What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators
16 hours ago, wvu80 said:

BTW, NICE hot tub!  :emotion-21:  Thirteen horsepower to run the jets, that's hilarious.  That's about the output of a 250cc trail bike!  :lol:

That should be wild, with that much HP it should have seatbelts.

Looks like you got a steal, the best looking hot tub I have ever seen, probably because if I were looking for one that would surely not be in my price range new.

• Like 1

These turbo's look bigger than they actually are.  It's a 56 lbs/min turbo, so roughly rated at 550hp.  This is my second Borg Warner EFR turbo, the first one being on my STi.  I like them because they have a good internal wastegate design, built-in bypass valve, built in electronic boost control solenoid, huge ceramic ball bearing cartridge (although this cartridge is not aluminum like the one on my STi), stainless exhaust housing, forged aluminum compressor wheel, and titanium exhaust wheel.  They have good transient response, which is good for my track car.  :)

After a long wait I finally received my AR-XA modified with all new wiring, caps, upgraded motor, suspension, plinth, and a few other goodies. But when it came it had a wiring issue. Rather than return it, I decided to redo the arm. The seller agreed to pay for the wiring issues, so it saved both of us time and effort. So instead of damaging the table with the new arm, I decided to have the wiring issue fixed and took the table and re-plinthed it and did the other with the new arm.

Both tables have powder coated top plates, Cardas wiring throughout, and upgraded arm tubes and head shells. I even took an original head shell and had it modified to fit the SME tube and attachment. The table on the left is what I'm keeping and has a Sumiko MMT arm, and the one on the right is up for sale in the garage sale section.It has the stock arm that was modded with sapphire bearings,polished screws for the arm,wiring, and dampened with cotton in the tube. The arm bearing and platter bearings were polished and cleaned as well. Both sound amazing and are super quiet.

I have an Ariston RD-11 Superior being redone and if I wasn't getting that table, would keep the one on the right.

Hopefully after the Ariston is finished, I will also be finished with my turntable fetish.

102_9538.JPG

• Like 4

Not today but picked these items a couple days ago, will be testing out them today:

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

I have always been intrigued by ML Electrostatic speakers. Can't wait to get a little seat time with them. I have heard they are pretty power hungry so when a XPA-3 II was posted on CL, I jumped. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, K5SS said:

Not today but picked these items a couple days ago, will be testing out them today:

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

I have always been intrigued by ML Electrostatic speakers. Can't wait to get a little seat time with them. I have heard they are pretty power hungry so when a XPA-3 II was posted on CL, I jumped. 

Very nice, let us know your impressions.

• Like 1

999559ce569a44f6507c58fe20999a99.jpg

Today I picked up my second fully restored Marantz Model 3600 preamp. These preamps are often criticized for having a somewhat darker sound and I agree with that but happen to think that sound works decent with Klipsch.

However, since these were restored with modern, better parts they are not dark sounding at all. In fact, they exude the vintage 70's Marantz sound in all their glory....but better IMO. Detail, clarity, crisp, smooth and warm sounding.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!