Please Join Us in a Going Away Gift For Amy

thebes

You may have noticed several cryptic posts of mine last week. This was a disguised gift raiser for our own departing Amy.

However, since I started this effort too late, we were unable to put said gift(s) in her hand before her last day.

So since she's theoretically "gone" and won't see this notice, I'm going public to solicit a small contribution to send her something to remember us by.

So please contact me by PM for gift and payment details.

Thanks Marty aka Thebes

I was thinking more like a new car or something. Babysitting us for almost half her adult life must have been hell

I would like to see a huge turn-out/participation for this.

Edited by DeanG

Last I heard from Marty was he had over 40 of us already "IN", that was last week, how we doing Marty ?

Still about roughly that. Everything juddered to a halt participation-wise when the holiday hit.

I run this this week so as folks come back and check in, they can see what's up, and then pull the plug and get back to reasoned discussions about cables.

• Like 1

So since she's theoretically "gone" and won't see this notice,

... uhh... she still has a forum account. In fact, she's a moderator now.

/awkward

Chad, can you block this thread from her? Maybe it's too late, or beyond what you/anyone can do?

/awkward

He did say at one point he wouldn't be surprised someone would ruin it. Guess he didn't think it would be him.

• Like 1

/awkward

the real awkward comes when we find out that she actually contributed to her own parting gift!

:P

• Like 3

/awkward

the real awkward comes when we find out that she actually contributed to her own parting gift!

:P

Or that her leaving was some belated April fools joke...we can only dream. I miss her already she always had a way of making me feel like she had my back around here when things would get out of hand. Kind of a wise and loving smack up side the head she would give me now and then.