early tan I'll be a hot 71 year old! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Two weeks and ten pounds lost!  And with this early tan I'll be a hot 71 year old! 

Glad to see your feeling good, you must be since your extremely optimistic. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dtel said:

Glad to see your feeling good, you must be since your extremely optimistic. 

or maybe he hasn't got around to housekeeping yet and his mirrors are dirty?   Sorry Chuck, you know you're my brother, but the door was wide open for that one. 

and as for me ... mirrors have been banned in my house ever since they stopped telling me nice things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Till then got to eat some of the doughnuts dirtmud showed, plus pizza, mac and cheese, and mash potatoes and gravy.....comfort food you see.

I'm really getting pissed at the tv for showing all these pizza commercials ... it has created a huge craving. I've been taking this stay home thing pretty serious (because of age and some health issues for both me and my brother) so I haven't felt comfortable enough to venture out to a restaurant for some take-out.

I did order the fixins for homemade pizza, but that is where my skill ends.  Great at paying for things, not so great at making them. 

• Like 4