Alerts!

Want to alert forum members to sales you are not affiliated with on eBay, Craigslist, etc? Post in here.

9163 topics in this forum

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
  1. CL: Cornwalls, Lascalas AND Belles

• 6 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 34 replies
    • 2k views
    • 0 replies
  2. x

• 0 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Chorus Chicago

• 5 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Well at almost 2 years, the seller might have realized they were $86K too high.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/304655625433?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=e90001.m162181.l175008&plmtId=700008&mesgId=3024&mkcid=8&ch=osgood&bu=43064868254&trkId=e24da651-e06b-3cf1-baf5-db27489b393a&cnvId=700003&recoId=304655625433&recoPos=1
    • Woot, today's the day.  Not much on the plate so turnin up the gas.  One to unzip and who knows what else.  Might even put a few away but that sounds like work.  Looking at 6 stacks leaning with each being about a 18" long.  Depressing.   I've been eyeing a piece of shelving board about 8 feel long I've saved in the garage.  It's from my original concrete block shelving circa 1962.  Too late to use that and I'm not gonna take a chance but...  There IS the front hallway if I move a bunch of gear and give my oldest a nice oak panel door cabinet she's been craving.  I've had that board since the beginning of it all...  😂   
    • When I see Mr Delgado's youtube again, going to put it here. Heritage Jubilee... Cool
    • Definitely agree with that. Versatile... thanks!
    • Thanks for the insight and help deciphering these Cornwalls.  Great to see a strong following and such detailed info still exists.   They will be my first set other than a Klipsch surround setup on my PC.  I also noticed from the grill fading these are vertical configuration, and have been reading up on their origin as a center speaker that later sold in stereo pairs due to market demand.  Not sure I’ll have room to lay them on their side, or if it will even be that noticeable to my well worn ears.  Either way, after decades in storage they will be a project to refurbish for sure.  
    • Building the walls with Roxul added inside will improve the sound of the music in the room and reduce the amount of sound traveling to the other side because the mineral wool absorbs air vibrations, therefore behaving similar to a bass trap. Adding Green Glue and a second layer of drywall reduces sound transmission to the other parts of the house and helps the music listening room by reducing the wall vibrations and resonances. Ideally both methods are installed together during construction.
    • @Babet Double check that your speaker wire polarity is correct, before trying to change anything. Make sure the positive and negative wires are attached to the proper terminals at the amp and the speakers. If one speaker is out of phase, that condition will reduce the bass response.
    • The 15 does stand for a 15" woofer.  Early on a few were built with 12" woofers.  Without reviewing 100's of pages of records in detail, it appear at first glance that none were done after about 1963.  I've never seen one.
    • To see previous and current transactions, I would recommend monitoring https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/forum/63-garage-sale/, as well as eBay.  We have mid-50's stock Khorns playing in our visitors Center.  They always impress, so 1969 should be, at the least, "respectable".  Considering that new ones are $18,000, I wouldn't think they should go for less than $2000 each, assuming they are in good condition.  But current value is not my forte (pun intended).