No Bullshit

Chad

mdeneen

I, for one, miss mdeneen.  He contributed much.  I didn't always agree with his tone, or his opinion, but I did often enough to want to read his point of view.

By the way, he was well over the 5,000 post level!

I am not really familiar with this "evil twin" business ... can someone enlighten me?

Without wax,

Gary

Let me clarify. Since I did not have the same experience as others may seem to have experienced, I was using the term “evil twin” more from the perspective of the antagonist found in various fiction genres where the evil twin is a physical copy of the protagonist, but with radically inverted moralities.

spock_evil_twin_morror_universe_nimoy.jpg

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 2

A “Heritage Member” should be someone who has contributed to these Forums over time, and contributions go beyond post counts.

Certainly see where you are coming from, but the problem is that it's arbitrary.  Some standard had to be set that was fair to all.  Granted, some case could be made for "grandfathering" the few previous members without adequate post count but that is totally a Chad decision. 

Dave

• Like 1

Ok let me put it this way.  Chad if you will grandfather Seadog and Germerikan in and others who were there before then they can have my place.  I would never hide nor incessantly bump my threads anyway.

I agree, it makes some sense to open up the membership to others who have proven themselves worthy and were undone by the Mystery of the Lost Posts.  But I think it should go one step further. 

Why not let the current 1%ers vote by secret ballet who they let into their exclusive club, sort of like skull and bones at Yale whose secret society is directly comparable to the secret Klipsch Forumites, you know, it contains senators, presidents, owners of Microsoft and Apple, the leaders of our country.  Right now the club is so small it's kinda like the Sith and their Rule of Two, which had only two beings at any time, one Master, one Apprentice.

Just a lowly suggestion by One Who Is Not Worthy.  :ph34r2:

• Like 2

• Administrators

There sure are a lot of armchair forum admins about. Not that I expected 0 backlash or misunderstanding the reasoning. Some of you have valid points.

The problem I have with "grandfathering in" members of the old BS forum into the No Bullshit forum is, that perpetuates the myth of the "good ol' boys club", which I DON'T want around here. It's a slippery slope.

As for post count vs time on the forum, there really isn't a way to auto-allow access to it based on join time. It's either post count or password. And the password idea is lame.

BTW - good job crapping on this thread overnight, folks. Lived up to my expectations. :-)

• Like 4

Guest Steven1963

I submit a suggestion: you need to have 5,281 posts to get into the club. Then we could nickname it the 'mile high' club.

I know I'll never get to join THAT club, but I could aspire to join THIS club, as it is completely possible.

Anyone claiming to be members of both would become honorary members granted the most latitude with posts. But pictures as proof would be required :).

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 3

perpetuates the myth of the "good ol' boys club", which I DON'T want around here.

But Chad, that's what's already happened.  It's not a myth, it's reality.  I still don't get it.  Was this "club" requested by a current or former member?  And honestly, I suppose I really don't understand it's basic purpose, even after all of this chatter. 

• Like 1

perpetuates the myth of the "good ol' boys club", which I DON'T want around here.

But Chad, that's what's already happened.  It's not a myth, it's reality.  I still don't get it.  Was this "club" requested by a current or former member?  And honestly, I suppose I really don't understand it's basic purpose, even after all of this chatter. 

But Jim, that's the way it was before.  We had an invisible BS section where only a small part of the members were allowed.  As far as I know, nobody whined.  But as soon as post count became a qualifier for membership, the whining began.  It makes me wonder whether we have 2 problems now:

1.  Those who really wanted to be part of the new group and are whining, and

2.  Those who just want to whine for any reason and could care less.

You know.....a lot of fun was poked at the new "club" last night....and yea I jumped on it, and I had quite a few laughs...really..

When it really boils down I don't care about the new "club" or what ever ya want to call it.....

I know who my friends are...and some of them have that "5000+" and if they want to participate .....well good for them...they will PM me and tell me all.....lol lol..

The way I'm going I'll be there around 2020 ....oh yea....

MKP :-)

• Like 2

Destroyed an entire section of this forum (similar to No BS) plus destroying everyone else's posts that went along with it and elsewhere throughout the forum.  Demanded it.  Went to upper management about it.  A lot of history is gone now.  That's the short of it.  It is beyond the point now that while I sparred with him a lot, agreed with him a lot, disagreed with him a lot as all of us did, what he ultimately accomplished was despicable and purely selfish.

Wow!  I must have not been paying attention.  So entire threads were removed?

Destroyed an entire section of this forum (similar to No BS) plus destroying everyone else's posts that went along with it and elsewhere throughout the forum.  Demanded it.  Went to upper management about it.  A lot of history is gone now.  That's the short of it.  It is beyond the point now that while I sparred with him a lot, agreed with him a lot, disagreed with him a lot as all of us did, what he ultimately accomplished was despicable and purely selfish.

Wow!  I must have not been paying attention.  So entire threads were removed?

I missed it too.

My own post count is due to the fact I am a devoted fan of PWK, the company, and the fact that  I've made so many friends and shared such great times over the years.  It's not just a pastime, it's a very real part of my life and I've many friends here who are anything but "virtual."  We've shared life and death, sickness and health, adversity, and many crisis. 

This place is what you make of it. 

Dave

• Like 2

Perdition in a handbasket happened several weeks ago. Not many were aware of it though. Raise a toast to MDeneen for what has transpired.

Could no longer resist, could you?

Dave

It's all about the association in the search engines.

As for post count vs time on the forum, there really isn't a way to auto-allow access to it based on join time. It's either post count or password. And the password idea is lame.

The irony is that post count alone has proved to be a poor predictor of good behavior.  The member that demonstrated such destructive and vindictive behavior, to the extent of gutting thread after thread of content (and getting an entire Forum deleted) had more than 31,000 posts.

This time there is a mechanism for moderation if required.  It is NOT a free fire zone.  In the old one, post count was, in fact, a pretty good predictor.  In over a decade there I only recall Amy intervening maybe twice, and then it only required words. 

AAMOF, there are so few with the post count so far that you can't swing a cat in there without hitting a moderator.  Don't be expecting a moderator-free zone when you get there. 

Dave

Edited by Mallette

Guest Steven1963

Chad. It's a good step. It is a no win situation for you. I get that. I just wanted you and the Mods to know I appreciate the efforts. Even though I don't think it goes far enough. You guys didn't even have to do what you did and you seem to be catching a lot of flak over it

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 1