Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Afternoon gang

System sound check went well :emotion-21:

Likely the Neighbors, not so much :laugh:

Installing a splitter in the (Pre Out) on the current McM system, i installed another Pre, and Amp, two complete systems running one Pc input.

Both fired up, Spl meter in middle of room reading 97 with less than 1/4 volume :emotion-21:

Best guess, i would say iv more than doubled what im used to.

Iv had this spare QSC 1700 sitting around for years, amazing, it works.

Sound Quality is impressive, as iv had to re-adjust every knob in the system(s).

Mcms face toward the back of the cave, EAWs face the front.

31181309023_f392cbd6a2.jpg

29348920165_966ac05a52.jpg

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, minermark said:

Good Afternoon gang

Installing a splitter in the (Pre Out) on the current McM system, i installed another Pre, and Amp, two complete systems running one Pc input.

Both fired up, Spl meter in middle of room reading 97 with less than 1/4 volume :emotion-21:

Best guess, i would say iv more than doubled what im used to.

Iv had this spare QSC 1700 sitting around for years, amazing, it works.

Sound Quality is impressive, as iv had to re-adjust every knob in the system(s).

Mcms face toward the back of the cave, EAWs face the front.

31181309023_f392cbd6a2.jpg

29348920165_966ac05a52.jpg

I would love to hear what you are Hearing...

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

I would love to hear what you are Hearing...

Sound check at no more than 95 Spl today.

Ran maybe 20 Min.

Kind of feeling bad for the old guy next door, 89 and laid up not doing so good.

Richards Kids/Nurse have been there daily for the last week.

Asking a fellow in the driveway a few days ago, he said "Not so Good this time" this may be his last day(s).

So here i am, system at the ready, New Years Eve in less than 24 Hrs, Normal CRANKING TIME FOR MINERMARK!!

But the last thing i want to do is disturb a great guy on his last day(s) :emotion-41:

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, minermark said:

So here i am, system at the ready, New Years Eve in less than 24 Hrs, Normal CRANKING TIME FOR MINERMARK!!

But the last thing i want to do is disturb a great guy on his last day(s) :emotion-41:

Maybe put on some LOUD Music from your neighbors Era....A Hundred Bucks Say He'll Appreciate It"

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Steve_S said:

Maybe put on some LOUD Music from your neighbors Era....A Hundred Bucks Say He'll Appreciate It"

For him i always cranked Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa maybe some andrews sisters if iv been drinking.

When asking him if my tunes bothered him over the years, he just smiles and say's his kid's could use some of my music.

But no, i dont think i'll be doing it, or anything.

The other thought is his kid's, if he goes, iv got to deal with them, the last thing i need to hear from them would be anything negitive about me.

I'll just suck this one up :mellow:

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

Number two daughter has driven my S2000 on occasion since I bought it.

Hey Wolfbane you ever try the GM Syncromesh trans fluid in your S2000? Last year a guy brought in his Acura TL typeS with the six speed manual trans in the shop. He tells me it grinds going into 3rd & 4th. He wanted his transmission fluid changed and told me he wants the GM fluid in it. I was unsure at first if I wanted to do it. But he told me all the guys on the TL forum recommend it. I also called my parts bud at my Honda dealer and asked him if he ever heard of using this fluid. He told me yea and he uses it in his S2000. He said it made his S2000 shift better. 

After I changed the fluid in the TL I took it out for a test drive.... I couldn't believe it, it almost had no grinding going into 3rd & 4th and it shifted smoother.. There's a tech bulletin on these transmission for the grinding.... but the fluid swap fixed it about 90%. 

I remember way back in the day we would get Honda's in the dealership were someone changed the trans fluid in there manual trans and put gear oil (80/90) in it. Back then Honda was using just 5w30 or 10w30 in the transmissions. The gear oil would work for awhile but it would take out 5th gear and bearing. It was classic... the customers would say..... "the car has no 5th gear and it has this loud whine, I just changed the trans fluid a few months ago" :blink2:

MKP :-)

• Like 9

2 hours ago, minermark said:

Well, I got the call asking a yes or no question. I said no, but after a few more second I change that to a yes. It was someone in a relay of calls asking if I could hear your sound check. I think it started with schu, and went to MKP and beyond. We all heard you: Alaska to Florida. 

:rock:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

We were talking LED lighting the other day. I ordered and installed a bed lighting kit off Ebay. Really happy with the way it turned out!

photo bed lights_zpsgw4nqvpy.jpg

It's great you found the "Kit".

I had no idea they made those kits for beds.

90% of my LED work is taking something that is close, and re-engineering it for to preform the function requested.

From either my farmer buds or myself. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, minermark said:

For him i always cranked Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa maybe some andrews sisters if iv been drinking.

When asking him if my tunes bothered him over the years, he just smiles and say's his kid's could use some of my music.

But no, i dont think i'll be doing it, or anything.

The other thought is his kid's, if he goes, iv got to deal with them, the last thing i need to hear from them would be anything negitive about me.

I'll just suck this one up :mellow:

You're a good guy Mark.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Hey Wolfbane you ever try the GM Syncromesh trans fluid in your S2000? Last year a guy brought in his Acura TL typeS with the six speed manual trans in the shop. He tells me it grinds going into 3rd & 4th. He wanted his transmission fluid changed and told me he wants the GM fluid in it. I was unsure at first if I wanted to do it. But he told me all the guys on the TL forum recommend it. I also called my parts bud at my Honda dealer and asked him if he ever heard of using this fluid. He told me yea and he uses it in his S2000. He said it made his S2000 shift better. 

After I changed the fluid in the TL I took it out for a test drive.... I couldn't believe it, it almost had no grinding going into 3rd & 4th and it shifted smoother.. There's a tech bulletin on these transmission for the grinding.... but the fluid swap fixed it about 90%. 

I remember way back in the day we would get Honda's in the dealership were someone changed the trans fluid in there manual trans and put gear oil (80/90) in it. Back then Honda was using just 5w30 or 10w30 in the transmissions. The gear oil would work for awhile but it would take out 5th gear and bearing. It was classic... the customers would say..... "the car has no 5th gear and it has this loud whine, I just changed the trans fluid a few months ago" :blink2:

MKP :-)

As a matter of fact that's just what I installed last Spring instead of the Honda MTF which flows like water. The transmission in my S has no shifting issues when some are know to pop out of 2nd gear on downshifts when the transmission is cold. That may reflect this cars mileage as I only have put 13K miles on it since I bought it new.

Pennzoil developed Syncromesh and have the Patent so they supply GM's manual transmission fluid.

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Possibly guilty as charged.  I ran it up the flagpole and am waiting to see if anyone salutes.

Did 5 of them yesterday I think it was, it was in the Pilgrimage 2017 thread, selling garage doors. 5 different threads from 5 different people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Been a little sick and busy, but the burgers and shrimp look very good, if I could taste anything but it would be a waste on me..:(

Feel better Dude.  I feel like crap myself; but, it’s a mega case of indigestion...because i don’t chew my food and don’t take my medicine. And No, I’ll probably never learn.  Hope you feel better tomorrow.

• Like 8