Jump to content

Forte III


oldred
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

No, I think you're missing the point, which is best to quit digging yourself into a hole.  Your "inferred" and "insinuation" comments are your opinion, and nothing more.  I can pretty much guarantee that due to your mostly pissy attitude toward Roy that you won't get much further at all.    Nothing to be gained at this point, really.

 

JimJimbo,

 

I have read through this thread several times and have yet to find a "pissy" attitude toward anyone.  Has the Klipsch Forum become a religion with a high Archy similar to the Vatican in Rome? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 1/5/2017 at 8:56 AM, agreen60 said:

This is the info from Rogelio Delgado Jr. that was posted from another forum QUOTE......

The tweeter is the same as the one in heresy and Cornwall. The mid is a 1.75" diap that has a phase plug I designed. The horn is my latest greatest tractrix used in some commercial product. And the voicing is....like it's supposed to be. Think ki 396..... The bass is tighter and more excursion. It has all the latest I have been taught and have learned. Come to the pilgrimage. I will have a surprise for all.

Then there was this from a month ago.

 

The question should be why is it "tighter" (notice he doesn't say lower, so is it flatter?).  What has more excursion? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
19 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

 

JimJimbo,

 

I have read through this thread several times and have yet to find a "pissy" attitude toward anyone.  Has the Klipsch Forum become a religion with a high Archy similar to the Vatican in Rome? 

Yes it does, but the structure of a religion is probably not a good analogy, you are liable to get scripture posted in response.

 

The culture of this forum as always had a hierarchy.  It seems to me it has always been PMK and his four core principles are at the top.  

 

Those that were fortunate enough to work and study under PWK and continue on are the second level.

 

It goes back to the inception of the forum, discussions about what is or isn't Heritage, Extended Heritage, etc. all relate to what PWK had his hand in, or didn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

 

 

But you know all of this CePoorman, I am pretty sure you have asked Roy questions you have thought out, what your path was, where you were headed, and he answered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm not sure if CePoorman is me or not, but the only question I have ever asked the Chief was about another Klipsch engineer, and I didn't get an answer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

 

JimJimbo,

 

I have read through this thread several times and have yet to find a "pissy" attitude toward anyone.  Has the Klipsch Forum become a religion with a high Archy similar to the Vatican in Rome? 

I guess if you can't find that attitude, then you must have the patience of the Pope....maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 1/7/2017 at 1:48 PM, Chief bonehead said:

tell me, if you were mentored, taught, hanging out and were loved by a person that you would have considered a father figure in your life, would you insult him?

 

its become obvious that you have not read or understand my relationship with paul......so once again i put this out there.  paul's real heritage speakers are what paul built the company on.  paul and i had many discussions on his speakers and every time i got the honor of working on them, i did so with the utmost respect.  while he was alive, i always got his approval for things.  tractrix was the toughest but thru the help of a mutual friend, he accepted it, which further widen my admiration for paul.  think about it....at his age (late 80's), to still have an open mind to make changes and advance amazed me.  but paul is not alive anymore.....and we never discussed updating his speakers from a horn perspective.  the jub was the first one he wanted to do with a tractrix horn along with his mods to the horn.  

 

with the forte ii, i had started to play with tractrix, paul was there to advise and encourage me with his rebuttal questions.  that is why the forte ii and quartet and chorus ii used my first generation tractrix.  to get the chance to reintroduce and update the forte, and adding some of things i was taught and learned, yes i added all i could....because i know paul would wanted it that way and would have approved.  but it is my intention of honoring paul is why i will not update his speakers.  i will never say never....but right now, i would not do that to pauls speakers or his legacy.  paul just means alot to me.  and i would have to do alot of remembering and meditation to make sure that paul would want that.

 

now do you understand?

A month ago, he even went to the effort to try and explain it to everyone.

 

If you don't take the time to read his responses, and to understand, you are wasting your time, as you can see, he is too busy to waste his.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

My dang autofill, I thought you had asked him several questions over the years, my mistake.

That's ok. I rarely ask audio questions on here, I admit, I don't know a lot about about the technical side of audio. A good friend of mine is the lead acoustic engineer here in Indy. I seldom even talk speakers with him. My third grade speaker knowledge amuses him. He would actually rather talk about what I do for a living. He's a very bright young guy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

A good friend of mine is the lead acoustic engineer here in Indy. I seldom even talk speakers with him. 

I just happen to notice this comment and the thought came to me what a great opportunity for a true audiophile. This forum and others are cluttered with pedestrian comments about the performance of audio gear where facts based on sound science and engineering are no where to be found. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Dawson's Ridge said:

This forum and others are cluttered with pedestrian comments about the performance of audio gear where facts based on sound science and engineering are no where to be found. 

