Some good quotes...

mustang guy

keeping with the BS theme here... from Hero:

"You remember when I said how I was gonna explain about life, buddy? Well the thing about life is, it gets weird. People are always talking ya about truth. Everybody always knows what the truth is, like it was toilet paper or somethin', and they got a supply in the closet. But what you learn, as you get older, is there ain't no truth. All there is is bullshit, pardon my vulgarity here. Layers of it. One layer of bullshit on top of another. And what you do in life like when you get older is, you pick the layer of bullshit that you prefer and that's your bullshit, so to speak."

other favorites:

There is no such thing as a hard decision, you just don't like the decision you've already made.  - some movie that I can't remember

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. -- Steve Prefontaine

“The common denominator of success --- the secret of success of every man who has ever been successful --- lies in the fact that he formed the habit of doing things that failures don't like to do.” -- Albert E.N. Gray

"Trust but verify" - who else, Ronald Reagan.  And for BigStewMan "Whether you think you can or think you can't -- you're probably right" - Henry Ford is credited for thisAnd an all time favorite re-quote.. "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"- Jack Nicholson. 

One year, Christmas didn't go very well and I was ruminating about the inconsiderate people and the stress of it all.

Then I recalled a comment by The Sage of the Midwest.  Ann Landers, of course.

Some woman had written to her to complain, extensively, about what was a minor matter.

Ann wrote: "I think you should count your blessings and quit-yer-bitchen."

Scandalous language at the time.

I've never complained about Christmas gone bad again. Ann was so right.

WMcD

Edited by WMcD
  • Like 1