Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

5 hours ago, billybob said:

Interesting. I used to take Ranitidine for occasional heartburn per doctor's recommendation.  Then it got pulled off the market due to cancer concerns, so I switched to Famotidine. Now I suppose Famotidine will become one of those hard to find products.  Guess I will have to go back to Tums.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sputnik said:

Hence the failure of so many of the Trump branded properties and products.

Most all wealthy people have experienced business failures. Where they end up is what really counts and not only is Trump a successful billionaire he also beat the pants off tons of frothing at the mouth opponents to become President. So pray tell by what standard is he a failure? No one on these forums is even remotely close to accomplishing a tiny fraction of what Trump has. Apparently many who have not succeeded like he has can tell him how and why he is a failure.

About placing in college. Henry Ford quit school at 15 and it was not until he was hugely successful and much later in life that he attended further schooling. Bill Gates is a Harvard drop out with no degree except an honorary one given him many years later..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

What is blue?  Seems a pretty sad state there also, for sure, so you possibly might want to concentrate on COVID vs. again trying to play the "Hillary Basket of Deplorables" as with the psychology link.  How are we going to get out of this state with COVID?   Surely not opening the boarders so more can come across and giving out free money.

The "open borders" red herring is an example of the extreme right-wing psychosis - I have not not heard any serious consideration of open borders that allow an unchecked flood of immigrants.  It's another scare tactic to fire up the emotions of the 30%.  The psychology of political manipulation is important and we're seeing it play out.  "Wuhan Virus" is another example of the psycho-manipulation.

As far as solutions to the CV19 pandemic, I can't think of much beyond what been done and recommended in other countries and here.  The continued social distancing, testing, isolation of carriers, contact tracking all have proven to be successful in slowing the spread or "flattening the curve."  That and the inevitable economic crash will require sacrifice that many don't want to accept.  The majority of the population will probably be infected but, at least, not all at once.  Use the War Powers Act to accelerate R&D into treatments and vaccine development.  These have already been put out on the table, we just have to suck it up like the generations before us and try to live up the legacy with which we've been blessed. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Interesting. I used to take Ranitidine for occasional heartburn per doctor's recommendation.  Then it got pulled off the market due to cancer concerns, so I switched to Famotidine. Now I suppose Famotidine will become one of those hard to find products.  Guess I will have to go back to Tums.

Have taken ranitidine in the past.

Famotidine I had not taken.

Comes generic and cheap enough.

Only problem I see is if it comes from China. Since that Zantac (ranitidine) episode, have my doubts about quality control.

12 minutes ago, sputnik said:

The "open borders" red herring is an example of the extreme right-wing psychosis - I have not not heard any serious consideration of open borders that allow an unchecked flood of immigrants.  It's another scare tactic to fire up the emotions of the 30%.  The psychology of political manipulation is important and we're seeing it play out.  "Wuhan Virus" is another example of the psycho-manipulation.

That is your opinion but apparently you discount other's as they are all messed up in the head.  I think those generalizations can be made on both sides of the argument.  Pretty sad it has to come down to that when you can't come up with firm data on anything and resort to this type of discussion.

7 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

That is your opinion but apparently you discount other's as they are all messed up in the head.  I think those generalizations can be made on both sides of the argument.  Pretty sad it has to come down to that when you can't come up with firm data on anything and resort to this type of discussion.

Apparently, you believe that reality has a liberal bias.  I'm merely calling BS and pointing out where the Trump defenders have to twist facts and spin semantics to protect their "Dear Leader."

[added:  I'm not saying there aren't crazies on both sides, I don't care to endure the screeds of red or blue zealots]

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sputnik said:

Apparently, you believe that reality has a liberal bias.  I'm merely calling BS and pointing out where the Trump defenders have to twist facts and spin semantics to protect their "Dear Leader."

Sounds like hard work if you can get it. Certainly not going to volunteer for it...

37 minutes ago, sputnik said:

The psychology of political manipulation is important and we're seeing it play out.

agree.  I will state plainly that i do not belong to any political party and the manipulation they both use is one of the reasons. To be fair, it runs both ways ... “our democracy is at stake” is an oft heard warning. just too much hyperbole meant to enflame their respective bases. I used to wonder why people fall for it; but now i’ve concluded that people that are hyper-political toward a particular party or person are NOT that way as a result of a lack of education or information -- they simply chose to be that way. When they fear that the country won’t be governed as THEY would like, facts upon facts upon facts won’t change their minds. It’s a waste of time to argue with them ... all the information in the world will not cure a selfish or deceitful heart. 

