What's your favorite type of beer?

japosey

What's your favorite type of beer?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite type of beer?

• Amber Ale
    • Barley Wine
    • Blonde Ale
    • Bock
    • Dunkel
    • Hefeweizen
    • IPA
    • Kolsch
    • Malbock
    • Pilsner
    • Lager
    • Porter
    • Saison
    • Stout
    • Other

Ellie's is really good, but strong, pretty high alcohol content.  

Did Ellie's change this or am I thinking of something else?  There was a brown ale I used to get all the time several years ago and if I had three of them I was pretty silly, I was thinking it was more like 8.5%.  They are claiming 5.5%.  I used to get it in bottles, I seem to only see it in cans now.  A gas station on the way home from work carries it.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I like browns if they are smooth.

Ditto...hoppy versions of brown ales are so bad they should carry warning labels.

My current favorite brown is "Three Blind Mice" from Mother's.  Very smooth.  Not entirely sure they can distribute it outside of Missouri.  

http://www.mothersbrewing.com/craft-beers/our-beers/three-blind-mice/

One type that is definitely NOT my favorite is a Russian Imperial Stout.  Last two times I tried one I puked after just one beer.  Basically upset stomach for two hours then "Raaaalph".  Happened at both Nantahala Brewing and Dry Ground here in town.  I tried to do some research, biggest thing that seemed out of the ordinary was the use of "star anise" spices.  Have no idea if that's what set it off.  

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22866/172638/

I did have fun researching the history of the Judaculla name though.  

You know it's funny as we age our tastes evolve and we seek out flavors that were repugnant to us when we where younger. 15 years ago I rarely would drink more than one or two beers that had any color to it and now rarely have one that doesn't.

• Moderators

The first pour from my pregnant cat:rSQaDZr.jpg

My son likes IPA's but I don't like real Hoppy beer. It's all in a person's taste. Also, Guinness you get at bars isn't usually right. The ratio of CO2 to Nitrogen is supposed to be 75/25. The gas needs to be between 28 and 35 psi, and the temp needs to be just right. I had a Guinness at our country club the other night and I about vomited. Just not the same! Mine reminds me of what I get across the pond.

Sam Adams is starting to get on the Nitrogen kick:http://www.samueladams.com/nitro-project

I think you have that backwards CO2 is 25 to 75% N, which can be seen when the bubbles slide down the side of the glass. A European faucet helps even more, and it looks like you have one of those.

Right. My dyslexia has been awful today. Luckily I use a blender to keep my mixology right.

I have this:

234481.png?v=20160313

I also have the micromatic regulators for the O2 and Nitrogen tanks. My pregnant can cost me about 2 grand.

Wow you got it going on. I had a Kegerator and bar built into my office when we built it. Was kind of a meeting place on Fridays. We had to get premixed, and had to find a place that knew how to do it right. A bit of trial and error. But once you have it right you can tell by just looking at the bubbles.

Awesome setup,

The first pour from my pregnant cat:

My son likes IPA's but I don't like real Hoppy beer. It's all in a person's taste. Also, Guinness you get at bars isn't usually right. The ratio of CO2 to Nitrogen is supposed to be 75/25. The gas needs to be between 28 and 35 psi, and the temp needs to be just right. I had a Guinness at our country club the other night and I about vomited. Just not the same! Mine reminds me of what I get across the pond.

Sam Adams is starting to get on the Nitrogen kick:http://www.samueladams.com/nitro-project

I think you have that backwards CO2 is 25 to 75% N, which can be seen when the bubbles slide down the side of the glass. A European faucet helps even more, and it looks like you have one of those.
Right. My dyslexia has been awful today. Luckily I use a blender to keep my mixology right.

I have this:

I also have the micromatic regulators for the O2 and Nitrogen tanks. My pregnant can cost me about 2 grand.

Wow you got it going on. I had a Kegerator and bar built into my office when we built it. Was kind of a meeting place on Fridays. We had to get premixed, and had to find a place that knew how to do it right. A bit of trial and error. But once you have it right you can tell by just looking at the bubbles.

Awesome setup,

Thanks. I was going to do the premixed thing, but there wasn't a provider anywhere near me. The good thing about that is that premixed is inconsistent where the blender is precise. The extra money spent assures a perfect pint every time. There really isn't anything like a Guinness poured from a proper stout setup. I thought it would take months to go through a full size keg, but at least 4 pints gets poured every day. At this rate, I will be replacing the full sized keg monthly, although it will probably go down to bimonthly once the novelty wears off.

this kind

attachicon.gifbeer.jpg

Ha!  

Q: "What's your favorite kind of beer?"  

A: "Um, boobs."   :)

I just got back from Paducah Beer Werks, they've come a long way, the stout is very nice, and their artisan sausage stuffed mushrooms are excellent, although pricey.  

249146_10153635587259401_226421794466572