Gun shooting thread

mustang guy

My favorite gun is my "Cowboy Gun". It's an American Made Henry Big Boy .44 Mag. My son scarfed it last time he was in from college. It is a favorite of my sons as well. 

I also love my Beretta Xtrema2 12 Guage. I was shopping for my next shotgun and ran across this video. There was no doubt in my mind when I saw it. I had to have it!

This guy is ridiculous!   :)

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 4

Shot about everything the Army has @ one time, or another...

My favorite: Ma Duece Caliber .50 M2 Browning Machine Gun with Flash Hider.

The Commander's Weapon Station from the M1A1 Abrams is especially effective, the Mount, T&E mechanism & site sweet.

You had me at Browning Machine Gun!

• Like 4

I am currently to ad an auto for HD and general all around fun...

I am thinking either a SW 1911 ported or a new M&P .40 Ported... but I hear a lot of bad things about the M&P trigger. anyone have experience with them?

• Like 2

Havent done any rifle shooting, but I enjoy just about ever pistol I shoot. My favorite shotgun is my Browning Citori Special Sporting Clays Edition. It's a nice heavy target shooter that absorbs recoil wonderfully and allows me to shoot all day without feeling it. Super accurate, and for being 22 years old it's still pretty to look at, even with it's nicks and bruises.

• Like 2

Even though I am from West Virginia, a big deer hunting state, I don't hunt.  I'm not a very good shot either, so that makes me more of a collector.

My favorite gun is a 1908 Colt 380 hammerless.  It is rather small, has a 7 round clip, but has a perfect fit and feel in my hand, the balance is just great.  It was owned by my father's grandfather.  One of my sons will get it someday.

(stock photo, but my gun looks exactly like this one, with the small round Colt logo on the grip)

YFW48A-S-F1-H.jpg

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 4

Even though I am from West Virginia, a big deer hunting state, I don't hunt.  I'm not a very good shot either, so that makes me more of a collector.

I have found this to be code for "I'm a crack shot" more often than not. :-)

• Like 1

I love my Browning 887 Nitro Mag. It was pretty unpopular at first when it first came out but they fixed the loading issues and it has a great balance and feel. Some people dont like the fact its a plastic shotgun but it feels great in my hands and the ergonomics work well for me for shooting and tactical reloading etc. I have shot everything though it from the usual target loads to dear slugs to 3.5'' Magnum 00 buck.

Utah is an awesome state for guns and we even have shooting ranges that let you rent a .50 Cal or a Machine gun etc.

(I tried to post a pic but it says, "You are not allowed to post this image extension on this community")

I am currently to ad an auto for HD and general all around fun...

I am thinking either a SW 1911 ported or a new M&P .40 Ported... but I hear a lot of bad things about the M&P trigger. anyone have experience with them?

Lots of 3-gunners like the stock M&P trigger for some reason. An ex-girlfriend of mine married a guy on the Nashville SWAT team, a little over a year ago he won a local meet with a stock M&P, beating out multiple pros. Personally I like Glocks better. Not sure why he didn't, he has to qualify with about 7,000 rounds per year with one.

Ought to mention though, that .40 seems to be going away. High quality 9mm can hang with .40's and even .45's nowadays. The FBI is reverting back to 9mm.

I have found this to be code for "I'm a crack shot" more often than not. :-)

I can throw rocks with more accuracy than I can shoot a handgun.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I can throw rocks with more accuracy than I can shoot a handgun.  :rolleyes:

Double tap, 20 yards, mini IPSC target which is barely bigger than the size of a basketball. :)  The taped up holes are how everybody else spews them out.  

1621735_10151994898439401_641273737_n.jp

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

My favorite gun is my "Cowboy Gun". It's an American Made Henry Big Boy .44 Mag. My son scarfed it last time he was in from college. It is a favorite of my sons as well. 

I also love my Beretta Xtrema2 12 Guage. I was shopping for my next shotgun and ran across this video. There was no doubt in my mind when I saw it. I had to have it!

This guy is ridiculous!   :)

I sold one of these a few years ago, I acquired it in a trade, sold it the same way, My 2 favorite to shoot currently are my stainless S&W 38 came from the NYC PD, and I have a 22 semi automatic I think it is a mossberg model 60,, have not had it out for awhile, 

• Moderators

Hey watch where your pointing that thing :o

Only have a few guns here, a few 22 rifles and my old Mossberg pump shotgun converted with pistol grip and extra short barrel, a 410 and a old 38 special pistol.  and few others rifles left here by a son in law. I will check I don't really remember. :o

In 1974 there as a local department store (pre walt mark) going out of business. Their going-out-of-business advertising had gone on for several weeks before I found the time to stop by. Fortunately they still had some golf balls I wanted so I bought 10 dozen. While there I saw that they still had a few long guns left. I bought a Winchester 94 30-30 for $60. Later I bought a low powered scope for the rifle and used it for fun at the range.

One day my brother called and asked if I wanted to go deer hunting the next day with a friend of his visiting from out of state. The terrain in the area we were going to hunt was sage fields and/or thick scrubby pine so I carried the Winchester. When we got there and were getting ready to hunt the two turkeys I was with started laughing at my $60 rifle, calling it 'the pea shooter'. The two of them had nice rifles, Weatherby as I remember. I laughed at them as they were removing their rifles from soft cases and then from additional cloth wrappings around the rifles inside the soft cases. Pretty rifles they were.

We hunted. No luck.

I got back to the truck before the others and put my gun away. We were parked on top of a hill and there was an illegal dump site down in an adjacent valley about 75 yards away which I had not noticed before hearing gun shots. I walked over and saw they were kicking up Weatherby dirt/dust clouds around several soda cans. After about 20 rounds I said it looked like I was going to have to get the 'pea shooter' out. They laughed. I got the pea shooter and loaded one cartridge. Kicked a cola can about 20 feet straight up in the air. They never mentioned my $60 Winchester again.

That was 40 years ago. I still have the pea shooter today.

Keith

• Like 3

I bought a Winchester 94 30-30 for $60.

I grew up shooting a pre-64 "Ackley Improved" Winchester 30-30, made sometime in the mid 50's.  Still in pristine condition.  First deer I shot didn't inflict the damage my dad had hoped for so he sent it off to Colorado for the Ackley mods and to get custom dies.  Next deer I took out both shoulders and it collapsed like a sack of potatoes.  I think I was 8.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1