Use the War Powers Act to accelerate R&D into treatments and vaccine development.

100% agreement and should have been done the very day that it was realized that this was a serious threat. 

we just have to suck it up like the generations before us and try to live up the legacy with which we've been blessed. 

Again, 100% agree, but we’re dealing with a couple of generations that have never been told no. Building up someone’s self-esteem was the best thing you can do for them and now we are surrounded by emotionally weak people that are selfish above all else. That and just too much crap on the internet.  Can’t recall what the name associated to it is, but back in college, we learnt that regardless of how unbelievable something was (any topic) -- about 12% of those were given that information believed it.  The internet thrives on that 12%.

I have not not heard any serious consideration of open borders that allow an unchecked flood of immigrants

admittedly, i don’t follow this issue very closely; but i do remember Bill Clinton getting applause (standing ovation i believe) during his state of union when he said that we need to secure the borders, deny welfare benefits to illegal aliens, and refuse federal contracts to those companies hiring illegal aliens, and that he was going to double the deportation of illegal aliens that have committed crimes. That speech was only 25 years ago, give that speech today and you’re a rabid racist. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

It's image...

He started expensive businesses which failed, at which time he lost a lot of money. Now just his own, but other peopls money as well. Plus the people who were hurt when they lost their jobs. 

Regardless he has engineered the most robust recovery America has experienced in a century. So if he’s ‘dumb’ then how much dumber have our other leaders been in this regard?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sputnik said:

[added:  I'm not saying there aren't crazies on both sides, I don't care to endure the screeds of red or blue zealots]

No I believe you are just getting a rise out of the non-sense.... Sputnik.... would figure... only goes one way that I have seen from your posts until now (and you had to add it).

9 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Regardless he has engineered the most robust recovery America has experienced in a century. So if he’s ‘dumb’ then how much dumber have our other leaders been in this regard?

Inherited it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seadog said:

Guess I will have to go back to Tums.

In all seriousness you can OD or more accurately 'poison' yourself with too many Tums. I had no idea. But my neice did the exact thing you are describing. She took Ranitidine daily also, until it was pulled. Then at some point soon after she was taking Tums. She ended up in the ER. Now, I don't know if her blood makeup somehow intensified the ingredients in the Tums, due to whatever meds she may or may not be taking. But this is real. And she ate no more Tums than she ingested Ranitidine.

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Well, it's derailed completely, apparently not smart enough to keep it even 10% SARS-CoV-2. Find someplace else to vent about, media, elections, the President, whatever political. I don't have time to clean it up right now. It's locked, will probably be hidden. 

If you want information about the virus there have been many, many good and reliable sources listed in this thread, you are all smart enough to separate the wheat from the chaff.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I'm in Vail and have no time to deal with it at the moment.

Real men go to Crustybutt or run the gauntlet to Telluride;  unless you have a condo or second home there... and which case makes me your new best friend.

28 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

On the subject of COVID, looks like England will be shutting down for a month.

We've surpassed the previous COVID-19 Percentage of Total Inpatient Hospitalizations and are about 5% away from Gov Abbott's threshold for COVID-19 Percentage of Total Inpatient Hospitalizations: https://gis-covid19-dentoncounty.hub.arcgis.com/pages/covid-19cases  I'm real curious if they are going to shut us down again.

19 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

We've surpassed the previous COVID-19 Percentage of Total Inpatient Hospitalizations and are about 5% away from Gov Abbott's threshold for COVID-19 Percentage of Total Inpatient Hospitalizations: https://gis-covid19-dentoncounty.hub.arcgis.com/pages/covid-19cases  I'm real curious if they are going to shut us down again.

Hope Texas doesn't shut-down, but being Flu season, there's always the real possibility.  The Holiday family gatherings won't help anyone.  The wife and I (my girlies too) will be doing doing it solo this year. Our eldest took-off back to college in Sept., she's taking 15 hrs., 9 of which require class attendance. So far so good. She's a sharp cookie, but I still worry about her... the wife more than me.

• Like 4

@Zen Traveler ... actually I have already in the last couple of pages before the finish...

Was talking about needing more treatments with links showing 3 or more with promise.

Did not address shut downs as others including yourself were discussing that. Maybe you can prosper.

See you are not doing Lounge so, later, for now.

5eb6c195ae034.image.jpg

• Like 1