The Klipsch Audio Community
Khornukopia

Class D amplifiers are cool

2 hours ago, Pennywise said:

You should probably change the batteries in those filters if you haven't done it yet.

Dean

I checked mine at 5 years and they were still at 9v.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:06 AM, Delicious2 said:

Got 2nd monoblock built up and playing.  I'll be comparing them to Trends TA 10.2 class T, VTL Tiny Triode PP tube monoblocks and First Watt SIT2.

How do you like your N-Core amps?

Deang is now Pennywise? Where have I been?

On 5/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, polizzio said:

A member here sold one in the classifieds in the last 7 days.

Haha ... yes that was me :D Had an XLS 2502. They are awesome units ... mucho power, DSP and the fan does not kick in until its turned way up. Highly recommend them.  (Just did not need the power since I got rid of my dual 18" bass bins.)

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

How do you like your N-Core amps?

Haven't critically listened to them yet.  I've got one driving the bass in my center channel  Chris and I have been attempting to tune.  

21 hours ago, babadono said:

Deang is now Pennywise? Where have I been?

I thought of changing my name to Pound Foolish... 🤐

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 5:34 PM, Emile said:

Haha ... yes that was me :D Had an XLS 2502. They are awesome units ... mucho power, DSP and the fan does not kick in until its turned way up. Highly recommend them.  (Just did not need the power since I got rid of my dual 18" bass bins.)

Cheers, Emile

My Crown XLS 1002 arrived yesterday. So I hooked it up to a spare pair of floorstanders and my Cowen mp3 player to make sure it works ok, no issues as it was "gently used". Impressive performance, no noise no surprise pops when switching on or off, just clean power. I actually laid on the beanbag and listened to Seal for quite a while. Loads of adjustments,  bridged or stereo, high pass, low pass, or band pass filters. 

• Haha 1

Very cool looking, but, @ $15k, I’ll stay with my DIY TPA3118 “Wiener” and TI TPA3255EVM class D amps, both of which accept the balanced output from a Pono player.  Including 3 Pono players, the two amp boards, two cases, assorted switches, connectors, etc., I don’t have $1,000 invested in the whole lot.  I’m not implying that my setup is better than, or even as good as, the AGD amp referenced above. I’m merely saying that any improvement could not justify, to me, the expense difference. 

YMMV

This DTA-120 from Parts Express has been a good little amplifier for years. The newer version has Bluetooth.

IMG_4800.JPG.f841db96f05470f2979167fbcdfaeb78.JPG