Elekit TU-8800 which I built

not pictured

Luxman CL-38uC Preamp

Rogue Audio ST-100 Amp

Tavish Adagio Phono Preamp

Tubes are incredible sounding 😁😁

D3F4A092-BBFF-4AB8-90CB-82E0D070383C.jpeg

0E7C3067-C484-4774-9461-767F792462C3.jpeg

Did you coat that Elekit black yourself? I like the wooden sides as well! On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a complete beginner, how hard is it to build the Elekit? 

Have not built the Elekit but with most diy projects with multiple build guides available on the net one only needs to know how to follow directions and solder. I know many that have completed diy products knowing little if nothing about electronics. 

The Elekit’s are easy to build and the PCB boards are layed out very well.  A couple of things someone needs to understand before starting on one in my opinion are as follows;

- follow the assembly instructions in the order given

- insure when placing diodes, caps, etc on the board the orientation is correct

- Have and use high grade solder

- use a magnified light (this makes reading the PCB much easier)

- spend extra for upgraded parts

- Do Not Be In A Hurry

my assembly took 3 weekends but this was my first build and I took extra time.  I did use flat black heat resistant paint on the chassis and the wood panels are Brazilian Rosewood I cut and fit in my wood shop.  After completion, I only had one issue and it was regarding the headphone input and that was a crossed solder joint.  It has been running flawlessly for 1 year now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

20220807-163610.jpg

Just arrived , Toolshed Amps 300b.  Initial impressions are excellent .   Exceptional quality build , big Soundstage and excellent grip on drums and bass guitar.   Midrange and upper registers are beautifully rendered.  Sounds amazing.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Steve. said:

Just arrived , Toolshed Amps 300b.  Initial impressions are excellent .   Exceptional quality build , big Soundstage and excellent grip on drums and bass guitar.   Midrange and upper registers are beautifully rendered.  Sounds amazing.

Damn man that is beautiful! If it sounds half as good as it looks you must be in sonic heaven right now congrats! 

Thanks for the kind words.   Workmanship is over the top.....  sounds incredible with my Forte IV and Zesto Leto preamp driving it .   It cost the same as a CJ , Mac, or any other amp in the same league and yes it was worth the wait and cost.    Matt promised me an exceptional amp and he delivered in a big way.

• Like 3

Both are DIY from a schematics, I built the enclosures (Lowes sheet steel and hardwood floor scraps for sides) and designed the layouts. On the left is a preamp based on 6N6P tubes and on the right a 3wpc amp based on 6E5P tubes. I didn't design the circuit, Doug DeYoung at bugamps is the circuit designer. He gave me his emblems to put on the gear.

My Emotiva PT1 and BasxA300 have been in the closet since I completed this a few months ago.

bugamps.jpg.69b092738f5944ab66545f28a413df3b.jpg

• Like 10