Why/how do you spend so much time on here?

tommyboy

My reason is, well, first of all, this is IMO the best audio related forum out there. Secondly, our boys go to bed at 730 about 5 out of 7 nights a week. (It's a beautiful thing if you're a patient enough person to pull it off) I'm not willing to wake them up after, so no loud movies/music/TV for me. So............ I get on here! What's your reason?

it's a place to hang out until I get a life Wink

You aren't waiting for the afterlife, you? ... I didn't think so.

For me, my GF is on the other side of the world, so certain times are free. Of course, there is the yard work, house work, job...

mostly, because this is like a family here, and audio is one of the things I like.

Bruce

it's a place to hang out until I get a life Wink

You aren't waiting for the afterlife, you? ... I didn't think so.

For me, my GF is on the other side of the world, so certain times are free. Of course, there is the yard work, house work, job...

mostly, because this is like a family here, and audio is one of the things I like.

Bruce

Bruce,

Yeh. you have said that well.

My love for music and interest in all things Klipsch got me here and through the gracious sharing of a fabulous collective base of knowledge, I've learned more than I ever imagined knowing about audio. Also, some of the best people I know, I've met on this forum. It has become alot like a family to me, too.

Why? I enjoy being able to assist others with questions they have regarding audio in general. I like being able to get educated advice with questions I have as well.

How? My wife usually goes to bed early so I spend a while online here, on a couple car forums and eBay/craigslist.

Because I am fastinated by people going back to tubes and vinyl which I abandoned 23 years ago for poor perfomance reasons. I have to admit that $10,000.00 turntables, $4,000.00 cartriges and $1500.00 single channel amplifiers are quite a curiousity. $40,000.00 speakers do not interest me at all but the knowledge of Crites and Dean and others do.

JJK

• Moderators

I don't read here for long periods, I check in a few times a day, depending on how busy I am.

After meeting many of the people on here you will notice there are some really nice people, it's a little different talking with them after you get to know them in person, like friends.

And then there is the old, "nuts like to know what other nuts are doing", thing ! [;)]

I'm here because my security firm was hired to keep an eye on Jackson Bart.

Along the way though, I got to learn a real lot, spend myself into poverty on exotic toys, make some friends, and share a laugh or two.

More than I should, not as much as Id like. I come here for the knoweledge and experience from the older forum members. I want too some day have a chance to own a pair of khorns, belles and la scalasbut in the interim I'm learning as much as I can so when I get a pair I willhave the experience to know what I actually like and enjoy. I like know what the different numbers mean. Thank You all for your input and knoweledge.

Why? Klipsch speakers are my WAF approved hobby. I've learned more from the Forum members than I could ever have hoped for. Sometimes I'll spend a few hours reading what's new and who's fooling with what, but usually I'm doing other "stuff". Members? Most eclectic bunch of folks I've ever seen!!! In a good way!!! Met some great folks!!! Come to think of it, have not net anyone (in person or just in Forum conversations) that did not seem to be anything other than super folks. I've visited other forums for audio, and some other part time hobbies, but invariably they seem to be inhabited by folks with an agenda... and if you don't fit in their agenda, oh well... Klipsch forum is not like that. Some crazy arguments go on, but everyone, by and large, is "civilized" about most everything.

• Moderators

A couple hours a day, because I'm paid to. [;)]

Obviously, if I'd never been hired by Klipsch, chances are slim to none that I would have ever found this forum, let alone become a member. I consider myself very lucky to be doing what I'm doing, learning what I'm learning...and even if I were to ever leave for any reason, I would still come back to this forum. It is indeed a big (hearted) family.

I am here to monitor fanatical posters in the BS forum and get under the skin of the infidels. [:D] Seriously, I am here to monitor the subwoofer forum.

Why would I stay all these years on Klipsch forum,maybe because I find the Klipsch sound quite to my liking. [;)]

couple of times a day

great forum, lots of laughs, learn heaps as I have much to learn and very very very few idiots if any.

I to have WAF and recently she said after I got out the measuring tape "you will never be happy", I am now thinking of RC64 to replace RC35, thank God it will not fit in desired spot. That is one argument saved. [:P]