Anyone Else Like/Wear Cowboy Boots?

LonestarBlues2

• Moderators
On 3/27/2018 at 9:13 AM, WillyBob said:

Cowboy boots kinda clash with my sarong. 

I'm not above making a "fashion statement"

That would be funny, we need a pic, as long as the wind is NOT blowing.

• Haha 1

Hey Krock, I think you will like those Tecovas-The Wyatt Handmade Full Quill Ostrich Boots. Full Quill Ostrich boots are very comfortable boots. I recently bought a pair of Tecovas-The Johnny Honey Suede/Roughout Boots. Tecovas Boots are very well made & comfortable 3/4 welt boot using Goodyear welt method of construction with lemonwood pegs. Using lemonwood pegs is old school boot construction ie Lucchese Classics, Rios of Mercedes, Anderson Bean & is much better/superior than using brass nails that is predominantly used in boot construction today. Lemonwood pegs will expand & contract with the sole unlike brass nails. Using brass nails is a cheaper method of construction in boot making. I am a self admitted Boot Junkie, I am up to 54 pair of Boots now. This was a blast from the past seeing this 4 year old thread come up again. I peruse & read the Klipsch Forum all the time but very rarely post. Going out to see some Live Music in Corpus Christi, Texas tonight at House of Rock. One of my Favorite Texas Bands is playing-San Antonio Band Two Tons Of Steel is playing, they have been playing Rockabilly, Country, Americana type Music for 24 Years, they are very good in my humble opinion. Local Rockabilly Band Matt Hole & The Hot Rod Gang is opening, Matt Hole has been playing in Corpus Christi for 20+ years. Matt Hole is a Member of the South Texas Walk of Fame which is located at The Executive Surf Club. The South Texas Walk of Fame honors South Texas Musicians, each member has a square tile with a Star & their name. The Walk of Fame tiles are located in the court yard of the Executive Surf Club which has been a Live Music Venue since the late 1980's. I am also a Live Music Junkie, I go out to see Live Music all the time.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I'm thinking about buying a pair of cowboy boots, just because they're there. I'm not a cowboy but I did see Chuck Connors wearing cowboy boots on The Rifleman a few years back. I wore work boots daily for 36 years and logged probably thousands of miles on them. And yes, I never did enjoy wearing them or find them terribly comfortable. I don't care about spending a ton on cowboy boots because I'm not sure I'll like them. But they should look better with jeans this Fall than a pair of Sketchers. Any opinions/recommendations for cowboy boots in the $300-$400 price range? If I like them I may buy a more expensive pair. And maybe a new car too. Probably a Mustang. YEE-HAW !!!

Keith

I used to wear them, but now, I dress for comfort except when there's a special event with a dress code that requires wearing uncomfortable, hot clothing.

Keith, you can get a good pair of boots for well under $300.  Rubber soles last much longer than leather soles.  I wore Ariats, and for boots, they were just fine.  Still, nothing beats tennis shoes.  😉

My go-to shoes are one of several styles of Crocs, from flip-flops to slip-ons. The slip-ons are not quite as casual as the flip-flops but are comfortable as heck. I recommend them highly for the proper occasion, or non-occasion.

Crocs 2.jpg

The most comfortable work boots that I ever bought/wore were Timberlands, shown below. They beat every other brand I tried including Red Wings. If you walk miles on granite ballast every day they are hard to beat.

Timberland boots.jpg

When Levi's prices went up probably 20 years ago I stopped buying them. I bought Columbia cargo pants for work. They were lighter and more comfortable too. If you bend and stoop a lot while working then jeans are like a cheap motel. No ballroom. I recently bought Levi's and they are too long. So I figured I'd buy some cowboy boots to take up some slack. I figure the cowboy boots should be dual purpose. If I don't wear them on the street then I can use them to spice up the bedroom. With a length of rope and the cowboy boots on while singing Gene Autry's old song the wife will be in for a big surprise. Or maybe a small surprise...

I`m back in the saddle again

Whoopi-ty-aye-oh
Rockin` to and fro
back in the saddle again

Keith

• Like 1

I couldn't resist a contribution and some insight into comfortable and relatively affordable, durable. slip resistant and semi-water proof shoe's - 3 current pairs of boot's on hand - all equipped with Dr Scholl's gel insole's, from the left are my steel toe work boot's, middle pair are non-steel toe drinkin' boots, and the nicer of the three on the right suffice as dress up when required.  As for Cowboy boots, I wore Acme back in the 70's & 80's and switched to Sear's Die Hard's after an unpleased slip on a slick warehouse floor....

FullSizeR.jpg

17 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Hope those gals are at the Michigan/SMU game at the Big House on Sept. 15.....

-- "excuse us Sir, would you like one of us to find a couple attendants to assist you up the stairs to your seat"? (He's so cute, reminds me of my Grandfather"). "Hope he doesn't get lost on the way home".