• Recent Posts

• Good Day,   Since, i like very much, my 6L6, discover 2A3 tube amp on my friend recent purchase (Cary), any more affordable 2A3 amp, you recommand? and 300B, is it better?   thanks all regards
    • Compromise is found in home theater , the question  is where are you willing to compromise ? If  possible ,I would  suggest avoiding   small theater screens . after all the screen size is  related to the field of view , and this is the single most important aspect to achieving the immersive effect that we’re all striving for . Size is imperative here , it’s importance shouldn’t be underestimated . A 100 inch OLED display will unfortunately be too small for many home theaters , as the optimal  field of view would put you in a 10 ft seating range or less  . A projector gives much more flexibility in the choice of speakers , room size ,and  seating position. Yes a flat screen is the easy choice , and it may be the best choice in many cases , but for a deluxe dedicated medium to large theater room with big powerful speakers , a projector offers not only more  flexibility and emotional satisfaction , but also , to my eyes a more pleasant and comfortable  image .  I’m thinking only some days of the week 🤓
    • I had a similar setup in my old house. My front left and right were RP 8000's that were to the left and right of an acoustically transparent screen. For my center speaker I used a Klipsch KL-7800-THX. I loved the set-up. Gene from audioholics has a good video on his setup that is similar.    
    • The OldChen amps sound nice but, the fixed bias is a problem and necessitates opening the amp with power tube changes to readjust the bias due to possible amp damage.
    • You have your work cut out. I look forward to the restoration.
    • Waiting years for an amp, this is really funny since there are so many other options.  
    • New toys and the fun of integrating a great system, enjoy!
    • Free speech also has it consequences.  This is a audio forum and other matters  should be on other social media!  The forum has places for social talk, recipes, music, pics, etc.
    • Restoring an '86 Forte I set.  Does anyone know what this finish is called, and how to reproduce/recreate it? It's similar to the finish on a KG 3.5 set I recently did, but the raised "spots" on the 3.5 set are more like dots, and like flat splotches on the Forte set.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    seatider56