Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

We are sitting at 11 degrees. The only thing that would make the wedding seem interesting. Would be for me to booze it up. However i don't think this is that type of wedding. Plus i dont know much of anyone. Maybe a flask with Makers Mark is in order.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My wife got me a bottle of Makers 46 last month. I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it yet.

• Like 7

We are sitting at 11 degrees. The only thing that would make the wedding seem interesting. Would be for me to booze it up. However i don't think this is that type of wedding. Plus i dont know much of anyone. Maybe a flask with Makers Mark is in order.

My wife got me a bottle of Makers 46 last month. I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it yet.
Mother in law gave me a gift set with regular and 46 i haven't even opened the regular as the 46 is all i have been drinking [emoji12]

• Like 7

Made it back....long day.  This morning was a nightmare.  Huge bands of heavy snow and crazy azz semi truck drivers conspired to make visibility minimal.  Normal 2 hour drive took 3.5....But...did get the fromage and caffeine....so overall a successful trip.

• Like 7

Of course it wasn't just the cheese and coffee. I drive up to GR fairly regularly just to see my two friends that I've known for 45 years… Don't know many people that have had friends for that long and, it's an amazing thing. As well as, of course, there are numerous, numerous brewpubs in Grand Rapids that are just absolutely superb. I took three growlers from my son-in-law and have them filled at hop cat brewery in downtown GR. A rather amazing tap list.

• Like 4

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's a beautiful sunny day with a predicted high of 20F in Southeast MI. The wife is preparing waffles for breakfast. I've ordered and paid for (including tip) heart shaped Jet's pizzas to be delivered at 5pm. By that time, we hope to be enjoying a Spartan victory over the Hoosiers. Before she begins to think about dinner, she'll answer the doorbell and dinner will be served.

• Like 10

Just burnt my tongue and upper lip on hot coffee. 

mixed with Dr Pepper

I have tried other things with dr. pepper and it was good.  I will have to try that one.

Before we went the reception, we were told that there wouldn't be any booze :angry2: .  So we came home right after the wedding and had a couple of cocktails before we headed to the reception.  Then we found out that it was just a cash bar. 

• Like 9

Valentines day is very special to us. On this day in 1995 my only brother died at the age of 38. He was a sweetheart and prankster!

Also on this day in 2010, my only grandson was born. Took most of the sting out of the day. Already we see so much of my brother in him!

Life is incredible...

As for the "lovers" part of it...

Well the boss could warm you up but then nothing would get done  :(

You have noooo idea! We started as a one night stand that never ended...

Happy valentines day to every beating klipsch heart!

• Like 8

Morning/Afternoon gang...

Me and the BOSS getting ready to head to mom's for the day....Gonna give mom some candy.... and it's my grandsons birthday today. We got a few gifts for him and i'm sure me and him will be playing today.....We'll probably end up playing in a BIG box....lol lol

I finally got my Sony CD player to the audio shop yesterday and I also took my 300 disc Pioneer Elite CD changer in for repair....I used this guy for a old Sansui that needed repair... that was years and years ago. He is in a new shop that is much bigger and has a show room full of vintage gear when you walk in. When we walked in The BOSS looked around and said "oh we should have brought more money"  The guy was looking at me..... and I was like yea she's a good wife :emotion-21: lol lol... She walked over and was looking at this nice old Mcintosh 75... she said I like this one.... I said "were here to get things fixed and not buying stuff" ..... I can't believe I said that... I'm on a mission to get things fixed and upgraded... also spoke to him about my Carver TFM-55 he said he has no problem working on Carver's... 

Well that's about it....not much else going on......

Yup.... I see the BOSS just posted.... and yea she's right.... were a one night stand that never ended ;) ...... I :emotion-25:  you BOSS.....

Wishing all a great day....

MKP :-)

• Like 10

• Moderators
Valentines day is very special to us. On this day in 1995 my only brother died at the age of 38. He was a sweetheart and prankster! Also on this day in 2010, my only grandson was born. Took most of the sting out of the day. Already we see so much of my brother in him! Life is incredible...

Same thing happened with my dad and grandson, same day a few years apart, and the first boy by anyone in the family since me.  

• Like 5

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's a beautiful sunny day with a predicted high of 20F in Southeast MI. The wife is preparing waffles for breakfast. I've ordered and paid for (including tip) heart shaped Jet's pizzas to be delivered at 5pm. By that time, we hope to be enjoying a Spartan victory over the Hoosiers. Before she begins to think about dinner, she'll answer the doorbell and dinner will be served.

Well IU played a great game the other night, so you should be okay today!

• Like 6

AWOL since Friday, but back now. Will have to catch up on some likes.

Happy VT's day for all to whom it may apply.  Took Better Half Unit to an annual dance with some other friends Friday night. As we were dancing to a nice slow song, I suddenly remembered a poem I composed for her maybe 3 years ago. And, yes, I chose that moment to recite it. Here goes.....

"You don't have to bi*ch and whine,

Cause I'll be your valentine."

I know. Incurable romantic. Luckily, she has a sense of humor and cracked up. Cheers, gang.

• Like 9

I hope everybody had a great Valentine's Day! My son went to a friends to spend the night last night. THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT! I mean seriously, it was perfect timing. I told the other kids dad "let's make this an annual thing." LOL

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 8

AWOL since Friday, but back now. Will have to catch up on some likes.

Happy VT's day for all to whom it may apply.  Took Better Half Unit to an annual dance with some other friends Friday night. As we were dancing to a nice slow song, I suddenly remembered a poem I composed for her maybe 3 years ago. And, yes, I chose that moment to recite it. Here goes.....

"You don't have to bi*ch and whine,

Cause I'll be your valentine."

I know. Incurable romantic. Luckily, she has a sense of humor and cracked up. Cheers, gang.

That's good Chuck.

• Like 4