THEFT of La Scalas

Berks

Hopefully this is the best forum to post this! In August 2015, the moving truck with all of my household possessions was stolen including my pair of Klpisch La Scalas. The theft occurred in Tacoma WA. The pair are black and were in their original boxes (massively re-taped). If you have run across these please let me know. There is an active investigation with the Tacoma Police Department.

Many thanks,

Alan Carrier

Stockbridge MA

• Like 6

Alan, you really did come to the right place with your request.  There are people here who constantly watch for Klipsch La Scalas for sale no matter where they are in the country.  We have a long memory and we take theft of a "member of the family" very seriously.

Do you have any pictures?  Please post whatever you have and a good description of your LS, such as year, finish, gouges, water stains on the top, broken corners, etc.  Year and XO type would help as well, believe it or not.  If they try to part it out and we know what parts to look for and if the thieves try to sell it on CL or Ebay, there is a good chance it will be spotted.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 9

Alan, please post your email somewhere, maybe inside your personal profile so bots won't scrape it, or put it in your first post as Alan at ++++dot com

The only way we have to contact you is by public post or Private Message and you'll have to check this site everyday to catch it.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

• Moderators
The only way we have to contact you is by public post or Private Message and you'll have to check this site everyday to catch it.

If he's subscribed to this thread, he will receive an email every time someone replies (that's how I do it).  I don't have the time available to check the forums continually.

• Like 3

Alan, you really did come to the right place with your request.  There are people here who constantly watch for Klipsch La Scalas for sale no matter where they are in the country.  We have a long memory and we take theft of a "member of the family" very seriously.

Do you have any pictures?  Please post whatever you have and a good description of your LS, such as year, finish, gouges, water stains on the top, broken corners, etc.  Year and XO type would help as well, believe it or not.  If they try to part it out and we know what parts to look for and if the thieves try to sell it on CL or Ebay, there is a good chance it will be spotted.

Alan,

this AND the serial numbers if you know them or can receive them from the previous owner or Klipsch.

Many, Many of us take this very personal as we understand how pissed we would be!

Please HELP us to HELP you!

Give us ANYTHING you can! :)

Roger

• Like 1

We will definitely keep a lookout and luckily these are pretty hard to move around so they can be flagged by us on any craigslist or ebay postings. Hopefully they can trace the people and get your other stuff back too.

I was on the Freeride ski program in College and we all got these cool Oakley down jackets with out logo embroidered on the back. A week after getting them my buddy had his stolen at a party. Sure enough at our team meeting the next Tuesday at the rec center the kid that stole it walked right by everyone on our team wearing the jacket on the way to a different event in the room next to ours! We all watched him while wearing our jackets and he got really nervous and slipped into the room. We had some kids wait at both doors and followed him into the hall and eventually cornered him. I told him quite frankly he could either give us the jacket or we would pull it off his unconscious body and he eventually gave it up. Lol he even scratched out my buddy's name and wrote his own Name, phone and address on the tag.

We will definitely keep a lookout and luckily these are pretty hard to move around so they can be flagged by us on any craigslist or ebay postings. Hopefully they can trace the people and get your other stuff back too.

I was on the Freeride ski program in College and we all got these cool Oakley down jackets with out logo embroidered on the back. A week after getting them my buddy had his stolen at a party. Sure enough at our team meeting the next Tuesday at the rec center the kid that stole it walked right by everyone on our team wearing the jacket on the way to a different event in the room next to ours! We all watched him while wearing our jackets and he got really nervous and slipped into the room. We had some kids wait at both doors and followed him into the hall and eventually cornered him. I told him quite frankly he could either give us the jacket or we would pull it off his unconscious body and he eventually gave it up. Lol he even scratched out my buddy's name and wrote his own Name, phone and address on the tag.

I would have still put him in an ER anyhow, thieves deserve no less!

Roger