• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Hi Maynard,   Thank you for the response. I wasn't exactly sure what to make of the unit. There seems to be very little talk of Knight on the internet and my grandfather lived through the Depression and was frugal. He did however play in a small band and had a love of music so....   Craig's website NOS Valves mentions the Knight brand so I think I'll reach out to him. He seems to have a good reputation on various forums.   God bless, Padua 
    • Like the cedar chest and that Thermos gear. A glass Thermos that works is worth it's weight in gold! Those wool vests aren't too shabby either, wouldn't have cared about those when I was 40.
    • So just to be succinct, the LF cabinets don't "clip" or distort and neither does the McIntosh amp. I would guess one could throw more watts at the Jubilee LF cabs and they would play at their 300/1200 watt nominal/peak rating. It's the McIntosh amp that was running out of juice and the sentry/powerguard kicking in when the DB meter hit 105db and the wattage was pegged near 250 watts on the McIntosh display.
    • The McIntosh sentry powerguard kicks in; I don't hear actual clipping on the McIntosh. I was fast and loose with my language.   I measured the DB on two devices at the same time (Decibelx on my iphone and a physical meter). The McIntosh meter was hitting 250 watts/channel as well. 
    • I really appreciate all of the advice, pictures, knowledge, etc. I am in the process of revamping my speaker wiring to the area where I plan to place the Heresy 2s. I did bench test them and they sound good, but still haven't used them in the mix of speakers I currently have including a sweet sounding pair of large / vintage Sansui cabinet speakers. I plan to work on these tasks in a day or 2. Again I really appreciate all of you. Good sound is great "sport" and as mentioned I really ......really appreciate good music played through good sound systems. Sadly my friend that I mentioned learning from when we were kids in his father's sound room has passed away a few months ago.......I know he had a lot of very high end sound equipment, but I didn't even ask about any of it as it needs to be handed down to his family. Our son also likes good sound and I plan to pass on what I have which isn't much to him. Just because it is old and interesting and has sentimental value, he has his grandma and grandpa's old crank-up Victrola and a large collection of records that they started out with back in the 1930s. I still have my old Baylor Deluxe 8 AM transistor radio that I got for Christmas in about 1959 or so and it still works fine ....... sorry for drifting back in time, but I will mention in closing that I have a rather odd ball piece of "old musical machinery" and that is I have an original / never been installed / still new in the old cardboard box with associated paper work ..... A.R.C. 45 RPM car record player that was made to mount under the dash of your "cruzzer"........can you imagine trying to listen to "Blueberry Hill" on that unit while traveling down a rough road on a summer night with the windows down because you had no air conditioning .....because your old chopped top 50 Merc had none??? but it didn't matter cause you had your right arm around you gal and havin more fun than the rich folks..........I didn't have this unit when I was a kid, my first car was an old 1937 Ford 4-door with a tube AM in it........but man-O-man my second car was a 1962 Chevy Nova 2-door hardtop and I bought a brand new Muntz 4 track tape player for it ........ yes I said 4 track ....some of you "youngsters" won't believe that.....Thanks again and have a great weekend. ~ Dan      
    • Did play all of it earlier although it wasn't real loud like maybe Aerosmith would be!   Found some nice Brahms to finish off with Tim. Heard lots of him from the piano in the living room when I was little!    
    • Yes those four barrels in the back opening up at once are awesome in third prior to the shift or in fourth! My experience was in a balanced/blueprinted `65 GTO 389 with that carb setup! Decent mileage around town on that first two barrel, unlike two fours on a hemi!
    • Not too shabby.  Just dropped!    Run right down the list for the full lp.      
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Clamhad60