What I Got Today!

Brac

I am such a child.  In preparation for the upcoming Batman V Superman movie this Thursday, I picked up a Superman Under Armor shirt, a hoodie with a cape, and socks with little capes on them.  Oh man...The nerd in me is coming out strong today!

2014-05-20_13.36.58.jpg

Another pair of glasses, oakly crosslink

Dude you might want to return those, they look broken.

Oh don't worry they will get broken, and then Oakley will say "sorry no parts available"  " buy whole new one different model" Oakley SUCKS

IMG_1686_zpsrfn0xii1.jpg

Well, these suckers are huge. Luckily the owner had a hand crank lift that got them on the truck easy enough.

Sound wise they of course sound amazing, though I know I'm not getting the most out with them being on such a short wall. With them snug in the corner, the mpl is about three and a half feet from where we sit, and its very noticeable. After I shot this pic I toed them out as much as a could. The sound stage improved but of course the bass took a hit. 

With that being said, I'm probably going to have to let them go. The Scalas, I feel sound best in my living room, and until we get our own home with a large enough wall, the K-horns are going to have to be a later purchase.

Also, their condition was not excellent. The pictures the guy took were a little misleading. They are by no means in bad shape, I'd actually say very good, but they have more than a couple superficial abrasions, some chips to the veneer, and fading to the wood, due to them being next to the window for the past 10 years. However, I was able to get them cheaper because of it.

I'll make another post with more pics, and selling info.

• Like 5

Horn came home today.

Initial phase of horn restoration complete...

attachicon.gifDSC00403.JPGattachicon.gifDSC00404.JPGattachicon.gifDSC00408.JPG

The bell has been smoothed out, dents removed.

attachicon.gifDSC00405.JPG

First valve extension totally restored.

attachicon.gifDSC00406.JPGattachicon.gifDSC00407.JPG

Veldt and valves cleaned up and restored.

I have a trumpet and cornet you can have for free Michael if you are interested. Probably need some help as well.

Tim

• Like 2

May take you up on it, Tim. I am hoping to have an assortment for local students to use who don't have the money to rent or get a horn of their own. Of course, anyone who gets one to borrow would have to comply with my extremely nitpicky cleaning and maintenance regiments that I perform on them weekly.

Who knows, kid might learn how to play, be responsible, and take good care of something in one fell swoop!

• Like 1

Just let me know Michael, otherwise they are going to Salvation Army or something. The trumpet was my FIL's from forty years ago and the cornet was my wife's from high school band. I also have a mint trumpet that we bought last year for my daughter's music class but I don't think my wife is parting with that one yet.

Tim

Well more like what my kids got yesterday. We replied to an ad where some folks had rescued an abandoned puppy. After a couple of weeks of canvessing the area, media notices, vet check for chip we are now th eparents to this...this...some breed of dog. Beagle face, shepard coloring, big azz feet and long legs (never will figure this rotated stuff out)

post-19886-0-00400000-1459094129_thumb.j

post-19886-0-68520000-1459094142_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 8

My first real record player.  I don't know jack about these things.  Breaking it in properly though.  Original JB record from like 1977 that I've been using as art.  Those are Klipsch RP-160M's in the background.  

20160328_192241_zpsxvu5q6c9.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 3

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!