What I Got Today!

Brac

53 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I like that philosophy

I had the same issue with my MC2100, turned out to have a major part of the pot worn out.  I think Audio Classics had some replacement.

I find all of the woman I have around the house notice things but don't always count them. Several amps, cameras, watches that look the same works like camo. for me. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I'm doing a bit of cleaning on the inside of both amps today....noticed one of the gain pots was intermittant, and will be wiring them back up later today.  

Well, after a long day deciding how I was going to confgure everything....again.....(and I got a bunch of nice Blue Jeans Cable interconnects), finally got it down.

The gain pot on one of the 250's was just a bit dirty, and after cleaning all of the pots on both amps, all are working well.

So, the bottom line on monoblocking these 250's with the Chorus II's....fantastic.  This is a keeper setup.  The 250's are now run through a Mcintosh C29 preamp, which gives me a lot more flexibility from a power and tone control perspective.  However, so far tonight, no tone control necessary.....

The 250's in this configuration sound very full, deep and with a crisp slam,the mids and highs (with new Crites Ti), both sound smooth and terrific,  as opposed to my MC30's, which understandibly have a slightly softer warmer tone, which is fine too, with the right material and another pair of speakers, like the La Scala's or Khorns.  Very happy I did this.  Highly recommended .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mungkiman said:

Alas, I only have one 2505, but it's a lot more fun to watch than tubes...

I love the glow of tubes, but don't really watch them. When my 2A3 amps are powered up, the glow of the tubes isn't very apparent, unless all the lights in the room are out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marvel said:

I love the glow of tubes, but don't really watch them. When my 2A3 amps are powered up, the glow of the tubes isn't very apparent, unless all the lights in the room are out.

The 2A3 is a great tube. Best sounding non-45 tube for my flea power tube amp.

21 minutes ago, Marvel said:

By smaller home and seeing the picture I assume you mean condo/apartment...

Yes a smaller condo in Scottsdale, AZ. No stairs and more secure parking than what we currently own here. I dislike having to deal with HOA's but I also don't want to worry about landscaping and pools.

A small improvement to my turntable

Ortofon 2M Red :D

I was trying to get Shure m97xE, but here it is too much trouble to get it. I should wait three weeks for local dealership to get it from Netherlands. And I want to make shure it is original cart, not some fake. It was also more expensive than 2M Red.

Anyway, I am pleased with improvement in comparison to original Philips GP400. Compliance, weight and dimensions between Ortofon and Philips carts are very similar, so I thought why not give it a try. And a I am glad I did.

IMG_20161101_214019_zpsgmpovrp9.jpg

• Like 4

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!