Diet

Bosco-d-gama

I wanted to re visit this because in one of these diet threads I commented why can't I buy Potassium supplements in greater than 99mg size. Well I found a company on Amazon called Bulk Supplements. They sell it in kilogram size bags. Much easier to get 2 grams ingested instead of 20 capsules. And cheaper too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tommiek said:

I need to lose weight very fast i want to try the 7 day diet and lose 10 pounds-if following this diet is it safe..maybe anyone has tried this before?

What diet are you talking about? Stop eating carbohydrates and eat less frequently...you will lose weight. I don't know about 10 pounds in 7 days but it is possible.

If you are insulin resistant(most Americans are to some degree) it may take longer than 7 days.

• Like 4

On 8/22/2023 at 12:47 AM, tommiek said:

I need to lose weight very fast i want to try the 7 day diet and lose 10 pounds-if following this diet is it safe..maybe anyone has tried this before?

That's probably unrealistic. A strict keto diet, along with a 1200 or so calorie limit per day will get you 5 pounds in a week. But 10 is doubtful unless you just stop eating for a week.

What's the reason for this radical approach?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went and got a Covid test a couple weeks ago (I'm good) and they weighed me.....down another 13lbs for a total of 110lbs in 3 1/2 years.

I also found out that my work boots weigh a whopping 10lbs by themselves. Time to put them on a diet as well.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SWL said:

Went and got a Covid test a couple weeks ago (I'm good) and they weighed me.....down another 13lbs for a total of 110lbs in 3 1/2 years.

I also found out that my work boots weigh a whopping 10lbs by themselves. Time to put them on a diet as well.

Lighter boots are a game changer!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Your supposed to be naked when you weigh yourself. No wet hair and take a dump and a pee-pee before.

Also if possible the same time of day with all conditions being the same.  

We have used this Greater Goods scale and Weight Guru app since March 2020 and could not be more pleased.

Greater Goods Smart Scale for Body Weight, a US-Based Company Powered by Superior Service & Dependable Products

all time weight.jpg

year weight.jpg

month weight.jpg

week weight.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Your supposed to be naked when you weigh yourself. No wet hair and take a dump and a pee-pee before.

JJK

Actually, I think I peed my pants right after I read the scale. I wasn't expecting to be another 13lbs lighter.

• Like 2

I've been doing low carb for 6 weeks and dropped from 197 to 183.  I'm 6'2".  Yesterday I had a cheat day as I have been craving a roast beef wedge with lettuce, tomato, and white cheese.  $14 but enough for 2 meals.  I expected to gain a pound or two but delighted to see I was at 182.8 this morning.  Lady friend suggested that I have not been eating enough and that has slowed my weight loss.  She may be right.

I use to keep something from a magazine on the door of the fridge that states "nothing tastes as good as slim feels".  That said I'm making Osso Bucco chili for tonight😊 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Along with losing weight the other fantastic benefit of low carb/no carb fueling regime is that you avoid 95% of the toxic chemical sludge that they put into processed and packaged food which is most of the carbs being made and sold.

The #1 toxin you will be avoiding is added sugar. #2 are those dreadful PUFAs found in seed oils.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, John Warren said:

Shown below, the reason nearly 40% the US population is obese and we're in a T2D crisis in this country.

They want you sick.

55 minutes ago, John Warren said:

Shown below, the reason nearly 40% the US population is obese and we're in a T2D crisis in this country.

Doctors receive about 2 hours of education on nutrition. It's forgotten before they get out of residency. The USDA, which produced that ludicrous food chart is tasked with promoting and expanding agriculture, and that means they are never going to stop promoting sugar, grains, corn, soy, and polyunsaturated vegetable oil. They are still (the last of) the believers in the lipid hypothesis of the 1970s.

Agriculture and pharmaceuticals go together like a hand and glove.

Look at this chart for statins - the most useless drug on the market:

Global Statin Market: Industry Analysis and Forecast (2019-2027)