K402/K-691 EQ SETTINGS

• Moderators
On 4/14/2022 at 4:05 PM, HelpfulWife said:

Does anyone know which settings Mr Delgado recommends for the EQ Settings on the K402/K-691 combo? 

Just trying to assist my dearest husband who keeps adjusting but wants to hear the settings he believes to be the greatest settings around. 

Can't wait to hear the back story on all of this.

They are here somewhere, and someone will help you find them. 

EDIT: what is the K402/K-691 sitting on top of? A KPT-KHJ bass bin, or something how brew?

If it's on a home brew bass bin then your husband's settings are going to be best (it's one of the laws of audio that your own speakers sound better, and a corollary is that your settings are also best)

On 4/14/2022 at 5:05 PM, HelpfulWife said:

Does anyone know which settings Mr Delgado recommends for the EQ Settings on the K402/K-691 combo? 

Just trying to assist my dearest husband who keeps adjusting but wants to hear the settings he believes to be the greatest settings around. 

@Islander   @Schu  @Paducah Home Theater

7 hours ago, jjptkd said:

That is interesting... I don't think I have ever seen that.

OP... Austin is correct, it would make a big difference as to what bass bin your husband is using... and if it's not something tried by someone here, our recommendations would be problematic.

15 minutes ago, Schu said:

That is interesting... I don't think I have ever seen that.

OP... Austin is correct, it would make a big difference as to what bass bin your husband is using... and if it's not something tried by someone here, our recommendations would be problematic.

It is potentially even more complicated.

The document did not show any bass bin PEQs for the (underground) Jubilee. Originally, Roy did provide these for use with Electrovoice DX38 processor. Additionally not only is identifying which bass bin is being used, we need to know which processor is being used. For instance, loading the parameters for the EV DX38 into a miniDSP processor will require modification. 

If your family speakers (the ones that happily present to you and your husband the most realistic possible presentations of your favourite music, and video soundtracks) are Klipsch Jubilees, Roy’s the best person to contact.  He was second only to Paul Klipsch himself in the creation of the Jubilees, and knows more about them than anyone.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:05 PM, HelpfulWife said:

I would be happy to email you the base Xilica settings if that's the DSP you are using.  Send me a PM with your email.

On 4/15/2022 at 10:48 PM, Travis In Austin said:

Can't wait to hear the back story on all of this.

They are here somewhere, and someone will help you find them. 

EDIT: what is the K402/K-691 sitting on top of? A KPT-KHJ bass bin, or something how brew?

If it's on a home brew bass bin then your husband's settings are going to be best (it's one of the laws of audio that your own speakers sound better, and a corollary is that your settings are also best)

Back story isn't very good. I purchased the K402s a couple years ago with our favorite Klipsch dealer. At the time, I didn't have enough spare cash to pick up the Xilica with an amp, so I got the KDA-1000, which worked with my Pioneer audio receiver's pre outs. Now even worse than the "Underground Jubilees," I put the K402 on top of Belle bass bins. 

The audio receiver didn't play well with the KDA-1000, so my best speakers were out of commission and I decided that I needed to upgrade. 

So I bought the Xilica, I added pre amps, but I forgot to ask our favorite dealer to program it. I did ask after the fact, but he is a very busy man, so I understand the lack of a response. 

I asked my wife to try and find the settings while at work, because every once in a while, if I can't find something, she can. 

Roy was nice enough to respond, he said he would look to see if he still has the Jubescala settings and would send them if he could find them. 

I appreciate everyone's responses, one of the reasons I love Klipsch is the community, everyone is so helpful. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Travisallen said:

Roy was nice enough to respond, he said he would look to see if he still has the Jubescala settings and would send them if he could find them.

I'm not Roy...and I don't think this is your driver, but it might get you in the ballpark?

DX-38 settings for LaScala (1 or 2) LF with K402 & K69.pdf

Since many have the Xilica processor.....I think Roy should obtain one and recurve everything so we can have updated parameters for the Xilica.

We could perhaps bribe him with copious amounts of bbq ribs & blueberries.

I've got a little voice in the back of my head that says I posted many (all?) of the files I have.  If I did so, to be fair, it might have been 10/15 years ago.

I still have them BUT, they are all configurations for the K-69 driver that the old buyers received AND they are configured using the EV DX-38.

I don't recall the technical differences but the DX uses "volts" (or something) to make the incremental changes whereas the Xilica uses DB's or some other format....  so you have to jump through some hoops to figure out what one unit in the DX is worth as a unit in the Xilica.

Now, if that jumble above made sense....you can take the rest of the day off!