Who is your favorite Post Beatle?

jacksonbart

Ok, this thread is not about debating the greatness of the Beatles....  they where great.  The question is after the separation all four of the people who are considered members of the "Beatles" who's solo career have you enjoyed most as this point.  For this thread that definition would be John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr.  Clearly John and George have since left this earth.  This thread is not about poo pooing other members but more about being a Beatle fan and then talking about which artist you liked better as a solo artist.  My wife is a huge Beatles fan.

For me it is George Harrison and with that said I dislike "Cloud Nine".  His early post Beatle albums are just well.....  Top Notch.  I think he grew so much and his guitar playing is subtle not blending greatness. 

• Like 1

I’ll pick Paul…mainly for Band on the Run.

Funny story…i had an extra ticket to see Queen back in 1980…asked my brother in law if he wanted to go.

He said yes…didn’t find out till we got to the Forum that we were seeing Queen--he thought i said Wings, so he figured we were going to see Paul McCartney. To make matters worse…his ex-wife had the seat directly behind him.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

Funny story…i had an extra ticket to see Queen back in 1980…asked my brother in law if he wanted to go.

He said yes…didn’t find out till we got to the Forum that we were seeing Queen--he thought i said Wings, so he figured we were going to see Paul McCartney. To make matters worse…his ex-wife had the seat directly behind him.

I'd much rather see Queen than McCartney.

• Like 4

I'd much rather see Queen than McCartney.

that’s what i told him…you lucked out.

• Like 1

I need to grab a bunch of older Harrison material and have a listen. I really liked the Concert for George CD we got, that I think I would like the originals as well.

Have a few of the McCartney albums and like them a lot. Never listened to Ringo's solo material and just don't care much for John's recordings. I think they are all solid musicians, even apart. What they did together was magical. The variety is what always gets me.Too many groups and solo artists music all sounds the same.

Sorry Steve, I would rather see PM than Queen... ;)

Bruce

• Like 1

I'd have to pick, Paul. Perfect soft rock voice. He had the pleasant, happy go lucky charisma. His songs were light hearted, radio friendly, and catchy.

Poor Ringo ? He has to be the luckiest guy on earth, probably live forever , too...Lol  :P

Ringo would be my last choice in response to the question.

That said, he puts on a great live show. If you get a chance to see his travelling All Star Band, take it. Always a collection of excellent musicians who seem to genuinely enjoy performing and each other's company.

• Like 1

Wings Greatest Hits, to me, was easy to listen to. Not too many hidden meanings that would make me stop to think about, that's not why I would listen to them. As said already, it was just easy to sing along to as well as sounding very "Summery" (the season).

Could it be that it was played the most on the radio? Probably. But back then, that was all I had to listen to.

Venus & Mars has a very close second place.

Edited by Mighty Favog

Guest thesloth

Geoge Harrison without a doubt for me.

I have  "Cloud Nine" on vinyl so I am going to re-visit it right at this moment From what I remember it hardly ever gets played, which is why it's in such good condition lol.  Who knows maybe my tastes for it has changed. I mean Elton John, Eric Clapton, Jeff Lynne, the album is star studded. And yeah Ringo is in there somewhere.