The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

2 hours ago, polizzio said:

New replacement front and rear sights arrived today for my Colt Python. So tonight is complete disassembly, deep clean, and re-assembly time. Between and during playoff games.

Nice!  That looks like a relaxing project for a Saturday evening.

+++

I have an M&P Shield 9 gen1.  I can field strip it for cleaning in about 5 seconds.  I use mine for CCW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

They get their sights from Elliason(sp)?

I ordered these from Numrich Gun Parts on line. The sights are new and labeled as Kensights, and reasonably priced. They fit just like the Colt oem parts I replaced. Just looked at the package again and its labeled "vintage Colt rear sight assembly". I had ordered a front sight blade off ebay probably a year ago and it didn't fit right. It was supposed to be an oem Colt front blade to fit a Python.

The Kensights came with adjustable rear assembly, the two compression springs, and two roll pins (one extra). I am pleased.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Nice!  That looks like a relaxing project for a Saturday evening.

+++

I have an M&P Shield 9 gen1.  I can field strip it for cleaning in about 5 seconds.  I use mine for CCW.

Firearms is another one of my hobbies. I enjoy working on them, collecting, and shooting. I favor Glocks for their total reliability and durability, but i have other manufacturers too. In today's world I don't leave home without it, like my driver's license or credit card. My G-22 sleeps under my pillow every night. Imagine a world (even in America) where people are not even safe in their church worshiping, at a concert, walmart, or attending school.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, polizzio said:

End results.

DSC_0043C.JPG

In your honor, a new Paul Harrell video:

• Thanks 1

I miss my old slug thrower. 

I had a 6" blue python and diamondback. I wish I still had them.

40 minutes ago, Schu said:

I miss my old slug thrower. 

I had a 6" blue python and diamondback. I wish I still had them.

Colt just announced they are going to manufacture the Python revolver once again. Although I doubt they will equal the Python quality once created by true craftsmen. The early Pythons were assembled and lock work hand fitted by a single craftsman. We shall see.

Colt announced in late 2019 they have voluntarily stopped selling AR15s to the civilian market, only LEO going forward. They also lost out as a supplier of rifles to the US military, to FN. Me thinks they are trying to replace lost revenue streams. We may be witnessing the last days of Colt Manufacturing going forward.

Checking the SN of my unit above @ the Colt website indicates it was manufactured in 1973.

I held a 45 Gold Cup once in the early 90's. I will admit it was one of the worst feeing triggers I've ever felt on a gun that expensive. Ths trigger creep felt like I was trying to skateboard in a gravel driveway. Thank you United Auto Workers Union.

1 hour ago, Mighty Favog said:

I held a 45 Gold Cup once in the early 90's. I will admit it was one of the worst feeing triggers I've ever felt on a gun that expensive. Ths trigger creep felt like I was trying to skateboard in a gravel driveway. Thank you United Auto Workers Union.

I believe you. But the Colt 1911 semi auto trigger mechanism is so easy to improve. So simple really. John Browning was a genius, as was displayed in many of his creations.

But yes you would think a Colt Gold Cup would have a decent trigger from the factory. Trigger creep is safe for a manufacturer, the great preventer of ADs.

I purchased a CZ Shadow II about 1.5 years ago. You want to feel an amazing trigger from the factory both in SA and DA, go fondle one of those. If you can find one locally.

S2-001C.jpg

• Like 5

I added some new Blu-rays to the collection

068986EF-E864-4544-9A8D-5C09299C513C.jpeg

• Like 5

Bought this for one reason only. Tone mapping via HDR optimizer function. Looking forward to better looking 4K spinners on my 106" Stewart StudioTek FilmScreen and less projector settings roulette. Will absolutely be keeping my OPPO-203 for all other purposes though.

20200121_095500.thumb.jpg.4ad85ea11ed5cc54255462d49f94321c.jpg

• Like 2

Sometimes it is difficult to keep my garage/workshop above 60 degrees for certain wood working and finishing jobs. This should help out on the coldest of days. I have an LP hose long enough to keep the propane tank outside, just have to remember to shut off the gas before spraying anything.

20200121_095716.jpg

Dunno the last time any of you purchased an UMIK-1, but the current versions come in a nice tidy little box. Good luck ever getting things back in there and closing it up for storage, however. And since I purchased a usb over ethernet adapter and 25ft cat6 cable for extended measuring distances I wanted a way to keep it all together. Bought this little ballistic case off Monoprice, plucked out a couple of custom holes for the usb extenders, then a big rectangle to utilize the UMIK factory foam cutout that was nice and precise. There's plenty of room for two layers of stuff, and it all fits nice and tidy. I may throw in a little thumb drive with my UMIK calibration files on it just for grins.

UMIK case

UMIK case

UMIK case

• Like 1

Mine is still new in box... unused.

One of the joys of an all analog post source set up.

15 minutes ago, Schu said:

Mine is still new in box... unused.

One of the joys of an all analog post source set up.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Dunno the last time any of you purchased an UMIK-1, but the current versions come in a nice tidy little box. Good luck ever getting things back in there and closing it up for storage, however. And since I purchased a usb over ethernet adapter and 25ft cat6 cable for extended measuring distances I wanted a way to keep it all together. Bought this little ballistic case off Monoprice, plucked out a couple of custom holes for the usb extenders, then a big rectangle to utilize the UMIK factory foam cutout that was nice and precise. There's plenty of room for two layers of stuff, and it all fits nice and tidy. I may throw in a little thumb drive with my UMIK calibration files on it just for grins.

Very nice Michael.  I take it you're bringing it to SWAG?  Even though I think we might have more than one UMIK there, it would be interesting to compare at least a couple of them set up in differing positions.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 7:06 AM, polizzio said:

I purchased a CZ Shadow II about 1.5 years ago

SUPER jealous here in the devils firearm state. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Very nice Michael.  I take it you're bringing it to SWAG?  Even though I think we might have more than one UMIK there, it would be interesting to compare at least a couple of them set up in differing positions.

I did sorta buy it now for the sake of taking it to SWAG. :)