Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

• Administrators

it is... I edited the post. d'oh!

BTW - Incoming separate post about a new product concept that we haven't discussed with anyone outside of CES yet. Just got the go-ahead to talk about it (a little)

Stay tuned!

• Like 1

I wonder why they didn't make it a three way?

size and cost are the most obvious answers. Performance in smaller rooms are better catered to with a good two way not a three way. Best regards Moray James.
I understand that but they could have made one of the woofers a midrange no extra charge there and the only extra cost would have been a better crossover which I think is needed anyway just add $50
I don't mean to spread ill will, this is just my opinion of what could be an awesome speaker. [emoji12]

they could have made one of the woofers a midrange no extra charge there and the only extra cost would have been a better crossover which I think is needed anyway just add $50

As much as I would liked to have seen a 3-way Reference or "affordable" Palladiumish 3-way speaker, a well designed 2-way floorstander "can" sound just as good as a well designed 3-way floorstander.  

IMO, the RF-63 is a perfect example of just that train of thought.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

so under the wifi tab there is what looks to be a tower with 4 woofers. if this is something with 4 4inch woofers to match the 440, i may be the first to jump on these and write a review against the current rf-42ii and rc-42ii. that is if i can fit them in my room. need to see size specs. 

so under the wifi tab there is what looks to be a tower with 4 woofers. if this is something with 4 4inch woofers to match the 440, i may be the first to jump on these and write a review against the current rf-42ii and rc-42ii. that is if i can fit them in my room. need to see size specs.

Oh snap those are cool. They have been hiding.

CES_New-Products_WiSa_3.jpg

I wonder why they didn't make it a three way?

size and cost are the most obvious answers. Performance in smaller rooms are better catered to with a good two way not a three way. Best regards Moray James.
I understand that but they could have made one of the woofers a midrange no extra charge there and the only extra cost would have been a better crossover which I think is needed anyway just add $50
I don't mean to spread ill will, this is just my opinion of what could be an awesome speaker. [emoji12]

Jeff: I am sorry but that would be a very bad idea and totally against everything that PWK stood for. I don't think that you could have possibly thought about it before you suggested it. A direct radiator for use as a midrange driver? Klipsch are supposed to be horn speakers for a very good reason. I guess that you just have no idea about the tremendous advantage of horns over direct radiators? Adding $50.00 to the build cost blows the product out of its intended market position. What you are suggesting results in a worse speaker not a better one. Best regards Moray James.

So no more RF7ll?  Or no new RF7?

Better buy up while you still can. No more ten inch Reference, eight it it. KLF20 KLF30 CF3 and CF4 will be getting very expensive now so will Chorus and Chorus ll. Or you can buy the great little speakers that Klipsch will be selling and you can sit closer so they will be almost as loud. Best regards Moray James.

So no more RF7ll?  Or no new RF7?

Better buy up while you still can. No more ten inch Reference, eight it it. KLF20 KLF30 CF3 and CF4 will be getting very expensive now so will Chorus and Chorus ll. Or you can buy the great little speakers that Klipsch will be selling and you can sit closer so they will be almost as loud. Best regards Moray James.

Maybe i should move on a B stock set of RF7ll's and a RC64ll.

So no more RF7ll? Or no new RF7?

Enough already. It's been stated several times that the RF-7II and RC-64II will remain in production for the foreseeable future. There's no need to rush out and scoop them up for fear that they'll disappear overnight.

This new Reference Premiere speaker line simply updates the majority of the Reference II line. All the flagship Reference II speakers that didn't see an update (RC-64II, RF-7II, RB-81II) will remain in production except for the RS-62II. I'm sure the flagship Reference II speakers will see the Reference Premiere updates (new styling, new horn design) in due time.

All the gloom and doom baffles me. Chill.

Edited by Schwa
  • Like 3

So no more RF7ll? Or no new RF7?

Enough already. It's been stated several times that the RF-7II and RC-64II will remain in production for the foreseeable future. There's no need to rush out and scoop them up for fear that they'll disappear overnight.

This new Reference Premiere speaker line simply updates the majority of the Reference II line. All the flagship Reference II speakers that didn't see an update (RC-64II, RF-7II, RB-81II) will remain in production except for the RS-62II. I'm sure the flagship Reference II speakers will see the Reference Premiere updates (new styling, new horn design) in due time.

All the gloom and doom baffles me. Chill.

the question is how long will these models be available for? I have no idea what the current rate of sales per month they average but if it is not substantial how long do you think they will run for? Take a look at what Klipsch has released as new this week with dual eight as the largest model ought to tell you something. Most guys I see here are fairly slow to buy new. Look also to the fact that Klipsch had for a very long time a corporate policy of no parts for upgrade just for service. I have to contact Klipsch a number of times to buy ti tweeter diaphragms. Now the company had made the ti mid and tweeter diaphragms available through Simply Speakers. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that a significant shift has occurred. All the time in the world to chill when you are listening to your new dual eight inch Reference loudspeakers but Heritage lovers may not share your point of view, at least now they can easily purchase titanium mid diaphragms (for as long as those parts last) to install in their Quartet Chorus Forte KLF and Heresy ll. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james

I know I'm gonna sound like a jerk, but Moray...chill out.  You're starting to sound like the crazy "the end is neigh" fruitloops on the streets of NYC.  The flagship reference lines rolled out later in the year last time, I don't know why you're so quick to think that won't be the case this time either.  I don't understand why people think the pulse of the forum is the only pulse of Klipsch - surely there are more than a few thousand owners of these speakers.

The negative Nancy thing is just becoming old, dated, and annoying.

• Like 4

I will be excited to see the new Atmos towers and am curious what they have for us that already have our speakers...That said, I think you Heritage guys are nuts if you think there is a market for those large footprint speakers no matter their illustrious history in the 2 Channel era. :huh:

guess I'm crazy! sorry, I mean "nuts." ROTFLMAO!!!

Seriously. Look around and you will not find folks purchasing new Heritage speakers even on THIS forum and that was even after they came out with the improvements of the "II" line and the 60th Anniversary Klipsch Horn.

Edited by tkdamerica