Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

The contractor needed a deposit of $3000 for the windows and $1400 for the doors. 

Chuck, What the heck was the total gonna be? I feel your pain. Having built my own house I have run into them all, but I escaped almost all the bad ones. Out here in CA contractors are not allowed more than 10% down or $1000 whichever is smaller. Any of them that expect more up front are checked off my list from the get go. But good fortune whatever course you pursue to get this resolved. For me lawyers and court just ain't worth it.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Rich I really love the car and it is a true roadster.  It does go like stink from 4000-8000 rpm its just that there are not enough places to wind it out.  It's a common quest for a lot of S2000 owners.....low end torque. If I can wrangle 15 more hp then why not?  Never had a muscle car....guess the closest was a 68' Mustang 289.

Just sent a note to an attorney friend from high school who use to be a state senator asking him a couple of questions about LF's recourse. 

The bubble, serviced.  Oil, air, cabin filter, top off fluids, replace cv boot?  Had a hole and throwing grease.

IMG_1907.JPG

The S2000 was built for open winding roads and is a blast to drive even stock. The trick to enjoying it is to keep the revs near Vtec range which begins at 6,000 rpm. I own or have owned a number of cars with 3 times the horsepower and 4 times the torque. I live on the eastern slopes of the Canadian Rockies so twisty roads begin with 10 miles from home.

On my last track day here I chose to bring the S2000. While it wasn't the faster car on the track it was the car most like a go-kart on tracks that day.

• Like 6

Whoaa...Tarheel...fast enough...lol

Got to catchup...Had a good time at brother's, saw a few deer and laughed at our conversations about local people and the past.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! And if not by a computer, a Happy New Year!!! 2017...:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, babadono said:
1 hour ago, babadono said:

Chuck, What the heck was the total gonna be? I feel your pain. Having built my own house I have run into them all, but I escaped almost all the bad ones. Out here in CA contractors are not allowed more than 10% down or $1000 whichever is smaller. Any of them that expect more up front are checked off my list from the get go. But good fortune whatever course you pursue to get this resolved. For me lawyers and court just ain't worth it.

3" plantation shutters.  A little over $15,000.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

The bubble spent the night at the shop.  Work overload was the reason.  Lunch time today maybe. 

Any of you guys no anything about performance chips for cars?  Is it cheap horse power?

An issue with LF's house has me losing sleep.  I wake up and start thinking about it and get angry.  In August her windows and doors were measured for plantation shutters.  The contractor needed a deposit of $3000 for the windows and $1400 for the doors.  The checks were cashed.  First story was the container was lost in transport.  The he said he reordered.  Then he would send a refund 3 weeks ago. Then the bank would send a check.  He does not answer calls and his shop is occupied by someone else now.  We have the history of texts and the cancelled checks but are not sure where he lives to have him served with small claims papers.  I did a google search and found someone who I believe to be him but not 100% positive.  LF feels he will come around.  I don't. 

I'm pissed.

Thanks for listening!

I see you have a Honda, my mistake.

Can't help much there, i raced only American vehicles.

Look for Honda performance goods, there must be some stuff out there.

If nothing else you could throw on a small nitrous kit, nothing too substantial or you burn holes right through the pistons.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Think I'll leave it stock for now.  I keep hearing that the Honda boys did a pretty fair job getting 240hp from 2.2 liters.

IMG_1904.JPG

That engine and the 2 liter it replaced held the record for highest HP output/liter for a naturally aspirated production vehicle for several years after it was introduced. It is still a screamer in Vtec mode today.

• Like 4