Please grace us with your level of experience, if not....."pedestrian"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Forte III at the Pilgrimage?  I'm there.....I want to see a replay of the moon landing in the anechoic chamber too, if we have time....

Jimbo, my understanding is that there is going to be an actual re-enactment of the landing, featured players will be Cecca, @Coytee, and Dr. Harmon will be piloting the craft ( which just happens to resemble 4 stacks of KP-600s) They are trying to squeeze it in after the museum ceremony and sunset. @CECAA850 is suppose to stick 3 blue cheese olives into a martini shaken exactly 100 times to officially kick off the Pilgrimage.
I really need to be there and can't be, I'm guessing JH will be recording everything, hopefully he posts the key ceremony and moon landing here on the forum so people as unfortunate as myself will be able to feel like we are part of the celebration. Better yet, Christy has been doing some live feeds on FB, I could get hammered and feel like I'm actually at the Pilgrimage if she does a live feed

 

Mark

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

stick 3 blue cheese olives into a martini shaken exactly 100 times to officially kick off the Pilgrimage.

No, no, no....the olives go into the glass AFTER the requisite shaking....otherwise, it will just turn into a big pile of mush....

 

My real question is, who will be staying behind to pilot the command module, and who will be on the lunar lander?  I think it's best that Carl not drive, so he would stay behind to captain the martini station....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

No, no, no....the olives go into the glass AFTER the requisite shaking....otherwise, it will just turn into a big pile of mush....

 

My real question is, who will be staying behind to pilot the command module, and who will be on the lunar lander?  I think it's best that Carl not drive, so he would stay behind to captain the martini station....

What I was trying to say is that Captain Cecca will shake a martini 100 times and then the blue cheese olives would go in, only to be thrown down at "Warp Speed"

I think this thread is starting to go adrift, which might actually be a good thing. Maybe a lockdown, that way @Chief bonehead wouldn't have to get grilled with the same monotonous questions. Now if he could illustrate (draw) the difference between a Carolina rig and Texas rig, AND provide some insight as to which knot is stronger and gives a better presentation, I and others would love to see and hear the results from an engineering standpoint

 

Mark

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Comparing my question to a fake moon landing conspiracy is just absurd. I understand now that the Chief does not "owe me anything" as if that were ever implied by me but whatever. I have been put in my place and will no longer ask a question or ask for clarification on anything he says. What a great day to be a Klipsch member.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No one on this forum is a God, or deserves to be worshiped, etc.  The question put forth to Ray was quite simple, and could/should have been addressed properly, pages ago.  I for one have had enough of some people's pompous attitude on this forum.  There was a time, many years ago when people were friendly and helpful on this forum.  No longer does this seem to be the case.  

 

Over and out Houston!

 

Best regards,

John

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

What I was trying to say is that Captain Cecca will shake a martini 100 times and then the blue cheese olives would go in, only to be thrown down at "Warp Speed"

I think this thread is starting to go adrift, which might actually be a good thing. Maybe a lockdown, that way @Chief bonehead wouldn't have to get grilled with the same monotonous questions. Now if he could illustrate (draw) the difference between a Carolina rig and Texas rig, AND provide some insight as to which knot is stronger and gives a better presentation, I and others would love to see and hear the results from an engineering standpoint

 

Mark

Yes ...I think it time to lock this down

 

George,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, John Chi-town said:

 There was a time, many years ago when people were friendly and helpful on this forum.  No longer does this seem to be the case.  

 

Over and out Houston!

 

Best regards,

John

Everyone is still friendly....Come on....Chill

 

George,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Comparing my question to a fake moon landing conspiracy is just absurd. I understand now that the Chief does not "owe me anything" as if that were ever implied by me but whatever. I have been put in my place and will no longer ask a question or ask for clarification on anything he says. What a great day to be a Klipsch member.

 

30 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

No one on this forum is a God, or deserves to be worshiped, etc.  The question put forth to Ray was quite simple, and could/should have been addressed properly, pages ago.  I for one have had enough of some people's pompous attitude on this forum.  There was a time, many years ago when people were friendly and helpful on this forum.  No longer does this seem to be the case.  

 

Over and out Houston!

 

Best regards,

John

+1

 

In my opinion, the simple straightforward question put forth deserved a simple straightforward answer, or if it was deemed somehow inappropriate, a clear explanation as to why it was considered so, or no answer at all. Not the nonsense that came after. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...