Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 minutes ago, Weber said:

Then everything will be tidy 

That was my thought as well.  Seems like it was a gift from the Mrs. judging by Mikes reaction.  Maybe he could put a drop or two of Roundup in there occasionally and tell her it died of natural causes.

• Like 1

More finds while cleaning out my cavern. I bought this Canon A-1 to replace my AE-1when deployed to Japan in the 80's and thought I would get into developing; never happened, never used it. I remember that I put a roll of film in it, test for a couple of shots, removed the film (never developed) and put the camera, lenses and flash in the bag until today.

Canon A-1.jpg

Flash.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, USNRET said:

More finds while cleaning out my cavern. I bought this Canon A-1 to replace my AE-1when deployed to Japan in the 80's and thought I would get into developing; never happened, never used it. I remember that I put a roll of film in it, test for a couple of shots, removed the film (never developed) and put the camera, lenses and flash in the bag until today.

Canon A-1.jpg

Beautiful.

• Like 1

Afternoon all...

Was a good week at the shop and looks like next week will be busy;)

So over the years of working on cars I've seen all different company's parts on different vehicles.... Like Denso / Bosch makes electrical parts starters/alternators..... Akebono / Advics / Nissin makes brake components..... and that's just to name a few of OEM manufactures...

Anyway I had this Toyota 4runner Sport in the shop yesterday. It had a very unique suspension system on it. The hydraulic shocks/dampers on it were all connected through tubes. There were two main components on each of the frame rails called center control absorber assembly's... never seen anything like this before.... anyway they were stamped "Yamaha" on them. I've never seen any Yamaha components on ant vehicles.. 

Kinda cool..

Looks like a slow weekend happening... not much going on.... a good weekend to all

MKP :-)

IMG_20161111_164932.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/8/2016 at 5:44 PM, CECAA850 said:

No one has explained how they're making coffee in that video yet.  Come on collective, I gotta know!

Carl I've been checking out some other videos and doing some research Turkish sand coffee. There was one video with the sand in a large bowl looking think and it was on top of a burner. very much like the 1st video. It's said the sand has more of a constant heat... there were some video's just using a burner, but the same kind of little pot.

The fine ground coffee is put into the little pots with or with sugar and some spice. It looks like you get 2-3 pours out of each little pot. It's said that the coffee is heated to just below boil as not to scorch/burn it.... but to me when it's bubbling it's boiling??? 

Sorry was unable to link the videos...

I don't think I'll be making any sand coffee anytime soon.....

MKP :-)

• Like 2