Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Woot, 60-70's this week!  Rain coming in next weekend.  FINALLY catchin a break.  The following week could turn to garbage in a heartbeat.  We'll see but I'm gonna make the best of this week. 

My lil garage system might just get a work out since it sits out there covered up most of the year.  Picked up a new YamaHA receiver a couple years ago, tied in a pair of KG-4.5's and some cheapo cd player.  Fills that outdoor vib I need when I'm puttin around.  :) 

Have to tear this Agri-Fab spreader apart and fix someone's cost cutting idea, which turned into an epic fail.  Just put 4 small bolts w/a washers and nuts instead of trying to melt the plastic tub together.  $150 worth of junk trying to spread a grocery bag full of Scott's "new and improved" fertilizer that cost me $40.  Change is good said no intelligent man w/half a brain ever.  Prolly take me a week to do and then break after I fix it.  The new "normal."  😂

The "machine" is workin though.  ALL disposable now.  Just buy a new one cause I already know it'll break when I'm done.  Gotta feed the machine.  😂

Then again, I could just take the day off and chill.  Might have to water the new yard sign that popped up in my front yard.  Local library tax renewal sighn.  Politics and yard signs?  I swear the last time I voted was for a real estate agent.  Carry on!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, richieb said:

“Neil is dearly missed”. What does this mean, please explain. 
I thought Diz had a successful procedure some time back - 

Iirc he just didn’t care for the way the forum was being moderated and decided to call it quits over here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning!

since my weedeaters died on me, I decided to do autopsies. I learned some time back... to dissect things carefully as to not do more damage... just in case "it" can be fixed...

One has a frozen bearing. The housing is plastic... so, it wallowed out 

the other machine fell victim to one of the first two things you check when working on electrical things... Is it plugged in? Is it turned on?

... a loose spade connector to the motor.  Arched badly while it was falling off. Cleaned it up and crimped it on.

now, I have work to do...that will teach me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Good morning!

since my weedeaters died on me,  

forget weedeaters , a trimmer on wheels is a dream    ..22 inches cut in 1 pass , get the one  with the Briggs motor 

TAZZ 40095 Walk-Behind String Mower/Trimmer, 160cc 4-Cycle Gas Engine, Large 14" Wheels, One-Piece Steel Deck, 22” Cutting...

• Like 1

@grasshopper         Gotta keep that golf swing in shape w/that whacker.   Set your bar high.  First swing just yell FORE then start counting your swings.  Figure out what par is then you can make some imaginary holes to play right there in your yard.  Putt-Putt with a twist.  "Goin golfin honey!  Really?  Yup, see ya in a bit.  It won't take them long to leave you alone.  Don't forget your Stetson.  Sun's brutal "they" say.   🌵    😂

• Haha 1