I'm taking a stand, and not letting this go

jimjimbo

In the giant scheme of things, with all of the horrible events going on domestically and internationally, this is just a very miniscule blip on the radar.  I get that.

I am a member of this forum, and this community, and have been for a number of years.  Not nearly as long as some others of course.  This place, and the people in it, are important to me, and I have made many friends here, and participated in many superb events through this community.  And I certainly hope to continue this long into the future.

However, I can not, and will not, tolerate the decidedly blatant offensive and rude statement that is a signature of one specific members every post.  "Klipsch Forums, Full of Audiophools".   This member has stated that it is intended to be offensive and incendiary, so it is "doing it's job" according to his post.

It's an embarrassment, plain and simple.  

I respectfully ask that this signature be removed.

• Like 3

Some "audiophiles" chase the perfect sound their whole lives. For a lot of us on this forum, I would venture a guess that we have found our perfect sound. At the very least, we have found the sound that we are excited to go back and listen to every day.

So, to each his own in terms of sound. However, I will be home enjoying the sounds of my Klipsch and Altec horns tonight, presenting the music how I feel it should be.

I have found my audio nirvana and suspect others here have as well. We are such 'phools'...

It's all about the music, folks. Now get to listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Grizzog

Redacted:

I would ask the member involved to please change his own signature quote so there is NO flame baiting in any manner. 

Mods have other things to do.

Edited by wvu80

It didn't work with me.  It must take a lot more than that to get under my skin.

well, you Bronco fans are just plain tough!

did it work?  Are you pissed now?

Nope but I did consider the source...it's that lizard skin more than my books and poetry that protect me....

Sorry, new here, so maybe my opinion doesn't count for much. And that's fine. But isn't pointing out the offensive signature playing right into the hands of the culprit? It is his/her stated intent, and now by making a whole thread about it, did he/she not attain the goal? Is posting about this not the actions of an unwitting accomplice?

I myself do not put much credence into the disruptive activities of others. If one chooses to be an ***, let him be an *** unto himself.

Respectfully

Edited by Bella
  • Like 3

Guest David H
But isn't pointing out the offensive signature playing right into the hands of the culprit?

It certainly is, He is probably doing a happy dance knowing it got under someone's skin.

Easier to just laugh at the sig.

Edited by GotHover

• Moderators

Pardon me, but can I interest you in a pair of Zircon-encrusted tweezers?

How much? Is it pre-ban or post-ban Zircon.

Who the heck is it? When I am on my phone with these tiny letters that I can't see it doesn't show signatures.

I know there is an option where you can block specific member's signatures from appearing on your screen. That could help until there has been an official vote to shun or burn the individual at the stake.

I say,, let the signature stand.   Part of that free speech stuff but, don't give the signature any more traction by starting a rant over it. Klipsch forum member are quit the savy group with a vast array of audio knowledge and expertise.  They are above statements as in the signature.  Many of us have never met face to face on the forum but, really know a fair bit about each other from our interactions on the forum.  These interactions tell a lot about a person and we can decide who to pay attention to and who to blow off so to speak.

We don't want to get into the habit of censorship and thread locking over every little issue.  Things that are not accepted by the masses will fade away on there own.  Silent public rejection sends a strong and lasting bitter taste in one's mouth.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 2