Former worker bee Klipsch employees found

HDBRbuilder

I have wandered into some of the former employees who were at Klipsch back when I was there (1976-1983), and am trying to get them to join the forum.  So, if and/or when they do so, I will post their forum names along with their real names and tell you where they worked, primarily, and what they did. A number of you folks have speakers that they had a hand in producing, and/or shipping.  Please give them a hearty welcome when they finally sign on, and keep your eyes peeled for this topic to be bumped whenever one joins.  Thanks!

• Like 10

On 9/15/2016 at 7:12 PM, djk said:

Is John Fricks still with the living?

Jim Hunter told me John had passed away.  It was probably 10 years ago when he told me that.  

John came to my apartment in Fort Worth in 1985 to change out the woofer drivers in my brand new KG4s.  One driver had developed a slight buzz and Klipsch was concerned that a defective driver may have made it into a new Klipsch product.  He took all four drivers back to Hope so they could investigate.  I never heard what they found, but I have also never heard of another KG4 driver problem.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rivervalleymgb said:

Yes, Seadog, that is right about John. I knew him pretty well. Dated his sister-in-law.  John was married to Vonda. I dated her twin sister Rhonda. Stayed at their house in Fayetteville a few times when Rhonda was up there. 

It's tid-bits like this that keep me from getting bored on the forums and making the (short) trek out to the annual Hope gathering. I love to hear the interwoven lore surrounding the company and its listeners.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

It's tid-bits like this that keep me from getting bored on the forums and making the (short) trek out to the annual Hope gathering. I love to hear the interwoven lore surrounding the company and its listeners.

It makes me feel part of something larger. This shared experience is special. Magical. 

Thanks to everyone,

Mark

• Like 1