rebuy

Hello to all you Klipsch forum members.

I decided to join because I own 3 Klipsch Speakers.

They're not as  "nice" as yours and my equipment in inferior.

I don't care, I have to buy what I can afford and I've been buying

audio stuff before most of you were born.  That makes me an Old Man.

I'm really enjoying my F-20 speakers and I use 3 of them across

the front of my HT. Yes, I use an F-20 for my center channel because

I wanted a big speaker for my center since it's the most important speaker

in a HT. It does give me a seamless soundstage with 3 matching speakers.

I'll be lurking around and reading post and might even comment from

time to time. 

Being a former Polk owner, you guys don't seem to be as rude and

snobby as the asshats on the Polk forum.  But time will tell, LOL.

I allready know that reference speakers and other lines are better

than my Synergy Speakers but this is what I use right now.

Heck,, I was probably listening to K-horns before most of you were born.

But we're living life and having fun.

Happy New year to you all.

John

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, I think you lost an S somewhere.

3 Synergy's are nice to have as fronts.I thought about doing that on my set up, but have a fireplace smack dead in the middle of the wall. What are you using as surrounds?

• Like 1

Welcome John … nothing wrong with Synergy. I have Heritage. I also have Synergy F3 setup as well.  I’ve never been ashamed of the synergy or thought they sounded bad.  I’m sure you’ll do fine here and i hope you like the place. I will warn you that people are pretty free expressing their opinions; but, they’re a nice group.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Jim, I'm using Polk RTI 4's bookies for my surrounds.

We have a very small living room and the Polk perform the surround

duty pretty well but I have to turn them up because they're not as

efficient as the Klipsch.  But for the surround application they blend

together pretty well.

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

Hello John, welcome to the Klipsch forums. Nobody here is an audio snob. We all have different opinions on what sounds good but that is because it's a very personal decision. But we get along very well and we are respectful of differing opinions. For the most part.

I haven't been here very long but my observations are that many of these fine folk are like a family.  Like any family they (I still do not feel qualified to say 'we') quibble but it never lasts past the next thread. A very fine group, indeed.

Hope you decide to stick around.

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 1

Hey John......

1st....let me set you straight and set some ground rules......

#1 it's "OK" to be old....most of us are....except my man IbizaFlame

#2 it's "OK" that you own only three Klipsch speakers........more will come......that's just a fact!!!

#3 it's "OK" that you owned some Polks......I still do......got me some big SDA's........don't tell anybody.....

#4 it's "OK" to lurk around the forum in the corners......but please do some posting.

Now for the rule/rules......

When you post.....you must have fun and enjoy your time here.

The "BIG" rule , you can talk about all audio products here. But there is one product that the Klipsch Forum is obligated to "BASH" when speaking about. This name can not be used in the same sentence where Klipsch is used.......it's like matter and anti-matter....the product really doesn't matter we just like to poke fun at it.

I can't tell you what it is.....it's agianst the rules......you must find this out on your own.......but when you do you'll be a true Klipsch forum member

Ahhhhh ........ just come here and have fun.....lots of good peeps here

Welcome to the best forum in the world :-)

• Like 3

Hey John......

1st....let me set you straight and set some ground rules......

#1 it's "OK" to be old....most of us are....except my man IbizaFlame

#2 it's "OK" that you own only three Klipsch speakers........more will come......that's just a fact!!!

#3 it's "OK" that you owned some Polks......I still do......got me some big SDA's........don't tell anybody.....

#4 it's "OK" to lurk around the forum in the corners......but please do some posting.

Now for the rule/rules......

When you post.....you must have fun and enjoy your time here.

The "BIG" rule , you can talk about all audio products here. But there is one product that the Klipsch Forum is obligated to "BASH" when speaking about. This name can not be used in the same sentence where Klipsch is used.......it's like matter and anti-matter....the product really doesn't matter we just like to poke fun at it.

I can't tell you what it is.....it's agianst the rules......you must find this out on your own.......but when you do you'll be a true Klipsch forum member

Ahhhhh ........ just come here and have fun.....lots of good peeps here

Welcome to the best forum in the world :-)

Haha...yeah, but I'm okay with that.  It's a good feeling honestly, not because of the age thing, but it feels kind of like an honor thing to me. :)

Also, best post ever right there my friend!

Welcome to the forum rebuy!  I promise my generation doesn't represent me!

My second set of speakers were Synergy - I assure you, no one's gonna judge you.  I still have two Polk subs of my own too, so no worries there.  (I catch flak about that from time to time).

Also, as for the banned word, I'll give you a hint, it starts with b and is a four letter word.  It rhymes with "nose."  :D

Edited by IbizaFlame
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Hey what's with this old stuff, your only 7 months older than me..............OK your right were old. :D

Welcome, nothing wrong with Synergy's had some myself, it was my first klipsch and they sounded just fine.

West Virginia, some pretty country up there, went skiing up there once around Beckley almost froze to death. :o   

• Like 2

i'm on my 5th pair of k-horns in the last 24 yrs. can't live without them

OK, Budman...how the hell do you wear out Klipschorns and what happened to the other 4 pair???

Anyway...John, I know nothing of the Polk forums, but you are perceptive about this place.  It's the most loving, civil, and accepting audio forum I've ever been associated with.  Most of them I can only spend a short time in...our folks are far more than "virtual" friends. 

Welcome.  Kick of your shoes and stay awhile.  I think you've found the right place.

Dave

• Like 3

Being a former Polk owner, you guys don't seem to be as rude and snobby as the asshats on the Polk forum. But time will tell, LOL.

Pretty astute for a newbie but right on the money :D

Welcome to the forum.  It's a great online community that frequently blurs the line between cyber and reality as far as friendship is concerned.

Edited by CECAA850
  • Like 1

Welcome to the place of peace and knowledge  

As i remember 10+ years ago i was in between owning Kilpsch of any sort, came across this forum wile shopping for Klipsch, just joined this forum last year after being pretty fed up with Trolls in other forums.

This forum in that respect is a bad boy, self policed and nothing nasty last more than 24 hrs.

• Like 1

i'm on my 5th pair of k-horns in the last 24 yrs. can't live without them

OK, Budman...how the hell do you wear out Klipschorns and what happened to the other 4 pair???

Anyway...John, I know nothing of the Polk forums, but you are perceptive about this place.  It's the most loving, civil, and accepting audio forum I've ever been associated with.  Most of them I can only spend a short time in...our folks are far more than "virtual" friends. 

Welcome.  Kick of your shoes and stay awhile.  I think you've found the right place.

Dave

just the tip of the iceburg Dave

5 sets of k-horns - 5 sets of belles - 1 set lascala - 12 sets of cornwalls 16 sets of heresys - 4 RSW-15's

Edited by Budman