Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

MY turn in the barrel today I guess.  Soooo, @JohnJ it's on me?  I'm not the one who dropped the lil screw into the dryer.  That's on you.

ALSO I was nice and toasty under my electric blankie today and didn't roll out til 1:30PM.  So it's MY fault you went to bed with the chickens?  THEN woke up in the middle of the night so you could walk around mumbling in your whitey tighties?  Quit it!  

Accurate GIF - Accurate GIFs😂

• Haha 1

We´re expecting a cold and snow front as well, north of europe is up to -36 F right now , shall happen w/in the next few days here as well but not that cold, it´s better buying food supplies for a couple of days. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

50 and cloudy here.  Making chili using a chuck roast.  10 hours in the crock pot so should be ready for dinner.

I made chili yesterdayas well, I couldn't believe how spicy it was with 1 chocolate Habanero. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

50 and cloudy here.  Making chili using a chuck roast.  10 hours in the crock pot so should be ready for dinner.

Of course you would use a 'chuck' roast.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Of course you would use a 'chuck' roast.

... and if I was serving it, I suppose it would be a pot roast

weather today

winter... about 50`, windy, and threatening rain. Hard freeze tomorrow AM.

We might see some snow. I doubt it will stick. That is close enough for me.

UGH!

y'all are gonna love this system when it gets east of here

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lil ol restaurant at the second to last turn of one way coming home was crowded tonight. Had the Italian colors on the sign! Love Italian food so I stopped. Napoli Cowboy, a cross of Ital & TX food. Special was seared Sea Bass with Crab sauce for 40, there are some ordinary prices on more ordinary fare there.Got a dessert and coffee to go because I'd eaten already. This bread pudding weighed about a pound and a half!

Ate about 60%, I'll have the rest with fresh coffee tomorrow.

PXL-20240107-225452678.jpg

• Like 5

Alright, I'm in business! Cannot say that I have ever been excited about doing laundry, but I am right now because I found a real hardware store 12 mi away. It's actually three miles the other side of the closest Food Lion I found. It has that excellent hot not mild salsa. (It's still only moderate heat though). Also has my Carolina Treat cooking BBQ sauce that is outstanding on grilled chicken and pork.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

For everyone North and East of us get ready, were sending some pretty strong winds and alot of rain. 

that's the storm that came thru here yesterday. It did make it to 50` today.Talk of 20` for a low tomorrow AM.

• Like 4

We’ve got a two hour delay for the kid’s school in the morning, possible cancelation if things get bad enough.

I’m supposed to drive down the mountain to Statesville for a dept meeting on Wednesday, I guess I’ll see how things are by then.

For said meeting, my boss messaged us today asking about suggestions for lunch.

The Dominican girl that works for us and I both quickly piped up and suggested the local Mexican place.

We quickly got another couple votes for the Mexican place the dept chat.

At that point the boss dropped the link to order on DoorDash and told us to let him know what we wanted to order.

Why choose Mexican food if you can’t sit around stuffing your face with chips and salsa while you wait for your food to be delivered hot and sizzling fresh to your table?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

We’ve got a two hour delay for the kid’s school in the morning, possible cancelation if things get bad enough.

I’m supposed to drive down the mountain to Statesville for a dept meeting on Wednesday, I guess I’ll see how things are by then.

For said meeting, my boss messaged us today asking about suggestions for lunch.

The Dominican girl that works for us and I both quickly piped up and suggested the local Mexican place.

We quickly got another couple votes for the Mexican place the dept chat.

At that point the boss dropped the link to order on DoorDash and told us to let him know what we wanted to order.

Why choose Mexican food if you can’t sit around stuffing your face with chips and salsa while you wait for your food to be delivered hot and sizzling fresh to your table?

Someone needs to have a talk with your boss. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Storm started rolling through this morning, still not done, may not be done until tomorrow. Fortunately, the temps have been around 33/34, so not much accumulation.  They at one point were predicting 10"s, guess we'll see what tomorrow brings. 

• Like 4