Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

Amy mentioned awhile back that Klipsch would have some pretty exciting news and for us to be patient. I'm thinking this is what she was referring to because I don't see the current "Reference" speakers (even the new subwoofers) as being super exciting news.

Who is Amy? I see her mentioned on the forum alot. Forgive me as I am new here.

Sorry for double post.

Edited by buckaroo

Sorry for double post

Thats ok, just don't let it happen again. 

Who is Amy? I see her mentioned on the forum alot. Forgive me as I am new here.

Amy is the Queen of this forum, she used to work for Klipsch and was the forum moderator.  She has moved on to new adventures, but still pops in from time to time.  

Edited by duder1982

I may be way off base but I cannot figure out the "new" hertitage thing. I just cant imagine a forward looking company investing in speakers that will draw a very limited number of sales. I'm not knocking Heritage in any way, for sound they're great but they are not gonna be in living rooms all across the world. The day of big square boxes is over, I like nostalgia so they're fine by me but the new generation is not going to accept them. The fact they still make some of the old models is amazing to me, the sales just cant be that strong. Now.....I may be wrong, and don't mind one bit if I am but that's the way it looks to me.

It seems like a new Reference, I don't know how that will take Klipsch back to its "roots". I guess that's why some of us are hoping for a renewed Heritage. V***i Audio has made a big splash making PWK inspired designs. Our very own Bob Crites has carved out a very good niche as well as others. The desire for large speakers still exist in the high-end market and horns have become popular again. The Asian and European markets can't get enough of horns (ask TAD, JBL, Accapella, and others). The US market has seen a horn revival as well. A new Reference seemed to target the same audience that was always targeted :shrug: . That market is highly competitive and has reached market saturation (Polk, Wharfedale, Def Tech, I could keep going). If it is a new reference - there would have to be something that sets it apart (beryllium horn drivers - maybe DSP active crossovers ? Just sayin' something other than cooper drivers and new veneers).

With the signs from dealers getting rid of stock - it's pointing to a new Reference series alright, let's hope it's really something special (pun unintended).

• Like 1

Don't be a buzzkill new guy

Yeah, don't be a buzzkill. :P

But, he has been a member since 2009. :o;):D

Bill

new to me with double digit posts lol

Speaking of 2009. That is when I bought my first Klipsch anything! Rsw-10d, rf-82, rc-52, rs-42X4

What a great decision it was to get into this brand. Thinking my only mistake was to join this forum. Thanks to bill and professor thump I ordered the RF-63 HT.

Then I'll blame JTR speakers for not thinking the Klipsch was up to par anymore.

Then I'll thank bill Hendrix for finally getting me into the cinema lineup and slowing down and being happy with my gear as I have heard any other speaker that I just have to have anymore.

Been a fun ride. And it ain't over!

Tell me about it :) If you hang out here long enough you will be spending money. So many cool things here to see and read about.  

When I think about it. This is the first brand I have become really loyal to. I mean I would by any brand blu ray, amp, avr, projector, whatever (if it was what I wanted for the right price and performance  vs other brands). 

• Moderators
I'm not knocking Heritage in any way, for sound they're great but they are not gonna be in living rooms all across the world. The day of big square boxes is over, I like nostalgia so they're fine by me but the new generation is not going to accept them.

I totally get what you are saying Fish.  I'm 39 and it hasn't been but a few months that I even considered having Heritage as my main speakers.  My main complaint was that they look "old school", "dated" and not near as "cool" as say the Reference Series.  You are correct, I don't see my son (who is 15) in a few years buying Heritage for his first apartment after he moves out.  Will he appreciate the sound from the LaScala Trio?  Absolutely.  Would he rather "settle" for the sound of the RF-7ii / RC-64ii?  You betcha. 

I would guess that the majority of heritage owners are 30+, and likely even older than that. 

• Moderators

Someone posted these on the Klipsch Facebook Page under the Teaser Video.

I've made my fair share of Photoshopped Klipsch speakers but the lighting on these don't give me the impression they have been Photoshopped.  Are these legit?  Maybe European model?  Or is someone just much better than I at Photoshop?

post-25073-0-41420000-1420426332_thumb.j

post-25073-0-72740000-1420426341_thumb.j