Ask the Historian

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

520 topics in this forum

1. KG 5.5

• 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 15 replies
    • 4.7k views
  2. The Walnut in The Walnut

• 4 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 3.3k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Concert boxes?

• 3 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 2.2k views
    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  4. KP-480-SW

• 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Heresy II

• 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. 1959 Klipsch Model H

• 9 replies
    • 3.4k views
    • 8 replies
    • 2.5k views
  7. Help with Heresy

• 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 6.4k views
    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 14 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Sealed KG2s ?

• 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. 1971 Belles value

• 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 2.5k views
    • 4 replies
  • Recent Posts

• @Full Range  Nah, not when we have one in Columbus.  Used to go there just about every year   ALWAYS a great time.  Great peeps doin their thang and I ate like  pig.  Perfect!        My  pile is growing .  FINALLY got some sleep so maybe.  lol  Ugn!  
    • Hey @Edward Kirk. Feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss what you’re looking for. I have some parts on hand taking up space I could build a few different amps out of. 
    • This is the rolling stones,  and they planned the show a for a long time and at that time they we're not beginner! an got lot's of engineer! Btw, that was the CD, and for a strange reason, sound better on tidal, not the same reading and lp's got not the similar curve...   there are some bootleg of the show, but they seems to have disapear, good legal teams the stones!   So with digital, if it goes one way, it goes the others.   Sadly, by searching the web, what is teach on internet, is loudness recording is the best and dynamic is the enemy! lot's and lot's of software to put loundness in music, but the reverse sadly nothing!   i use to record band, with mini HD, live and you catch everything without saturated the thing, because the first technology, always rely on setup, of the old one, loudness, is discovery from the late 1990, and it help the apple tree grow and headphone downsize for recharging battery purpuss!   best listening all, no more new CD for me   BTW   I have spending time listening LedZeppelin from all era remastering:   first transfert on CD: lazy transfert: just the lp's to CD second mastering: some compressing, hiss is the enemy third mastering: we found something last time, we will push it a little bit, extra money more pic and no background noise from old studio fourth mastering: hey, i look at it, the still space for compression, let make it look like and scotch tape recording, fill the damm thing! now no more silence all is fill! kid are deaft, so they don't notice... Fifth mastering, Oups, lp's  revival, compression not working, let decrease it and make lp's sound better than CD, we make more money with vinyl anyway! Streaming market: let them manage there hireshish the way they want with there software! they will need compression to decrease the amount of storage they need and compression help multi listening streaming, less data to manage, so vinyl rule! 99$ for an lp's, well it goes with an 11$ bigmag burger, will put the problem on the pandemic, nobody will notice...   i have try to put some humor in it, because i am so sad of what happen with music recording.  
    • Something a little off topic  Anyone going to the Houston Greek Festival  - https://www.houstongreekfest.com/   We have one every year locally in Brisbane and it’s also on soon  Great food and you will leave with a smile 😊   
    • Thanks for the reply. Yes it is 7.2.  So currently using the front left/right channels and the 2nd zone.  I could use the rear channels as well yes, but placement of the speakers elsewhere could be problematic. If money was not an issue id get some landscaping speakers and put them in the back to make use of the extra channels but those are very expensive. 
    • May I ask a newb question: how did you come up with that particular distribution of 6 (if I counted them correctly) KI-102-SMA-II speakers for atmos? Are those evenly distributed in thirds across the ceiling?