What I Got Today!

Brac

Surface-Pro-3.jpg

try and get this whole streaming/digital music/DSD thing going again.

it didnt pan out last time.

Schu,

We have a bunch of these at the college (Surface Pro 3), and they are really nice! Way better than the first gen models.

Bruce

Hellow all I'm new to the forum. I used to be somewhat of an audiofile back in the late 80s and through the 90s. Had JBL L220, Adcom amps, hk preamp and so forth, but then sold everything after a divorce. Well now I'm trying to get back into it on a somewhat smaller scale. I have a computer with a Fiio x3 using as a Dac, SMSL SA-50 for an amp, and some cheap Magnavox speakers. Well I was getting ready to buy some Micca speakers because of the really low price, but today at my local garage sale I found a pair of Klipsch RF-3 speakers for $10.00, yes that's right ten dollars. I seen the Klispch emblem and thought they should be good speakers so I offered ten dollars for them. Not really knowing that much about Klipsch speakers I looked them up when I got home, and I think I got a good deal! These things sound amazing.... i can't really compare them to the JBLs I had because it's been so long ago. I'm just so clad I found these, because I was thinking I would never be abble to afford any type of audiofile speakers again. These are great speakers!

• Like 6

Hellow all I'm new to the forum. I used to be somewhat of an audiofile back in the late 80s and through the 90s. Had JBL L220, Adcom amps, hk preamp and so forth, but then sold everything after a divorce. Well now I'm trying to get back into it on a somewhat smaller scale. I have a computer with a Fiio x3 using as a Dac, SMSL SA-50 for an amp, and some cheap Magnavox speakers. Well I was getting ready to buy some Micca speakers because of the really low price, but today at my local garage sale I found a pair of Klipsch RF-3 speakers for $10.00, yes that's right ten dollars. I seen the Klispch emblem and thought they should be good speakers so I offered ten dollars for them. Not really knowing that much about Klipsch speakers I looked them up when I got home, and I think I got a good deal! These things sound amazing.... i can't really compare them to the JBLs I had because it's been so long ago. I'm just so clad I found these, because I was thinking I would never be abble to afford any type of audiofile speakers again. These are great speakers!

Awesome deal, welcome….lots of knowledgeable people around here.

• Moderators
Hellow all I'm new to the forum.

Welcome, you did great, don't be shy look around and ask questions, there are a lot of different sections where you can get almost any answer / opinions on anything audio and more. Great deal :emotion-21:

Bill,

Welcome to the forum.

You did great for your $10.00.

Does your screen name reveal you are from JAX, FL and mispelled or does it indicate some place else?

Bill

Thanks everyone. I just can't believe this little amp drives these so well, I know I read that they are really efficient speakers, but man this is insane. One thing I do remember about my L220s is they needed masive amounts of power, and I mean mortgage your house power. I had the biggest Adcom amp they made back then and remembered needing another one. I've been listening to headphones for the last year with my Fiio, but after listening to these I don't want to put my phones back on. I played a few of the reference cds I have managed to get back, like Flim & the bbs Tricycle, the salesman played this cd when I bought my very first system so it's just always been my go to try out. I have listened to every type of music so far over a 10 hour listening marathon yesterday, and the rf3s pasted the test for me. I grew up with Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and all the classic rock, then in my 20s I abandoned rock for a 20 year ride with jazz (turned on by an old school mate) and now falling in love with my classic rock again, and building up my cd collection. Jazz is still my fav though.

• Like 2

These speakers are not 100% perfect, they had quite alot of dust on them, and the covers have a couple tips broken, but nothing you can tell from a foot away, and nothing that effects the sound quality. Before yesterday I knew nothing about these speakers, except they wewe Klipsch. I did know a guy back when I was growing up that had a pair of Klipshorns, that I heard once or twice and they were the best speakers I had ever heard. When I went to the garage sale I asked the guy how much he wanted for them and he didn't know, so I'm thinking this is a garage sale you should know what you want for them? Then he says how much will I give for the speakers, me being me I offer what I had in my pocket to spend $10.00, he wanted 20.00 but I didn't know what they were... so I stuck to my ten, good thing I didn't know what they were, I would have offered a lot more. This is the only Klipsch product I own "a used pair of speakers" lol, knowing the quality... Klipsch will be the first product I look at new or used. Don't mean to go on an on but I'm just tickled pink about all this.

• Like 2

First welcome to the forum, yes any pair of Klipsch speakers is a great deal for $10.00

I am from Jacksonville, NC

My uncle lives in Jacksonville, I was able to visit last fall when he retired from the Marine Corp.  I must say it was nice place to visit, I enjoyed the Carolina Ale House.   Stick around and ask questions, it won't be long before your searching for your next piece.

Does your screen name reveal you are from JAX, FL and mispelled or does it indicate some place else? Bill

The N and B are next to each other on the keyboard, so I'm guessing a misbelling.  :P

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!