Jump to content

Forte III


oldred
 Share

Recommended Posts

Tube amps eh?

 

I am surprised Klipsch or Bob Crites or Al K. haven't knocked out a decent entry level tube amp suited for our beloved horns yet.

 

Something us fortuitous afficianados could wade into...

 

Now I am going to have to build my own amp too?

 

Where is my notepad and pencil...?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, geoff. said:

Tube amps eh?

 

I am surprised Klipsch or Bob Crites or Al K. haven't knocked out a decent entry level tube amp suited for our beloved horns yet.

 

Something us fortuitous afficianados could wade into...

 

Now I am going to have to build my own amp too?

 

Where is my notepad and pencil...?

A reputable company building tube amps, in America. Especially a company with a history of building them, I'd buy one or two. That would be " HUGE " for consumer confidence !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^^^

There are numerous tube amps, from both companies and well regarded individuals, built in the US, Too numerous for me to mention but a few might be Decware, Quicksilver, VTL, Manley, Rogue, Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, etc. And of course the venerable McIntosh. And dozens of highly respected cottage industry builders such as our own Craig Ostbys NOS Valves. If you are interested in tube amps sourcing one should be of little concern. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, geoff. said:

Tube amps eh?

 

I am surprised Klipsch or Bob Crites or Al K. haven't knocked out a decent entry level tube amp suited for our beloved horns yet.

 

Something us fortuitous afficianados could wade into...

 

Now I am going to have to build my own amp too?

 

Where is my notepad and pencil...?

If you have experience working with high voltages, take a peek at the "Talkin' Tubes" section of the forum.  You will find a number of relatively simple amps discussed, including schematics, which offer outstanding performance with Klipsch speakers (if I say so myself.........).

 

Maynard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 2/12/2017 at 6:01 PM, Speed said:

A reputable company building tube amps, in America. Especially a company with a history of building them, I'd buy one or two. That would be " HUGE " for consumer confidence !

There is at least ten of them.  Designed in built in USA (everything but the tubes, unless they are NOS).  Start with McIntosh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, I'll start looking. I've never seen one in person, or heard one. It would be nice if retailers carried a few, so people could see or hear them. Retail dealers only seem to carry AVR's, as home theater seems to dominate the market place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2017 at 7:01 PM, richieb said:

^^^^^

There are numerous tube amps, from both companies and well regarded individuals, built in the US, Too numerous for me to mention but a few might be Decware, Quicksilver, VTL, Manley, Rogue, Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, etc. And of course the venerable McIntosh. And dozens of highly respected cottage industry builders such as our own Craig Ostbys NOS Valves. If you are interested in tube amps sourcing one should be of little concern. 

Don't forget forum member justinweber Justin Weber's ampsandsound.com I have several of his amps and they are first rate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been wanting to dive into the Heritage line for awhile (eyeing Heresy iii), but I think procrastination will have paid off. Here's to hoping to have the Fiii's as my intro to Heritage. Thanks to all the input from the veterans on here, that helped cut down on my productivity at work today. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, haydukej said:

I've been wanting to dive into the Heritage line for awhile (eyeing Heresy iii), but I think procrastination will have paid off. Here's to hoping to have the Fiii's as my intro to Heritage. Thanks to all the input from the veterans on here, that helped cut down on my productivity at work today. 

Welcome to the Forum.  Dive in head first, go for the Fiii's!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...