Are we alone?

Nismo

Are we alone? No..... actually, we are some form of entertainment or zoo for others......

What if there were multiple alien creators that held a contest to see which kind of animal could rule the world? :) One creates a mouse that could multiply rapidly, find food anywhere, and tunnel/squeeze itself into tiny spots. Another just creates snakes that eat the mice. Then another creates eagles that eat the snakes.

Maybe they started this contest with dinos then realized how big of a mess they were making, so they extinctified them.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

One thing is for sure, finding Alien life is very probable, but figuring out the universe is not.

Ever noticed that when it seems we are getting close to figuring it out a new theory comes up that makes it ever bigger and farther away from our comprehension?  Seems a bit like "bait and switch" to me...

Dave

You said it Dave. We have total transparency of our bodies, Uber IQ medical scientists, yet we still cant fully figure out what that dam little appendix is inside us is for.... :D    Oh, but were gonna figure out existence and its entirety just knowing that God Particle is there dad gummit.

shit-from-shinola.jpg

Where did the Mayans go?

Well, the Mayan civilization faded away but there are millions of Mayas still living in the equatorial regions of South/Central America.

I suspect a few were laughing heartily during May 2003 (Sumerians) and December 21, 2012 (Mayans). :o

Edited by Fjd

My take is this, we are not alone, and any alien beings that have come in contact with us have done it to either better their species, or to better ours. When man gets to a point of imminent destruction of the earth, they "reset" things and we start over. Our own ignorance and greed is what will do us in time and time again. Until we are really ready to grow, or change, "as a junkie who is in recovery ten to twelve times" we will have "great floods,fires,asteroids" to rest us. When we are truly ready "to give up our drug addiction", we will grow and meet them face to face in a good manner.

• Like 1

My opinion is that we're not alone, but assuming that they are like us, are way more advanced than us, and everything else that goes along with that mindset, may just be a fantasy. Nobody ever envisions dumb aliens. That may very well be reality though, maybe we're the highly evolved aliens that are trying to visit other planets to take advantage of their natural resources. We are already trying to mine the moon and comets.

I am certain there are dumb aliens, especially in our local group. But the farther away aliens are, the older they will be which means a head start in evolution. Evolution really can only go two ways, dumb or smart. Since the dumb ones most likely don't survive very long (solar systems by nature run out of fuel) there only leaves the smart ones that have survived this long.

My take is that there are civilizations that are far more advanced than we are, and also others that are still in their infancy, and that this "cycle" if you will, continues forever, whatever forever is....I would say that they have already visited here, and perhaps still do in very "stealthy" fashion.  I've always thought that some of the fabulously unexplained magnificent structures that were built by civilizations long ago were built either to honor the aliens that had visited, or an attempt to communicate with them after they had departed.

Look, the evidence is clear.....they dropped off Al Gore to invent the internet, and Donald Trump to make all of the rest of us look smarter.  I mean, what more does it take to convince you?

Evolution really can only go two ways, dumb or smart. Since the dumb ones most likely don't survive very long (solar systems by nature run out of fuel) there only leaves the smart ones that have survived this long.

An important corollary to that we can observe is this:  Once a species gets to just about our level of science they begin to control evolution.  We are doing this, crudely so far but it's a start.  Once a species fully understands how they are constructed it follows that they can then reconstruct themselves as they see fit.

Dave

• Like 1

Evolution really can only go two ways, dumb or smart. Since the dumb ones most likely don't survive very long (solar systems by nature run out of fuel) there only leaves the smart ones that have survived this long.

An important corollary to that we can observe is this:  Once a species gets to just about our level of science they begin to control evolution.  We are doing this, crudely so far but it's a start.  Once a species fully understands how they are constructed it follows that they can then reconstruct themselves as they see fit.

Dave

Yes, they (us) no longer need to rely on natural mutations to evolve. So in a sense it's like Moore's Law. They (us) will start to evolve at an exponential rate maybe? Well until we reach a saturation point that is.

Edited by xxJPMxx

Only molecules I am aware of with that property are those in LSD.

Psilocybin, Mescaline, DMT..................all natural "gateways". Shamans have been using them for a long time before LSD was derived from ergot.

Oh how the rabbit hole goes deep, there is Santa there too:

I suspect a few were laughing heartily during May 2003 (Sumerians) and December 21, 2012 (Mayans). :o

There were actually quite a few Mayan descendants that went on record to try and ease some of the stress and anxiety that media and Sci-Fi had hyped up. I recall one story my professors told me about one of the children of the men he was working with at the site of Teotihuacan killed himself, because "what's the point if we're all going to die next year anyway?"

Conspiracy theories and "doomsday predictions" are fun, until they're not. 2012 was one that stopped being funny as soon as people started living as if it was actually going to happen, or killing themselves because they believed it so true.