Favorite Saturday Night Live Skit

thebes

More cowbell was a one-shot gig, and it is probably #1 because of that.

The running gags I liked were:

Jepardy

Jane you ignorant ###

Two wild and crazy guys (Steve Martin).  King Tut was also a SM tune/gag

And by FAR the funniest one I've seen from this century happened after Mandella died, and the and the guy doing the sign language interp for the president and others TOTALLY made up  the entire thing, and had NO IDEA how to do sign language.

Here's the SNL skit:

And here's the ACTUAL translation by a real translator on Jimmy Kimmel Live, which is probably funnier than the SNL skit.

Maybe the first time I saw it for the first real time, was in St. Cloud, Fl., it was in 81, while on biz w/s.  It was the funniest episode but no specific scene recall. It was almost hysterical , in the clinical response.

Seems recall Chase. Have to sleep over it. Not much help, I admit. :wacko: Like the idea though. Though shall see the response.

Think it is cool, man ...Thebes. :happy: Keep up the good work :excl2:  :wink: Still funny after all these years. Love a good dying laugh. :emotion-19:

Haven't been posting much but, topics have been OT. :emotion-50: Couple or 3 new members seeking Klipsch. Fortunately, the forum has the makeup.

Cheers!

Edited by billybob

To me, the only things worth watching were the old recorded skits (which I have on DVD anyway....), the new stuff pretty much sucks.

The problem with SNL was that after the first few seasons of success, they then stretched out the skits into uncomfortable lengths....Case in point..."The Californians".  Three minutes of that would have been fine, but then it just went on and on and on.....awkward.

Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd looked pretty bad.

I suppose my expectations for this show were too high.....

• Like 1

To me, the only things worth watching were the old recorded skits (which I have on DVD anyway....), the new stuff pretty much sucks.

The problem with SNL was that after the first few seasons of success, they then stretched out the skits into uncomfortable lengths....Case in point..."The Californians".  Three minutes of that would have been fine, but then it just went on and on and on.....awkward.

Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd looked pretty bad.

I suppose my expectations for this show were too high.....

A lot of great stuiff over the years, and many bad years in between.  It is unwatchable right now. 

The big show last night was a dud.  I made it to the "Californians" and turned it off.

What was the purpose of Robert Dinero and Jack Nicholson?  The Jeopardy skit was kind of funny, but the original was much better.  I can't stomach award shows either so no big surprise that this show stunk. 

I was up in the middle of the night and VH1 had a show about the 1st 5 years.  Much better.  They went behind the scenes and showed parts of the skits as well as the genesis of the show. 

Great Skits.  Nobody mentioned puppet class:

Loved Phil Hartman's stuff.  He died way too early.

Cro Mangnum lawyer.

Tanto, Tarzan and Frankenstein.

So much more, he was great. 

In the opening where they show him, there is a woman sitting across from him with the back of her head to the camera, her earing is swinging.  This was his wife (GF?) who killed him.  She wanted to be in the camera shot and they had to keep telling her to turn around, hence the swinging earing.  She wanted all of the success that he was achieving.  Sad story. 

Loved Phil Hartman's stuff.  He died way too early.

Cro Mangnum lawyer.

Tanto, Tarzan and Frankenstein.

So much more, he was great. 

In the opening where they show him, there is a woman sitting across from him with the back of her head to the camera, her earing is swinging.  This was his wife (GF?) who killed him.  She wanted to be in the camera shot and they had to keep telling her to turn around, hence the swinging earing.  She wanted all of the success that he was achieving.  Sad story. 

He was great as Frank Sinatra: "I got chunks of guys like YOU floating around in my stool!"

RIP Jon Lovitz!

Yeah, that's the ticket!  Just reminded me of an episode back in 1986.  I probably have it on a beta tape somewhere, because it had Stevie Ray Vaughan as the musical guest.  But the skit was Jon Lovitz as the pathological liar, trying to pickup Jerry Hall, and Mick Jagger walks into the skit.