Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Help.......Well my computer started vocalizing each move I make.  Don't know what I hit by accident.  If I hit down arrow it says "down arrow".  Driving me crazy.  Ideas?

Crapping in your own thread or you have gotten so old/blind you can't create another one?

To turn Narrator off, press the Windows, Control, and Enter keys simultaneously (Win+CTRL+Enter). Narrator will turn off automatically.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk00QglXrZwUKrDTYfvjRot05cqXqHg%3A1605447566981&ei=ji-xX9qpO6jI5gK1vaboCA&q=windows+narrator+turn+off&oq=windows+nar&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAxgBMggIABDJAxCRAjICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADoECAAQRzoFCAAQkQI6BQgAELEDOgIILjoICC4QxwEQowJQnjZYzTpg5FZoAHACeACAAWeIAagCkgEDMi4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBCMABAQ&sclient=psy-ab

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rplace said:

There are no off topics in CCC&C as has been mentioned numerous times over the years.  Thanks for the help though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

It appears you have engaged to "assistant".... google may help. I'm not the person to ask for computer help.

here's a yt vid that might help

Thanks grasshopper.  I did a system restore to 11/10/20 and it appears to have fixed things.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Wife likes the burlap bags... She likes them, but I don't see her using them for anything.... but she saves the anyway

My mother was the same even with the little Jamaican Blue Mountain bags. She didn't see the depression being born in the middle of it, but some kind of fond memory caused it.

Did your wife grow up on a farm also?

• Like 4

Just sooooo much ❤️...    I'm kinda thinking @grasshopper asked his wife about your problemo @Tarheel.  He's just like the rest of us kids playing with a loaded gun on these things.  😂

Ohio weather watch:  Turnpike is closed to all semi's and anything pulling trailers due to 50 mph winds with gusts.  Just poured for 30 minutes and now those winds are hammering my piles of leaves here in the Sherwood Forest.  Gonna be an interesting watch for today.  Time to fire up the coffee me thinks!   Then what?  Yup, gonna kick out the jams!   😂

• Like 4

21 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Did your wife grow up on a farm also?

Not on a farm... but in a rural community, raised by a depression era aunt.

--------------------

Put a coat of finish on those kitchen chairs I've been stripping.. Should hit them again, don't think I'm gonna, though. Tired of them already.. All hand sanding... No flat surfaces to use machines on.  If one wasn't half stripped when they were given, I wouldn't have done it at all. They do look better, but wasn't a high priority project.

Folks think I don't have enough to do...In reality, I am trying to clear my calendar to do things I want to do.

--------------------------------

Record temps all this week.  Don't want to hear people whining about it being too warm... I will tell them to go back to MT or ... 85` - 90` is not uncomfortable. Normal is in the low 70's

• Like 3