What I Got Today!

Brac

Sure are.  Finally decided to stop hooking up my main speakers up to my multichannel amp.  The amps I wanted to try are the Parasound JC1 mono blocks or even the new ATI Signature series, but the Emotiva XPR-1's were priced really well for what you get on the used market.  Slightly higher S/N ratio, but 118dB is still really really good.  I think the JC1's are a tiny bit better.

Edited by etc6849
  • Like 2

Sure are.  Finally decided to stop hooking up my main speakers up to my multichannel amp.  The amps I wanted to try are the Parasound JC1 mono blocks or even the new ATI Signature series, but the Emotiva XPR-1's were priced really well for what you get on the used market.  Slightly higher S/N ratio, but 118dB is still really really good.  I think the JC1's are a tiny bit better.

Let us know how they sound.

They sound flat just like my multichannel amp ATI AT2007.  They really do sound awesome, and my Chesky dynamic drum test track doesn't clip anymore :)  That thing has 44dB of dynamic range, so if you play 10dB above a room's noise floor you will clip even on efficient speakers like the P-39f without a powerful amp. 

I think the P-39f's must have some wide impedance swings too with their three 9" woofers, so nothing wrong with having a beefy amp, but I don't run my mains in full so who knows...

I've been 3 lights away (out of 12) from clipping on the XPR-1's on some very dynamic tracks already!  I don't think I'll ever clip again though and I've had things pretty loud.  Is it worth almost $2k for the very few tracks with that kind of dynamic range?  Probably not for a normal person but I'd assume movies may have a wider dynamic range than most music if there's a gun shot or something across the front, etc...

Replacing my leather chairs made more of a sound difference and was cheaper.  However, I think the slew rate might be better on the XPR-1's, but I haven't measured it and can't find a value online.

I was actually watching those XPR_1's.  They are amazing amps. I hope they work out for you. I would think paired with the P's they should sound amazing.

Edited by etc6849
  • Like 1

I just picked up an Emotiva ERC-2 CD player this evening. I figure I will set this up with my pair of Outlaw Audio M2200 mono blocks for my daughter's room. She has a surround set up now but never uses it because she only likes two channel....go figure. I will swap the Outlaws out and put in my Emotiva XPA-5 and Sherbourn PT-7020-C4 pre/pro in the living room now. Always something...

Edited by teaman
  • Like 1

galaxys6_black_v3.jpg

I finally broke down and got a smartphone. Very easy to use....very different than what I'm used to. It's BIG compared to my beloved flip phone!

It takes awesome pictures....now I can post some pics when selling on the Garage Sale. It seems many have a hard time uploading pics onto the forum. Any tips?

• Like 2

galaxys6_black_v3.jpg

I finally broke down and got a smartphone. Very easy to use....very different than what I'm used to. It's BIG compared to my beloved flip phone!

It takes awesome pictures....now I can post some pics when selling on the Garage Sale. It seems many have a hard time uploading pics onto the forum. Any tips?

Can't help you with the phone but if the more reply options is not working for you just open a Photobucket account and download pictures there.

Just a link away to have all your pictures up & running in no time.

• Like 1

It takes awesome pictures...

Is that an S6? I got an S6 Active after my wife switched from her iPhone and then decided she didn't like the Samsung. My phone was almost three years old so we switched it over to me.

Awesome pictures! You will probably have to resize your pics to upload, as they have a 2 megabyte per pic limit. Mine below I resized at 50%, to come in around 1.6 Meg.

Took over 1000 on mine while on vacation in the Philippines.

Bruce

post-5045-0-91740000-1449941272_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 1

I got this today:

Dual1245_zpsv7n5wjgd.jpg

It's a VERY nice example of a Dual 1245 belt drive automatic. Complete with a Shure V15 III.

And I actually received this on Thursday it had to wait until today to get set up. One of the feet was broken out of the box so I spent some quality time with a tube of SuperGlue to make things right. I felt the need to add a little thump to my Heresys.

Dayton%20Sub_zpsr2uo7o5q.jpg

The subwoofer is a Dayton (Parts Express) 12" driven by 120W. I know... I know... Pretty "low rent" as subs go but my listening room isn't very big and I'm not a crank it up and shake the walls kind of listener. Besides I live in half a duplex so I have to respect my neighbor.

If any of you are listening to Heresys without a subwoofer do yourself a favor. Cough up $138 and get one of these guys from PE. It hits WAY above what one would expect based on price. My amp (Onkyo Integra A-9711) is too old to have a subwoofer out so I needed a sub that did the whole speaker level connections. This one did.

I'm almost a happy camper here. The sub is great and the TT appears to be great but I have nothing to listen to. I really expected my album order to arrive BEFORE the turntable did. CRUD!!!

• Like 1

I got this today:

Dual1245_zpsv7n5wjgd.jpg

It's a VERY nice example of a Dual 1245 belt drive automatic. Complete with a Shure V15 III.

And I actually received this on Thursday it had to wait until today to get set up. One of the feet was broken out of the box so I spent some quality time with a tube of SuperGlue to make things right. I felt the need to add a little thump to my Heresys.

Dayton%20Sub_zpsr2uo7o5q.jpg

The subwoofer is a Dayton (Parts Express) 12" driven by 120W. I know... I know... Pretty "low rent" as subs go but my listening room isn't very big and I'm not a crank it up and shake the walls kind of listener. Besides I live in half a duplex so I have to respect my neighbor.

If any of you are listening to Heresys without a subwoofer do yourself a favor. Cough up $138 and get one of these guys from PE. It hits WAY above what one would expect based on price. My amp (Onkyo Integra A-9711) is too old to have a subwoofer out so I needed a sub that did the whole speaker level connections. This one did.

I'm almost a happy camper here. The sub is great and the TT appears to be great but I have nothing to listen to. I really expected my album order to arrive BEFORE the turntable did. CRUD!!!

I have my Heresies set up with a pair of Speakercraft BassX-10 subs and the added bass punch is amazing. I agree with you totally, especially the original Heresy speakers....add a sub.....or two!

• Like 1

Is that an S6?

Yes. It's a Samsung Galaxy S6. My daughter had an S5 and preferred it over the iPhone she had so I got the newest model...the S6. I wasn't able to get the Motorola Droid Turbo through US Cellular...which she likes better than the iPhone and the Galaxy that she had....so I settled on the S6 and so far I'm content with it. It's very different from what I'm used to but extremely easy to use (as far as the basics go).

galaxys6_black_v3.jpg

Can't help you with the phone but if the more reply options is not working for you just open a Photobucket account and download pictures there.

Just a link away to have all your pictures up & running in no time.

Ah....so that's how you do it. :emotion-21:

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!