Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Westcoastdrums

KHORNS Check These Out

Recommended Posts

They appear to do good quality restorations, from what I see in their pictures. I hope they rescue, re-finish and re-sell lots of Klipsch speakers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the exposed tops you'd think they'd time align the tweeter to the mid.  Personally I think they look cool but think I'd tire of them quickly if I had to look at them every day plus what would you put in your room to go with them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

what would you put in your room to go with them?

Good point.   For better or worse, they would become the focal point of the room.  You'd have to jungle theme the room. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it'd be really cool if they glowed in the dark. 😊

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking the son is the radical one and looking for some young guy who wants that "stellar" system that's different.  Jungle theme is spot on cause as Claude said they're rad.  Lot of $$$ but would definitely get some looks and smiles when used.  Ugh, not me though but there was a time I suppose.  $12k?  GTFOH!  lol  Umm, NO!  Wait!  Where's that Clemson guy???  @JohnJ  😂  😂  :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The rent price is too da*n high!" used to love seeing that guy on tv ranting idiotically.

 

Don't have the same effect as a gorgeous pair of Oris horns with high gloss lacquer. The veneer is remarkable but the horns should be encased, way too much going on there. The horns look fine but should be on top of something more subtle.

I have seen other sets done by those TX guys I'd give my left - - - for! Those Franken Heresy were Ford blue and they were more acceptable to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These remind me of the old saying,  "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

What? 

Did you mean

WHAT!!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the wires would have been color matched to the horns, maybe, but really, yellow and black instead of orange and black.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

With the exposed tops you'd think they'd time align the tweeter to the mid.  Personally I think they look cool but think I'd tire of them quickly if I had to look at them every day plus what would you put in your room to go with them?

Mind altering liquids...

 

would help.. Shake it up Carl...

 

Then it would not matter... Where they are...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 6:59 AM, CECAA850 said:

With the exposed tops you'd think they'd time align the tweeter to the mid.

 

I agree, but on the website, it says they don't want to change the sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 10:53 AM, JohnJ said:

"The rent price is too da*n high!" used to love seeing that guy on tv ranting idiotically.

 

Don't have the same effect as a gorgeous pair of Oris horns with high gloss lacquer. The veneer is remarkable but the horns should be encased, way too much going on there. The horns look fine but should be on top of something more subtle.

I have seen other sets done by those TX guys I'd give my left - - - for! Those Franken Heresy were Ford blue and they were more acceptable to me.

 

Slow down there partner.  Just pay the ridiculous price charged by the Texas guys and you can keep your left ---!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...